ADVERTISEMENT

Alco/Ridge

Alco will use clock, there offensive line isn’t horrible, defense is alright. I don’t know much about Ridge. Right now I would blindly put Ridge better than average 1A team. Alco below the bottom half in 1A. Resh and the freshman Bible will both get a lot of carries. I will say Ridge by more than 30 … 27-0. After this week Alco will win 5 straight and go into homecoming with momentum with 2 fairly fresh running backs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
Alco just fielded a punt on the 1 yard line. I’ve watched six plays and they’ve jumped off sides two times also🤣🤣

I think that Mountain Ridge will win a very close one. Mainly due to their injuries. I am aware of the injuries that the Campers have as well.

Alco goes 99.5 yards to score the opening touchdown of the game. Nice drive by the Campers. Extra point was good. 7-0 Campers with 3:56 to go in the first quarter.

Miners are really struggling on offense. Mainly due to self-inflected wounds. Dropped passes, penalties, etc. Going to be a struggle for MR to get a win at Greenway tonight if they play like they are right now.

83 yard TD run for Alco. 13-0. Ridge is really struggling on offense. Alco is controlling both lines right now.

Reactions: RedFootball
Good scouting by Allegany coaches. That dreaded hole on the left side of the MR defensive line reared its ugly head again. Campers score on first play of second quarter. Extra point is no good. 13-0 Alco with 11:47 to go in the first half.

Ridge finally went to quick outs and moving the ball ..then fumbled.

Multiple holding calls are hurting Ridge, too. Crucial.

Okay so these announcers are clearly saying there is a ref that is cheating and they are not even being shy about it. That's a pretty strong accusation.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Okay so these announcers are clearly saying there is a ref that is cheating and they are not even being shy about it. That's a pretty strong accusation.
There have been a couple questionable calls. But I am not at the game, so I will reserve my judgement until I see the broadcast.

Ridge gets crucial stop on fourth down following the fumble. They must score on this next drive.

Ridge gets crucial stop on fourth down following the fumble. They must score on this next drive.
They get that much needed score on the next drive. Despite the protest from the umpire. 13-7 Alco with 4:36 to go in the first half.

He is consistently calling holding, for sure. Always on run plays, interior line. Hard to see the call from the stands.

Another fumble on the ensuing drive for Alco. Giving Ridge a short field. Momentum is swinging.

The holding call and the illegal formation call on MR’s TD were legit calls. The holding call was unnecessary by the linemen as the play was far away from him but he pulled the jersey clearly.

Ridge holds Alco on first drive of 2nd half. Then marches down the field for a TD. 16-13 ridge pending extra point.

Mountain Ridge defense forces a stop on Campers opening possession of second half. They get a short field and score the go-ahead TD. 17-13 MR with 7:21 to go in third quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT