ADVERTISEMENT

ALCO Football

Your favorite Alco team just 2 years ago failed to get that ring. They were world beaters after they beat Dunbar in week 1.

Reactions: hbpass2
Your favorite Alco team just 2 years ago failed to get that ring. They were world beaters after they beat Dunbar in week 1.

Once again memory from week to week disappears in this fuggin' place. First game of the season Allegany is well coached and healthy. End of season by homecoming and playoffs Alco's lack of depth haunts them. Do some of you even read the answers to the same issues that get brought up time and time again. Or better, follow the games so you already know the answers.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
It doesn’t really matter. I agree that 1 A football isn’t the greatest but there are 3–5 teams that can beat ya. A title is a title. And that goes for those paper tiger titles of the 80’s too

To my knowledge only one lived in the district and commuted but three or four moved over to Cumberland during their middle school years. Three played together on one team and one is currently playing now. I in no way implicate that FH recruited these kids. It was a decision made by the players and their families.
Can you really blame them
Once again memory from week to week disappears in this fuggin' place. First game of the season Allegany is well coached and healthy. End of season by homecoming and playoffs Alco's lack of depth haunts them. Do some of you even read the answers to the same issues that get brought up time and time again. Or better, follow the games so you already know the answers.
2 years ago i remember alco was pretty healthy going into homecoming and got smoked came right back 2 weeks later with an injured qb and made a game of it so what happened there

Can you really blame them

2 years ago i remember alco was pretty healthy going into homecoming and got smoked came right back 2 weeks later with an injured qb and made a game of it so what happened there

They were not healthy at homecoming, even had a starting lineman kept from the game. That was the last of the Alco competitive teams. As I have posted: Robinette and post-Robinette are the defining periods. Last year was the denouement where Alco realized they could no longer compete.

Let me add, there are not 3 - 5 teams that could beat FH in 1A - not with their 3A bench from the Cumberland dynamic. The only thing that beats FH in 1A is karma.... and we've seen it as it usually appears in the form of Dunbar.

Watch as the season develops. I have little doubt that the attitude reflected in this forum is symptomatic to the FH program.

They were not healthy at homecoming, even had a starting lineman kept from the game. That was the last of the Alco competitive teams. As I have posted: Robinette and post-Robinette are the defining periods. Last year was the denouement where Alco realized they could no longer compete.

Let me add, there are not 3 - 5 teams that could beat FH in 1A - not with their 3A bench from the Cumberland dynamic. The only thing that beats FH in 1A is karma.... and we've seen it as it usually appears in the form of Dunbar.

Watch as the season develops. I have little doubt that the attitude reflected in this forum is symptomatic to the FH program.
Can't help but bring up Dunbar 1 lineman takes you out of a game holy shit your right stick a fork in them there done

Can't help but bring up Dunbar 1 lineman takes you out of a game holy shit your right stick a fork in them there done

More than that.... they just got their #1 receiver back and were generally bruised because they, even then, played offense and defense with the same line. As FH never had to.

What is your frickin' problem not accepting reality. And... as I recall your loss of a single lineman caused you to lose the last game you ever lost to Allegany. The Alco running game simply ran right at where he was not.

Of course, that was when Allegany had some talent. Even the FH deep bench could not save you then.

More than that.... they just got their #1 receiver back and were generally bruised because they, even then, played offense and defense with the same line. As FH never had to.

What is your frickin' problem not accepting reality. And... as I recall your loss of a single lineman caused you to lose the last game you ever lost to Allegany. The Alco running game simply ran right at where he was not.

Of course, that was when Allegany had some talent. Even the FH deep bench could not save you then.
I see your point fold up the teepee send them all to green way its a big school plenty of room

I see your point fold up the teepee send them all to green way its a big school plenty of room

Since the school is now part of a league I would probably end the football program. The few remaining kids that want to play football can just transfer. This would keep FH in 1A.

Since the school is now part of a league I would probably end the football program. The few remaining kids that want to play football can just transfer. This would keep FH in 1A.
Why not just close up and send them all to FH haystack was built to be a middle school anyway

Where was anything like that said? If being the best team in a dead town is an accomplishment, you really need to expand your horizons. Aim higher.
Why not, at least there are accomplishing something in high school, playing football. An
Mountain Ridge was ready to play and wanted it. Why wasn’t Allegany ready to play? Why didn’t it look like Allegany wanted it? That’s the question these aren’t the same kids I’ve seen play for years. Right now there is no desire
The Allegany Program right now is like a dysfunctional Work Atmosphere. “ The employees makes or breaks the higher ups
Get on FH's varsity and you will get a ring before you graduate... it's a gimme now in 1A (ugh, unless you run into Dunbar every year). Some championship games look like real battles because one usually sees nothing but blowouts.
And Allegany struggles year in and year out in “little 1A” 1A is what it it is we have to deal with it. The boys that play for the 1A Championship “FH” cant change it so why be so negative.At least we are keeping the 1A title in the west the past few years. And yeah you do make a good point about the thorn in the side Dunbar. But would rather keep the state hardware here in the west even if it it is a cupcake 1 A. This is not a negative post towards you Lag cause you do make eye opening posts.

Why not, at least there are accomplishing something in high school, playing football. An

The Allegany Program right now is like a dysfunctional Work Atmosphere. “ The employees makes or breaks the higher ups

And Allegany struggles year in and year out in “little 1A” 1A is what it it is we have to deal with it. The boys that play for the 1A Championship “FH” cant change it so why be so negative.At least we are keeping the 1A title in the west the past few years. And yeah you do make a good point about the thorn in the side Dunbar. But would rather keep the state hardware here in the west even if it it is a cupcake 1 A. This is not a negative post towards you Lag cause you do make eye opening posts.
Making a team that doesnt even have cuts is an accomplishment to you?

That's literally the definition of a participation trophy.

It doesn’t really matter. I agree that 1 A football isn’t the greatest but there are 3–5 teams that can beat ya. A title is a title. And that goes for those paper tiger titles of the 80’s too

A title is definitely a title - I can't argue with that, lol

I don't know where you're getting the 3-5 teams from? Since 2006, Dunbar has 7 1A titles and FH has 5 titles. These are the only two schools that can win the 1A title every single year. This year will be the same way.

lackey, douglass, dunbar, Fairmont heights- last year
dunbar, alco, lackey,- 2017
ok so 3-4

there are 3–5 teams that can beat ya

can beat ya

So, who can beat FH in 1A? Who can stop this year's 'gimme ring' - Allegany? [Chuckle... Snort... Wheeze] Douglas or Fairmont this year.... don't think so. Lackey this year? Nope.

So... let's keep an eye on Karma. Will it be Dunbar again?

Reactions: OneRing
Making a team that doesnt even have cuts is an accomplishment to you?

That's literally the definition of a participation trophy.
Whatever, always negative on all your posts, like i said , 1a is 1a, so if FH dominates and brings back the hard ware, plays a cup cake schedule like you say. These boys put in the time, buy into the program and play there ass’s off. Opposite on your side of the hill where Allegany couldn’t even win a Championship in youth league. Participation trophy, HaHa. Allegany should get that , because that’s all they do, participate not compete. Jack ass

As I have said too many times...some people just don't want to accept that Cumberland is not what it was 30-50 years ago.They just go into denial. And I'm not just talking about sports either.

Those were the days when FH was a 3A school, Allegany a 2A school and no one complained when a kid or two jumped schools. Then again, maybe they did complain but we didn't have this thing called MD Varsity.

Last edited:
Whatever, always negative on all your posts, like i said , 1a is 1a, so if FH dominates and brings back the hard ware, plays a cup cake schedule like you say. These boys put in the time, buy into the program and play there ass’s off. Opposite on your side of the hill where Allegany couldn’t even win a Championship in youth league. Participation trophy, HaHa. Allegany should get that , because that’s all they do, participate not compete. Jack ass
This is what society has reached... celebrating the lowest common denominator and heaping praise on the ordinary. Next you'll want rules saying everyone has to play at least one quarter because they all work hard and deserve it. Maybe the paper can release the all-FH first and second team for you every year (complete with 3 or 4 ties for each POY) so that you can finally be happy and every player gets recognized.
Dont you think its time to grow up? Stop being part of the problem.

This is what society has reached... celebrating the lowest common denominator and heaping praise on the ordinary. Next you'll want rules saying everyone has to play at least one quarter because they all work hard and deserve it. Maybe the paper can release the all-FH first and second team for you every year (complete with 3 or 4 ties for each POY) so that you can finally be happy and every player gets recognized.
Dont you think its time to grow up? Stop being part of the problem.
Do you really understand what your saying. Dude check your self, your name says it all:

One ring= Achieved is silver plated ring for delivering over 4000 cups of water to the Allegany players the last time they won a state title. Hence (1 Ring)

By the way, did you get your Prep shirt for Thursday night hoping for a prep win J.A.

Last edited:
Do you really understand what your saying. Dude check your self, your name says it all:

One ring= Achieved is silver plated ring for delivering over 4000 cups of water to the Allegany players the last time they won a state title. Hence (1 Ring)

By the way, did you get your Prep shirt for Thursday night hoping for a prep win J.A.
Can I expect to see you at the top of the steps handing out medals to the players at the end of each half? Didn't they earn it just by going up and down the stairs? I'm sure you have something for each player who makes boom boom before the game!

Do you have another helmet sticker to handout out to every player for successfully breaking the huddle? Don't forget one cookie for each squat thrust during warm-ups!

You know your life is shit when these are considered accomplishments.

You are in for a bad time whenever you decide to make it on your own. Oh, who am I kidding, everyone knows you stand no chance of ever doing that lol

nothings a gimme. You have to beat the other teams in your class. To keep winning championships in high school sports is amazing. Kids are replaced every single year. It’s a feat that we should be celebrating in Cumberland!!

nothings a gimme. You have to beat the other teams in your class. To keep winning championships in high school sports is amazing. Kids are replaced every single year. It’s a feat that we should be celebrating in Cumberland!!

We can celebrate the accomplishment without lying to ourselves. No matter how much we go back and forth on this board I think everyone is happy for the FH kids when they win a title. But it's simply a fact that only FH and Dunbar are going to compete for the 1A championship this year. Douglass and Lackey are 2A now. I thought Gwynn Park may have a chance but so far they don't look like a competitor. Dunbar got caught sleeping against Douglass last year but they aren't going to overlook anybody in the playoffs this year.

But it's simply a fact that only FH and Dunbar are going to compete for the 1A championship this year.

And its also pretty much fact that only Clemson and Alabama will be once again competing for the BCS championship.

And its also pretty much fact that only Clemson and Alabama will be once again competing for the BCS championship.

I see where you're going but it's not exactly an equivalent. Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Maryland all have a legit chance to beat Clemson or Alabama. There aren't any schools in 1A that can beat FH or Dunbar.

I see where you're going but it's not exactly an equivalent. Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Maryland all have a legit chance to beat Clemson or Alabama. There aren't any schools in 1A that can beat FH or Dunbar.

lol I see what you did there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT