ADVERTISEMENT

1A WEST POINT TOTALS (Week 2)

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
LINK: http://forthillfootball.net/schedules/2021/mpssaa_1A_west.htm

I will update these every Sunday night.

At this time the MPSSAA has not made any announcement concerning point totals and games cancelled due to COVID. The highest divisor is 9 and the lowest divisor is still 8 games. So if there are some teams who have 2 or 3 or more games cancelled they will get figured into the point total as a loss.

For example: If a team only gets to play 5 games, the points are added up and the divisor is 8. So if that team wins all 5 games their record in the point standings will be 5-3.

Unless the MPSSAA comes up with a forfeit scenario these are the rules for now. If I was putting these point total rules in place a team should only have their divisor be the number of games played. So if a team only plays 5 games their point total gets divided by 5. It's only fair this season because it's no one's fault COVID cancelled their games.

Reactions: CrickRat23
Also hearing that the MPSSAA is considering an emergency proposal to add 2 classifications and have all teams qualify for the playoffs this year due to COVID. There was an editorial about it in the Herald Mail this morning. My guess is you wont see the official point totals put out by the MPSSAA until they make a decision on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT