ADVERTISEMENT

1A west playoff scenarios?

NG Huskies Fan

Blue Chip Poster
Apr 14, 2002
On the Baltimore Sun forum, JMT has where each team can finish. Alco and FH can finish 1-2 in some order. But there is 5 teams that can finish either 3-4 (Boonsboro, Catoctin, Southern, Northern, Francis Scott Key). It doesn't appear that any of the 5 teams can get in simply by winning in week 10, since he doesn't list any of them as controlling their own destiny, does anyone have any idea on what has to happen for each team to get in?

I may be wrong but it seems to me if things turn out as ToddH predicts and this weeks rankings are : 1. Alco 2 Fort Hill 3. Boonsboro 4. Southern 5. Catoctin 6. FSK and 7. Northern , Northern would have to win and the others would have 3-6 would have to lose for them to make the playoffs. Their 9 game schedule and weaker opponents along with the loss to Mt ridge really hurt them. If Southern and Boonsboro win, because they are both playing regional games, id assume they keep their 3 and 4 spots. not sure from there though. Too many variables for me to calculate further.

I completely agree but how many 5-5 teams will be playing week 11 while catoctin is turning their stuff in. Really it just shows the importance of not scheduling too many weak teams.

Reactions: bigsavage
I've said it before, you can have too weak of a schedule and schedule yourself out of the playoffs.. So it goes both ways. A perfect example was I believe a 10-0 boonsboro team finishing behind a 1 or 2 loss FH team in points...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT