May 2, 2005
1. Fort Hill (9-0)
2. Catoctin (10-0)
3. Alco (7-2)
4. Southern (7-3)
5. Brunswick (7-3)
6. Mountain Ridge (6-4)
7. Boonsboro (6-4)

Mountain Ridge is very good. But, with University, Northern, Spring Mills Fort Hill and Keyser remaining, it is easy to see that 2 more losses are very likely. Northern is the only team on that list that’s not a threat. In fact, Fort Hill, most would believe, is a BIG favorite over Ridge. 1 more loss could surely come from University, Spring Mills or Keyser.

I agree with Ridge, I didn't realize that schedule. FH won't beat Alco tho. Only place FH is better is on the line. They have a huge advantage on the line, but Alco is too good in the skill positions

1. Fort Hill (9-0)
2. Catoctin (10-0)
3. Alco (7-2)
4. Southern (7-3)
5. Brunswick (7-3)
6. Mountain Ridge (6-4)
7. Boonsboro (6-4)

I agree with most of this. I definitely agree with the points that are being questioned. The Ridge will struggle not to get at least 2 more L's. I think the Alco/Fort Hill game is going to be very interesting. What is going to be on the line come Week 10? The Campers might just pull it off this year. Something tells me its Fort Hill until someone proves they can beat them. This could be that year though.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I agree with Ridge, I didn't realize that schedule. FH won't beat Alco tho. Only place FH is better is on the line. They have a huge advantage on the line, but Alco is too good in the skill positions

I like the attitude of anybody who picks Alco over FH.

However, here are the issues I see so far:

Down side... special teams for Allegany allow opponents to start out near mid-field most of the time - FH's kicker could score with only a few first downs; quarterback position for Allegany is erratic on passing and ball handling. They have little depth.

Upside: Allegany's backfield is solid with Wingate being the fastest running back they've had in many years; Alco's offensive line is quick and their overall defense against the pass is better than the last few years.

FH can win a close game with their kicker, that is if it comes down to that. Both teams know each other well and size usually prevails with teams built on the run. Could be another close heart-breaker for the Campers depending on whether Allegany comes up with a better special teams strategy.

Alco played the Ridge game without Preaskorn and that would have made a huge difference. If the Campers stay healthy they may be the toughest team FH faces before the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: camper21502
Allegany at Boonsboro on Friday is a game with huge playoff ramifications. Through this coming weekend, Boonsboro has played the toughest schedule out of all the 1A West teams. Has it made them better? I was kind of surprised by the score they put on Spring Mills. Alco has a few players getting healthy now and it seems their line play might be getting better with all those new faces. Should be a good one.

I think this weekend gives us a better indication of who is where with many area teams.

Allegany at Boonsboro on Friday is a game with huge playoff ramifications. Through this coming weekend, Boonsboro has played the toughest schedule out of all the 1A West teams. Has it made them better? I was kind of surprised by the score they put on Spring Mills. Alco has a few players getting healthy now and it seems their line play might be getting better with all those new faces. Should be a good one.

I think this weekend gives us a better indication of who is where with many area teams.

I've seen both teams play and Alco will destroy Boonsboro this year. Alco would also destroy Catoctin. Catoctin is not very good, but schedule is very kind this year.

I like the attitude of anybody who picks Alco over FH.

However, here are the issues I see so far:

Down side... special teams for Allegany allow opponents to start out near mid-field most of the time - FH's kicker could score with only a few first downs; quarterback position for Allegany is erratic on passing and ball handling. They have little depth.

Upside: Allegany's backfield is solid with Wingate being the fastest running back they've had in many years; Alco's offensive line is quick and their overall defense against the pass is better than the last few years.

FH can win a close game with their kicker, that is if it comes down to that. Both teams know each other well and size usually prevails with teams built on the run. Could be another close heart-breaker for the Campers depending on whether Allegany comes up with a better special teams strategy.

Alco played the Ridge game without Preaskorn and that would have made a huge difference. If the Campers stay healthy they may be the toughest team FH faces before the playoffs.
I agree with everything you said but our defense is worst than last yr. and that's saying something.. If Homecoming were this week, I would have FH by 3 scores.The Campers offense is pretty even with FH. The difference is the defenses and special teams where FH is dominant and Alco sucks... We need to improve greatly in these areas to have a shot at FH.

I agree with everything you said but our defense is worst than last yr. and that's saying something.. If Homecoming were this week, I would have FH by 3 scores.The Campers offense is pretty even with FH. The difference is the defenses and special teams where FH is dominant and Alco sucks... We need to improve greatly in these areas to have a shot at FH.

I was trying to separate the special teams from their regular defense. The Camper special teams were giving up run-back touchdowns or allowing their opponent's offense to set up near mid-field. When you consider Alco has not been 100% and has been forced to defend a shortened field, I haven't found their regular defense to be all that bad - especially against the pass.

I've seen both teams play and Alco will destroy Boonsboro this year. Alco would also destroy Catoctin. Catoctin is not very good, but schedule is very kind this year.
I think you are being "kind" in your kind words about Catoctin's schedule.

I think you are being "kind" in your kind words about Catoctin's schedule.

Probably being nice!

Williamsport is not very good this year and should have beaten Catoctin if not for a roughing the kicker call and another personal foul call extending drives.

FH beats Alco with coaching and special teams, same way they beat Morgantown and Hollidaysburg, play field position, make Alco drive 80 yards, kick several FGs, win 16-7. That is the winning formula for 2018. But if they play twice, all bets are off in a playoff game. Alco seems to play FH tougher in the rematches over the years.

After seeing what's going on so far tonight I guess Catoctins schedule isn't so "kind" after all....

Well the playoff picture is clear as mud. Boonsboro beats Alco like the Campers owed them child support. FH barely escapes 1/2 Mile High Stadium with a win and MR roughs up University.

FH’s offense sucks, but by the looks of things should score at least 24 on Alco’s defense.
Alco will not score that many on FH’s defense.
My prediction is Allegany and FH both make the playoffs and do not play week 1. Alco loses to Boonsboro again. FH wins their first round game, plays Boonsboro and squeaks by with a victory to win the West Region. They get beat in the semis.

Well the playoff picture is clear as mud. Boonsboro beats Alco like the Campers owed them child support. FH barely escapes 1/2 Mile High Stadium with a win and MR roughs up University.

FH’s offense sucks, but by the looks of things should score at least 24 on Alco’s defense.
Alco will not score that many on FH’s defense.
My prediction is Allegany and FH both make the playoffs and do not play week 1. Alco loses to Boonsboro again. FH wins their first round game, plays Boonsboro and squeaks by with a victory to win the West Region. They get beat in the semis.
Alco is out of the playoffs... It's gonna be FH,Catoctin,Boonsboro,MR or southern

Catoctin most likely will be undefeated. One, possibly two of these teams, Allegany, Southern or Boonsboro will not be in the 1A West playoffs.

Last edited:
Catoctin most likely will be undefeated. One, possibly two of these teams, Allegany, Southern or Boonsboro will no be in the 1A West playoffs.
It might come down to the Alco Southern game. I just cant see this Alco team beating 3 good football teams in the next 4 weeks.

Reactions: Redwhite90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT