ADVERTISEMENT

Youth football

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
I have been involved with the youth league football and I am certain a big difference between FH and Allegany start at the Middle School Level. The Patriots have a program which feeds into FH. The Warriors do not have a football program. They have a very unorganized, mess. Middle School is also where you see the numbers drastically drop on the Allegany/Warriors side. The Warriors are not positive for Allegany. The Patriots are very positive part of the FH program. There is a huge difference in the 2 programs at the Middle school level. I have felt this is the start that FH has over Allegany.

Last edited:
Reactions: camper21502
Warriors were very good when I was growing up 20-25 years ago, what happened? Still have a team, but not well managed?? Is that what you are saying? What's the difference??

I think it is the way it's managed. At the pee wee level the teams feeding to Allegany are good. Once they hit middle school there seems to be a big step back, also they lose a lot of kids. Patriots continue to develop the kids to move right into the FH program. Warriors the development isn't there. Just looking at the Patriots and Warriors they are on complete different levels overall. The six grade class at Braddock is the largest class they have had in a long time and they barely have enough kids to field a team.

Is this due to parents rejection of the warriors organization, or just parents pulling their kids out of football.

Perhaps the kids disliked the pee wee system so much they didn't want to continue playing...

Maybe parents on the other side of town think about life beyond Cumberland football... there's so much to consider. I personally think Alco them selves remain competitive

Maybe it says more about the complete demise of Allegany football. Very low numbers in their youth league combined with another year of no freshman football at Allegany, Sensing a pattern here.

Pattern may be recent reports of TBT experienced by most football players. As much as I love the game, I'm not sure it's worth it enough to push my own child into danger

This conversation is getting old , look beyond football don't blame the coach at any level the parents ect. Does it cross your mind that football isnt everything to some kids and they maybe ,just maybe focus on other things they want to do in life

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT