ADVERTISEMENT

WV playoffs

4inarowtopthat

All Region Poster
Dec 12, 2016
So we've all discussed how much better WV playoff system than Md. Here's something nobody has ever mentioned that I'm curious about. They play 3 finals at the same location the same day, Saturday. How is it that WV can play three games on a Saturday but MD can only squeeze in two. I'd hate to be 3a and have to play the final thursday night every year. the 4a isn't much better with it still being on a school day, traveling perhaps hours to get to Baltimore, or Annapolis, with the hellish traffic that is a Friday night in these areas.
I think the crowds would be significantly more for 3a and 4a if they were on Saturday.

I'm not sure what the real answer is but logistically I would think 3 games in a single day at one venue would be pretty difficult. Not as much for the players and coaches and fans , but more so for those poor souls that would have to work the concessions, stadium staff, MPSSAA officials, etc... would make for a LONG , COLD day for sure in December,

So we've all discussed how much better WV playoff system than Md. Here's something nobody has ever mentioned that I'm curious about. They play 3 finals at the same location the same day, Saturday. How is it that WV can play three games on a Saturday but MD can only squeeze in two. I'd hate to be 3a and have to play the final thursday night every year. the 4a isn't much better with it still being on a school day, traveling perhaps hours to get to Baltimore, or Annapolis, with the hellish traffic that is a Friday night in these areas.
I think the crowds would be significantly more for 3a and 4a if they were on Saturday.
They used to do three games on Saturday and one game on Friday night. Not sure why they changed it. Probably because if any of the games on Saturday went to overtime it would be a mess.

The travel reason is a big reason as to why the 3a and 4a games are on Thursday and Friday night's. Most team's that are in those classifications are within 2 hours of Annapolis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT