ADVERTISEMENT

Will MD teams start to drop WV teams due to bonus points

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
I want to start this thread out by stating that I haven't heard of any Maryland school that had done, nor is thinking of doing this, I am merely putting it out there as something that some schools may be thinking about.

Since West Virginia now has its final week of regular season games on the first week of MD playoffs, any WV team that a MD team plays and defeats will not receive bonus points for that win because the playoff points will be finalized, and the MD playoffs will begin the same week WV has its final week of games.

For most schools in the area it usually means only 1 to 2 points. Both Northern and Southern have three games against WV opponents this season.

As a Mountain Ridge fan, I am glad they finally got rid of most of the WV schools on their schedule, they were playing 70% of its schedule against teams from the Mountain state at one point.

A team playing a 10-game schedule shall receive 1.11 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who plays a 9-game schedule.

A team playing a 10-game schedule shall receive 1.11 points for each game won by a defeated opponent who plays a 9-game schedule.
That was the policy when we had a 10-game schedule.

Now that it is 9 games, the MPSSAA only awards bonus points for the first 9 games of an opponents schedule if the opponent plays more than 9 games, which every WV school in this area usually does. And the b

So MD schools wouldn’t get the bonus points for any WV school in the final week of their season.

But now that I think about it more it makes sense they do it that way. Seeing as MD schools are playing 9 games usually. It just stinks I guess. The first week of the playoffs is like a regular season game for most teams anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT