ADVERTISEMENT

Wide left.

I saw a video from directly behind the post it was good. The interception was because #7 was interfered and Allegany committed a stupid penalty on every big play they had

Committing stupid penalties on big plays sometimes is why the big play was able to happen.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I guess in a rivalry game that has lasted through the decades you will get a missed FG call. I only see one ref under the post and he started in the middle and didn't even seem to realize the play was going on until after the ball was air. I did not notice the ref positioning on that play during the game but he simply guessed on that call after watching the video.

The video shows the path of the ball directly above the upright. If the upright was a few feet higher, it would've hit the bar bouncing off or possibly through.

Last edited:
What video? A video from directly behind the endzone clearly shows the ball going thru.

What are you guys doing here? Talking about a kick that didn't matter in the final outcome of the game. Give this kid credit for a nice kick and let him carry that memory. In twenty years, when it doesn't matter, someone can tease him about it, but for now give him a pat on the back and let him hold his head high.

When I used to coach younger kids (Pee Wee in Allegany County, and Jr. League in Washington Co.,) one of my constant themes was that the Officials, like the weather, are conditions that you must play under, there's no sense in complaining about either.

It looks like it curved a little at the last second which would make it harder to judge for the refs. I could see this call going either way. Logsdon is a really good kicker. He makes that kick 9 outta 10 times. He's the best Kicker Alco has had since John Carpenter.

Reactions: zoriolus
A ball that goes directly over the upright is good, right?
My point about officials is that players coaches and parents all get complained about during football games. What makes referees any different?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT