ADVERTISEMENT

Why?

4R341

Blue Chip Poster
Nov 14, 2005
Why do both Cumberland schools feel the need to throw the bomb on every pass attempt???

I don't think it's injury risk. Long pass QB, has to hold the ball longer and he is at risk of taking big hits

Fort Hill threw 1/2 their passes to the backs out of the back field or the slot receivers about 10-15 yards down field. The receivers just had lots of running room.

Reactions: MCsoccerplex
Would've been nice to see FH utilize their tightends a little more than what they have this year. I understand they have a nice stable of running backs, however, the trio they have at the tightend position aint to shabby. Three seniors (#9 #31 #4), I'd say pretty stacked with talent. (just armchairing)

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
On FH's interception I think it was to go to Harden in the flat,but he tripped coming off the line. Throwing an old style Billy Kilmer, ruptured duck pass, into the wind can only end disastrous. And, it did.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
QB hit 4 different receivers for over 125 yards and a TD last night going 7 of 10 with that first pic being a distant memory by the end of the game. Receivers who haven't even touched the ball all year. All in the first half.

I was pretty impressed with Johnsons arm last night. And they were def not all bombs. Watch the tape.

I don’t care if he would have thrown 10 picks last night. It was good to see him get some game action throwing the ball and it seemed like there were a variety of routes called. This type of live game experience, even though it was against Sounthern, will help the QB and receivers feel more comfortable in the coming weeks.

Reactions: 5punisher3
Why?
Why would you start a bogus thread . It seemed like a really good mix with the routes the kid went for 150 yards 2 TDS throwing 1 rushing 82 yards. The pick I think he should have ran after his primary fell down. FH coaching did a great job giving teams something else to think about.

Please check the time of my original post. It was right after FH threw the bomb for an interception.

As far as armchair QB, how about we go back to calling each other names instead of talking football.

You guys here are too much.

Please check the time of my original post. It was right after FH threw the bomb for an interception.

As far as armchair QB, how about we go back to calling each other names instead of talking football.

Its not considered talking football unless you're slurping Fort Hill.

Regardless of the time you posted, your original statement reads, "Why do both Cumberland schools feel the need to throw the bomb on every pass attempt???"

Get it - "every pass attempt." As has been shown to you, that is/was not true.

If the worse thing any person can call someone on here is an "armchair QB" - so be it. There has been much, much worse.

I will stick to my original statement - Teams in this area are damned if they do throw and damned if they don't. There will always be somebody to criticize. Let the coaches coach and the players play.

End of story.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Regardless of the time you posted, your original statement reads, "Why do both Cumberland schools feel the need to throw the bomb on every pass attempt???"

Get it - "every pass attempt." As has been shown to you, that is/was not true.

If the worse thing any person can call someone on here is an "armchair QB" - so be it. There has been much, much worse.

I will stick to my original statement - Teams in this area are damned if they do throw and damned if they don't. There will always be somebody to criticize. Let the coaches coach and the players play.

End of story.

Mcsoccerplex, you're just simply being unreasonable. The purpose of this forum is to discuss football opinions. If you can't deal with that you should really avoid coming on here.

Most games, when FH gets behind, they start throwing bombs and then say - "See! Passing doesn't work!" Well, of course! If the the other team knows it's coming, it doesn't take a genius to comprehend that the percentage of success will drop - significantly.

Discussion is how civilized people solve problems! And, FH has problems being unwilling to pass, except in dire circumstances.

Mcsoccerplex, you're just simply being unreasonable. The purpose of this forum is to discuss football opinions. If you can't deal with that you should really avoid coming on here.

Most games, when FH gets behind, they start throwing bombs and then say - "See! Passing doesn't work!" Well, of course! If the the other team knows it's coming, it doesn't take a genius to comprehend that the percentage of success will drop - significantly.

Discussion is how civilized people solve problems! And, FH has problems being unwilling to pass, except in dire circumstances.

Is it "Discussion" or criticism you're offering, 4R341? Again, you used the term "every pass attempt." I did not. You did. Hence, as noted by several posters, you were corrected.

Again, end of story. :)

Is it "Discussion" or criticism you're offering, 4R341? Again, you used the term "every pass attempt." I did not. You did. Hence, as noted by several posters, you were corrected.

Again, end of story. :)

My apologies for exaggerating a point for emphasis.

Why do both Cumberland schools feel the need to throw the bomb on almost every pass attempt???

Does that meet your approval, sir/ma'am?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT