ADVERTISEMENT

Who is fh playing in 2019?

Fort Hill doesn't work on it's schedule until the team is finished for the year. I think that they may have three open dates, maybe four. Hollidaysburg and Morgantown are back, I believe that the two Baltimore dates and week one are open, maybe Southern as well.

Fort Hill doesn't work on it's schedule until the team is finished for the year. I think that they may have three open dates, maybe four. Hollidaysburg and Morgantown are back, I believe that the two Baltimore dates and week one are open, maybe Southern as well.
I would lay any bet that Southern is gone!!!! As they should be after the Bull S**t they pulled.

Oakdale has an opening, so does Liberty and I'm hearing that Keyser needs three games. These would be three great pick ups for next year! I agree that a Fort Hill/ Oakdale matchup would be one billed as a must see event.

We'll have to wait a few more weeks before we start pestering Todd about that game.

Reactions: Blueandgold45
FH should only need four games. Southern willl have to honor its away trip in the MPSSAA contract unless FH gives them a pass. The MPSSAA from what I have seen backs the intrastate contracts.

Oakdale has an opening, so does Liberty and I'm hearing that Keyser needs three games. These would be three great pick ups for next year! I agree that a Fort Hill/ Oakdale matchup would be one billed as a must see event.

We'll have to wait a few more weeks before we start pestering Todd about that game.

Didn't Todd write here that he is no longer doing schedules?

In 2010 I traveled with the FH freshman football team to play at Oakdale. This was the first year Oakdale opened. I usually never travel on the bus with one of the FH teams but wanted to meet their AD in person and try to convince them to play FH in varsity football. Oakdale ended up beating the FH freshman team pretty soundly that day but they said they were not interested in playing a varsity game. I could not make that happen those first 4 or so years even though I kept asking. I doubt FH wants to play a game with Oakdale now. Welcome to the MPSSAA playoff system.

If we are going to have yet another "why FH doesn't schedule this team" debate...yes, FH doesn't play a lot of teams that ask. And as said here before I have ten times as many teams FH asks that says no. If the MPSSAA passes this most recent playoff plan (fingers crossed) that will change. I see BW basketball with several kids listed at 6'8 and 6'10 from all over the planet and yet they are playing a full AMAC schedule where the games will be 121-34 on the scoreboard. Yet those same teams refuse to play FH in football despite being in the same region as well. Craziness what football has become.

I look at a team like Douglass (PG) and I have had this discussion before. Kudos to Lackey and Douglass again this year for playing some tough games the county forces them to play. But if they were in the 1A West region playing those schedules they would not have been in the playoffs. Some people just can't understand this. YES...everybody in the West is hand picking schedules since no one is forced to play each other.

Last edited:
...YES...everybody in the West is hand picking schedules since no one is forced to play each other.
This is truly sad, but unlike most on here, I completely understand. Being a cut above the rest of the teams taking advantage of this will, most years, guarantee you'll be sitting home come playoff time.

This is truly sad, but unlike most on here, I completely understand. Being a cut above the rest of the teams taking advantage of this will, most years, guarantee you'll be sitting home come playoff time.

The only difference in forcing local schools to play each other in football is that FH would travel less to beat everyone to death. With the high level of football talent going to FH, they are simply going to have to travel more to get games; whether they chose competitive games is up to them.

The only difference in forcing local schools to play each other in football is that FH would travel less to beat everyone to death. With the high level of football talent going to FH, they are simply going to have to travel more to get games; whether they chose competitive games is up to them.
Good point.

Oakdale isn't far, a public school and I don't think a huge school. They are an awesome team this year. I dont know what they have coming up, Im sure they are good as they seem to have built a program, but I think they are losing a few key players. The teams FH have the next couple years, keep getting better.

Reactions: OakdaleFootball
Fairmont sr needs ripped a new one.. and we (fh) are ranked 200 some odd spots behind them..(maxpreps nat.ranking) let's fix that..plz n thank you..

Oakdale isn't far, a public school and I don't think a huge school. They are an awesome team this year. I dont know what they have coming up, Im sure they are good as they seem to have built a program, but I think they are losing a few key players. The teams FH have the next couple years, keep getting better.

Let's be realistic. Oakdale will be a Top 10 Maryland team next year. Fort Hill hasn't scheduled a Top 25 Maryland team in over 10 years. Fort Hill has no interest in playing Oakdale. This game will never happen. They won't even return Oakdale's phone call, lol. The 2019 schedule will look very similar to this year's schedule.

Reactions: camper21502
That could be the one great game scheduled, it will fill the stadium and make money. It makes sense to play. This is the best year by far Oakdale has had, I could be wrong, but I don't see them continuing with this type of dominant team. Fort Hill will be much better the next couple years than they are now. It would be a great game with a great crowd. Fort Hill will probably be top 15 in MD rankings and Oakdale top 10 maybe top 5.

Reactions: camper21502
Dunbar has picked up Oakdale for week 1 to replace the Campers. This made sense seeing the two schools were only 45 min apart. Congrats to Dunbar for finally scheduling a MD Top 25 team.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Yeah and Calpreps has us (FH) -1 on Fairmont Sr. 31-30
My wife is from Fairmont.. she thought Fairmont did football...lmao... try us one time, Morgantown wont be so bad next year I'm sure n that 5a pa team looking better every week.. fh will fill the bmore teams with no doubt W's, so 2019 should be decent

That could be the one great game scheduled, it will fill the stadium and make money. It makes sense to play. This is the best year by far Oakdale has had, I could be wrong, but I don't see them continuing with this type of dominant team. Fort Hill will be much better the next couple years than they are now. It would be a great game with a great crowd. Fort Hill will probably be top 15 in MD rankings and Oakdale top 10 maybe top 5.

Everything you said is true, but if you've been following FH you should know there's no way they agree to play Oakdale in the next few years.

If fh could lose 4 games n still make the playoffs you might see oakdale.. but we're not in the south or north region so two l's is about as far as fh will go.. we all know fh is one of the top two teams in 1a... Hands down..but ya gotta schedule to get there.. I have no problem with Douglass(pg) making it, they played one of the hardest 1a schedules this year.. but until the state playoffs change to 1-16 fort hill wont be playing more than two high speed teams a year,besides the local teams.. which MR or southern with a winning record isn't very high speed...

Reactions: cumbfanatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT