ADVERTISEMENT

When is enough, enough?

Waggle Pass

Hall of Fame Poster
Apr 5, 2002
Cumberland, Md via Pittsburgh, Pa
I was reading an article on how Pitt will be without eight players for their upcoming bowl game due to either entering the transfer portal or to "prepare" for the NFL draft. So when are we going to see a story on some high school kid who will opt out of his state playoffs or championship game due to "preparing" for college ball?

I was reading an article on how Pitt will be without eight players for their upcoming bowl game due to either entering the transfer portal or to "prepare" for the NFL draft. So when are we going to see a story on some high school kid who will opt out of his state playoffs or championship game due to "preparing" for college ball?
It is out of control - for sure!

Unfortunately the transfer portal and NIL have completely ruined college sports. I don't like players saying they are "committing" to a certain school because lets be honest, a majority of them aren't committing to anything anymore. At the first sign of adversity, it's enter the transfer portal time (did someone say JT Daniels!). Committing to your school and your teammates also shouldn't include bailing on them in the final game of the year. But that is easy for me to say because I don't have millions of dollars hanging in front of me so a part of me understands it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

And until the NCAA figures out how to deal with the debacle that has become the NIL, the rich (ie Alabamas, Georgia's, etc) are just going to keep getting richer. Don't get me wrong, these athletes bring in a lot of money for their respective institutions so I don't have much of a problem with them getting compensated in some form, but there need to be limits and restrictions. Right now it's just a gigantic free for all which no repercussions for things like tampering and poaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravemwp
For those that didn't know...today is NSD (National Signing Day).

What has changed? To me my overriding thought process is now like this:

“Oh, you had a Top 5 recruiting class? Isn’t that cute. Good luck! Maybe some of those kids will all be around in two years when they can actually contribute.”

In other words, I tend to pay more attention to the transfer portal in regards to signing day instead of focusing on a 3 or 4 star high school player who is 50/50 on how long they will "COMMIT".

COMMIT - hahahaha

Unfortunately the transfer portal and NIL have completely ruined college sports. I don't like players saying they are "committing" to a certain school because lets be honest, a majority of them aren't committing to anything anymore. At the first sign of adversity, it's enter the transfer portal time (did someone say JT Daniels!). Committing to your school and your teammates also shouldn't include bailing on them in the final game of the year. But that is easy for me to say because I don't have millions of dollars hanging in front of me so a part of me understands it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

And until the NCAA figures out how to deal with the debacle that has become the NIL, the rich (ie Alabamas, Georgia's, etc) are just going to keep getting richer. Don't get me wrong, these athletes bring in a lot of money for their respective institutions so I don't have much of a problem with them getting compensated in some form, but there need to be limits and restrictions. Right now it's just a gigantic free for all which no repercussions for things like tampering
JT Daniels transfers to Rice. Will be his 4th power 5 school in 6 years. USC, Georgia, WVU, and now Rice, with a 7th year of eligibility pending. How in the hell did we get to this. Tyrrell Pigrome was the starting QB for Towson University this year. Yes the same Tyrrell Pigrome that started for Maryland as a freshman in 2016. I think he is older than Lamar Jackson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT