ADVERTISEMENT

What will they do with Greenway Ave field?

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
Noticed last night the turf at Greenway is wearing thin in a few spots. 10 yard line is real bad. That turf sure takes a beating with 2 schools using it for all fall sports. If they don't have money to build new school how in the world can they afford to put down new turf? I heard they will plant grass again. Not a good situation this county is in. Does anyone know what year they laid this turf?

Last edited:
Does the fort hill band still practice on it every day?
It should have only been used for football and soccer. Nothing else. Not the Stags, youth leagues or band practice and I wouldn't allow the kids to run around on it like they do. Of course, I would have kept it grass in the first place.

On a related, did anyone else at the Allegany game notice when the players were ordered off the field because of lightning that kids were on the field within minutes? How is it not safe enough for the players, but plenty safe for younger children?

I can tell you they don't take care of it and they didn't take care of the old turf either. Altoona and Hollidaysburg both have visible tire pieces that fly up all the time during the games and they have workers put in new all the time with machines and I have never seen that at Greenway

The bands deserve to practice on that field just like the football teams. I can't see the Stags and the youth football teams using it. They both could use BW. Fort hills band uses the school parking lot to practice on. If the turf its that bad maybe it should be used for game use only. Not Fort Hill football practice and pre-game prep.

FH rarely sees full practices on the field. It is so busy with Soccer, other football games, etc., it just doesn't see as much use as you'd think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT