ADVERTISEMENT

What hust happened?

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Wow that was a complete enilation from the opening kickoff. Not sure what changed in 2 weeks but credit the FH coaching staff and the FH line of scrimmage on both sides.

I thought FH would win but did not see that coming. Maybe this team is starting to peak at the right time. I think they finally found a fullback for one. #20 at halfback looks really comfortable. The backs were getting blocks. #5 doing his thing, now at wildcat.

That's the best 4 quarters I've seen out of this team other than the game at Oakdale.

Good luck with the playoff run.

Good luck to FH, FH definitely came out with a lot of energy and fire and played good. I wouldn’t say you can use this game as a measuring stick. Three of Allegany lineman which are the strength of the team were out tonight, did not dress. Allegany tried something different on offense which was down right bad putting the back deep and having him look for a hole, not trying to get Fields or Patterson involved at all. I think FH had their first 14 points with about 14 yards of total offense. It was a terrible showing by Allegany, FH had a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
Wow that was a complete enilation from the opening kickoff. Not sure what changed in 2 weeks but credit the FH coaching staff and the FH line of scrimmage on both sides.

I thought FH would win but did not see that coming. Maybe this team is starting to peak at the right time. I think they finally found a fullback for one. #20 at halfback looks really comfortable. The backs were getting blocks. #5 doing his thing, now at wildcat.

That's the best 4 quarters I've seen out of this team other than the game at Oakdale.

Good luck with the playoff run.
That kickoff return was incredible, #5 should have been stopped, trapped on the sideline, this kid is special, he saw a lane that wasn't even there yet, and was gone. Un-teachable, un-coachable natural instincts. Then the defense set the tone. 11 guys within 5 yards of scrimmage. Alco had no answer. Very impressive victory. I too did not see that coming.

There's a lot I could say, but why didn't Alco try and throw the ball more? There were several times Alco had a receiver completely uncovered.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Just speed-watched the Joppatowne/Perryville game. Both teams have some size, speed and talent. This was an early season game, but Perryville looks to have some quick players. Going to be a good game next week.

Allegany had 1 first down and 8 yards of offense before FH put their subs in the 4th quarter.

In two games against FH this year Alco has tossed more interceptions than completions. Someone mentioned to me that if we looked at the stats from the past 4 years that statistic still holds water. Not sure, would have to look that one up.

Lots of fans, including myself at times, have mostly been talking about how to improve some inefficiencies on the FH offense. But what gets over looked is the consistent play of their defense. Last night vs. Alco was a complete shut down. Maybe Alco could have done more to get the ball into the hands of Fields. Or maybe done this or that with some passes. I don't think it was a matter of not attempting these things. I feel it was a matter of not being able to.

Last edited:
Allegany had 1 first down and 8 yards of offense before FH put their subs in the 4th quarter.

In two games against FH this year Alco has tossed more interceptions than completions. Someone mentioned to me that if we looked at the stats from the past 4 years that statistic still holds water. Not sure, would have to look that one up.

Lots of fans, including myself at times, have mostly been talking about how to improve some inefficiencies on the FH offense. But what gets over looked is the consistent play of their defense. Last night vs. Alco was a complete shut down. Maybe Alco could have done more to get the ball into the hands of Fields. Or maybe done this or that with some passes. I don't think it was a matter of not attempting these things. I feel it was a matter of not being able to.
Absolute defensive beat down.

Reactions: Dwj21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT