ADVERTISEMENT

WEEK FOUR - PLAYOFF PICK'EM CONTEST

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
Here are the games for this week's pick'em contest... Picks will be due by 7pm on 11/29/2019.

Also, let me be the first to say, I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!!!

CLASS 4A

(4) Northwest @ (1) Quince Orchard
(6) Old Mill @ (2) Wise

CLASS 3A
(4) Damascus @ (1) Huntingtown
(3) Mervo @ (2) Linganore

CLASS 2A
(8) New Town @ (5) Potomac
(6) Middletown @ (2) Elkton

CLASS 1A
(5) Cambridge SD @ (1) Dunbar
(3) Fort Hill @ (2) Catoctin

Quince Orchard
Wise
Damascus
Liganore
New Town
Middletown
Dunbar
Fort Hill

Last edited:
CLASS 4A
(1) Quince Orchard
(2) Wise

CLASS 3A
(4) Damascus
(2) Linganore

CLASS 2A
(8) New Town
(6) Middletown

CLASS 1A
(1) Dunbar
(3) Fort Hill

Last edited:
Quince Orchard
Wise
Damascus
Linganore

Potomac
Middletown
Dunbar
Catoctin

Quince Orchard
Wise
Damascus
Linganore
Potomac
Middletown
Dunbar
Fort Hill

Fort Hill has too many weapons including a great coach, even out in a field Catoctin can’t beat FH

Here are the games for this week's pick'em contest... Picks will be due by 7pm on 11/29/2019.

Also, let me be the first to say, I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!!!

CLASS 4A

(6) Old Mill @ (2) Wise

CLASS 3A

CLASS 2A

CLASS 1A

Quince Orchard
Wise
Damascus
Linganore
New Town
Middletown
Dunbar
Fort Hill

Quince Orchard
Wise
Damascus
Liganore
New Town
Middletown
Dunbar
Fort Hill

Am I severely confused? Honest question...why aren’t the lowest remaining seeds playing the top remaining seeds? Is this something else in the new playoff format? They reseeded the final 8 but I’m still not understanding what’s going on

Am I severely confused? Honest question...why aren’t the lowest remaining seeds playing the top remaining seeds? Is this something else in the new playoff format? They reseeded the final 8 but I’m still not understanding what’s going on
they re seed at the quarterfinals but not at the semi's

Basically the 2A and 4A playoff seeding appears wrong to me while 1A and 3A looks correct based on seeding. But MPSSAA has the same games shown SO I’m still lost. F@ck it

CLASS 4A
(1) Quince Orchard

(2) Wise

CLASS 3A
(4) Damascus
(2) Linganore

CLASS 2A
(5) Potomac
(6) Middletown

CLASS 1A
(1) Dunbar
(3) Fort Hill

They only reseed following the two regional rounds. In the quarterfinals, it will always be 8 v. 1, 7 v. 2, 6 v. 3 and 5 v. 4 as the matchups. In the semifinals, it will always be 8 v. 1 winner against the 5 v. 4 winner and the 7 v. 2 winner will always play the 6 v. 3 winner. That is why you see a 6-seed playing a 2-seed and a 8-seed playing a 5-seed.

They only reseed following the two regional rounds. In the quarterfinals, it will always be 8 v. 1, 7 v. 2, 6 v. 3 and 5 v. 4 as the matchups. In the semifinals, it will always be 8 v. 1 winner against the 5 v. 4 winner and the 7 v. 2 winner will always play the 6 v. 3 winner. That is why you see a 6-seed playing a 2-seed and a 8-seed playing a 5-seed.

Gotcha. This is because of the new playoff format correct? I thought it was always highest seed playing the lowest seed in the old format when it got to the final 4

CLASS 4A
Quince Orchard
Wise

CLASS 3A
Damascus
Linganore

CLASS 2A
Potomac
Middletown

CLASS 1A
Dunbar
Fort Hill

CLASS 4A

(6) Old Mill @ (2) Wise

CLASS 3A

CLASS 2A

CLASS 1A
Quince orchard
Wise
Damascus
Linganor
New town
Elkton
Dunbar
Fort hill

Gotcha. This is because of the new playoff format correct? I thought it was always highest seed playing the lowest seed in the old format when it got to the final 4

Correct. In the old format, reseeding occured in the semifinals.

Screwed myself here, had Middletown winning and switched it, and didn’t go with what I knew in the FH game. Stupid is as stupid does

Screwed myself here, had Middletown winning and switched it, and didn’t go with what I knew in the FH game. Stupid is as stupid does

I was really hoping I was wrong when I picked Catoctin to win. I honestly thought if they won, it would be a dogfight where the last team to score won. Well...the last team to score did win...but still. Damn.

I was really hoping I was wrong when I picked Catoctin to win. I honestly thought if they won, it would be a dogfight where the last team to score won. Well...the last team to score did win...but still. Damn.

I simply went with the pick thinking until someone is the West beats them, I’ll continue to pick them. Even tho it was the state semis it’s still a 1A West school in Catoctin. Should’ve stayed with my original thought but oh well.

I wish I could go down and watch the NW/Wise title game. Big win by NW avenging the loss to QO earlier this year. I know most ppl in the area don’t want to make the trek to Annapolis if FH isn’t playing, but I’d recommend ppl getting down there and watching that game Friday night if they’re up to it. Something new and seeing some big time public school football in MD

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT