ADVERTISEMENT

Wasted Time

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
The MPSSAA verdict has been reached as Fort Hill was just informed today. The vote was unanimous 6-0 in favor of Fort Hill citing there is no video evidence of devices in helmets.

This whole thing was so absurd that is was nothing more than a waste of everyone's time. Embarrassing!!!! To think that a team in South Cumberland called Fort Hill could possibly get away with something of this nature just boggles my mind. It would be impossible to conceal forever. What part of that people could not understand leaves me speechless, even for Western Maryland. That an entire team of teenagers and an entire coaching staff of some 20+ years could lie about doing this and get away with it. Wow. They would be talking about listening devices in the K-Bar for 45 years. Well, they still will now. I have no remorse for the fall back on this one.

The sad part is there were and still are people who despise FH out there pushing the envelope. Some of those people are in very high positions not just at Southern. It will all be revealed in time because of the stupidity of it all.

WASTED TIME FOR EVERYONE

Is this an official verdict? Even if it is, You'll still have your detractors and bullshitters who won't accept this verdict.

I will say one thing about this. Todd Appel does not cheat. He has integrity. He has flaws like me and everyone else but he don’t cheat! He prepares, his staff prepares better then anyone.

Now that this is over. Who were the southern coaches in the video? Who were the players in question for having the radio prices in their helmet? So many “he, everyone, they” in these last 4 or 5 threads. Can we get some answers?

This whole thing was nothing more than a pissing match between adults along with kids doing stupid things. Imagine that, high school football in WMD.

I guess I'm a different breed of idiot. Have been building websites since the mid-90s when the internet was a dial up 56K modem. Have been openly posting on forums under my own name since they were AOL platform driven. I will speak my mind under my given birth name even on things that businesses, schools, administrators, coaches and politicians want kept behind closed doors and this can really bother people in such places. They dread social media. To me, especially when tax payer money is involved, I believe in a very candid open door society. No hiding. I have always been candid here with everyone for the most part.

Where this is headed...I'm sure to have ticked off some Southern folks who I really like and respect. I'm sure to have ticked off Cumberland people who hate seeing my name pop up here every time I post. But what's funny is that all those people come here to read. If only to dread what's being said. I would rather be disliked and honest than liked and hiding the truth. So to those of you that know me who may feel a little set back, I spoke my piece. Did not care for some things in this whole debacle and spoke up on it.

Reactions: 52 to victory
So in the end, this only proves how well prepared Todd has the kids. If the kids are reacting as quick as the coaches see it and to have an opposing team question it, that is impressive. Doesn't mean they won't fall to better talent, just that they are prepared. Nazelrod and Foley come out of this looking like idiots!

Excellent points TDHelmick, well said. FH's success has made them targets as that is the way our society works in this day and age. As coaches, fans and players you must realize that often when a team beats you sometimes they are just better. Better prepared, better coached and maybe they have better talent.

You can take that and blame or make excuses why they are better or you can study how and why they are successful and implement those things into your program to make your athletes better. One of the best pieces of advice I ever heard is if you want to be great at something find someone who is already great and aks them a lot of questions.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Sadly it appears that this whole string of false allegations runs deeper than just Southern being bad sports. Im seeing reports that Allegany HC Bryan Hansel has taken it upon himself to call around to other area coaches and former FH coaches trying to build a consensus to 'take down' FH over what has already been shown to be a BS accusation. What is this angle?

Seems to me that Hansel may want to focus on fixing the significant issues within his own fledgling program instead of leading a charge to further bogus claims against another program.

Last edited:
Hansel has to do something, when they consolidate in a few years he will be out of a job!!!

So in the end, this only proves how well prepared Todd has the kids. If the kids are reacting as quick as the coaches see it and to have an opposing team question it, that is impressive. Doesn't mean they won't fall to better talent, just that they are prepared. Nazelrod and Foley come out of this looking like idiots!

I think it speak volumes to how far the FH coaching staff is above these other staffs.They are light years ahead of them in what they do that others think they are cheating because the hay seeds in Oakland and on Haystack are clueless. These allegations were beyond ridiculous. Coach Appel has shown for years he is head and shoulders above anyone in this area on the field and now he gives them a bigger L to wear off of the field.

Sadly it appears that this whole string of false allegations runs deeper than just Southern being bad sports. Im seeing reports that Allegany HC Bryan Hansel has taken it upon himself to call around to other area coaches and former FH coaches trying to build a consensus to 'take down' FH over what has already been shown to be a BS accusation. What is this angle?

Seems to me that Hansel may want to focus on fixing the significant issues within his own fledgling program instead of leading a charge to further bogus claims against another program.
Care to share the reports your seeing of Hansels involvement? Who are the former FH coaches?Also you keep saying wcbc is having EXPERTS evaluate the tape. They had a few coaches look at it and they have been taking up for FH. WCBC Paul Miller said this was a hoax and any coach worth a damn could watch the tape and see the allegations were false.

The MPSSAA verdict has been reached as Fort Hill was just informed today. The vote was unanimous 6-0 in favor of Fort Hill citing there is no video evidence of devices in helmets.

This whole thing was so absurd that is was nothing more than a waste of everyone's time. Embarrassing!!!! To think that a team in South Cumberland called Fort Hill could possibly get away with something of this nature just boggles my mind. It would be impossible to conceal forever. What part of that people could not understand leaves me speechless, even for Western Maryland. That an entire team of teenagers and an entire coaching staff of some 20+ years could lie about doing this and get away with it. Wow. They would be talking about listening devices in the K-Bar for 45 years. Well, they still will now. I have no remorse for the fall back on this one.

The sad part is there were and still are people who despise FH out there pushing the envelope. Some of those people are in very high positions not just at Southern. It will all be revealed in time because of the stupidity of it all.

WASTED TIME FOR EVERYONE

I have talked to a few FH fans and they said Southern accuses them of cheating almost everytime they play. Your right there would be no way to keep this a secret. All kids of today do is gossip so it definitely would've been leaked. This was nothing more than to get out of playing FH next yr. I hope the Sentinels get a chance to pound them in the playoffs..

Care to share the reports your seeing of Hansels involvement? Who are the former FH coaches?Also you keep saying wcbc is having EXPERTS evaluate the tape. They had a few coaches look at it and they have been taking up for FH. WCBC Paul Miller said this was a hoax and any coach worth a damn could watch the tape and see the allegations were false.

WCBC said they were having experienced staff and coaches and people outside the station review the tape. They said it..not me.

Also how do I add a pic to this board, I have a screenshot of one of Hansel messages to a former FH assistant coach. I'd be happy to share it.

WCBC said they were having experienced staff and coaches and people outside the station review the tape. They said it..not me.

Also how do I add a pic to this board, I have a screenshot of one of Hansel messages to a former FH assistant coach. I'd be happy to share it.
What does the message say

It says "you know what I'm messaging you about. Southern knows, others know. It's not right." Then gives his cell number for the person to call him.

Reactions: towpath94
It says "you know what I'm messaging you about. Southern knows, others know. It's not right." Then gives his cell number for the person to call him.

Yes this is correct. Hopefully someone has the messages to share. Load the image to imgur.com new post then copy paste the link here. Definitely a Tim Foley Alco conection, the old coach now at Southern calling defenses and being pissed about losing to FH every time. Foley is a good D Coach but he is one and done at Southern because he thought this was their year so he came out of retirement to jump on a win wagon. He will disappear as soon as this season ends to never be heard from again in Oakland as the Rams can't compete anymore.

Hanselllllllllllll with more L's coming his way

He is a disgrace. Maybe he sat down at the bar with his principal and had too much to drink before sending that text.

I am still laughing at the thought of teenagers in this day and age being able to keep such a huge secret. Like no player has ever held a grudge or been upset to the point that they wouldn't tell the world.

Last edited:
Excellent points TDHelmick, well said. FH's success has made them targets as that is the way our society works in this day and age. As coaches, fans and players you must realize that often when a team beats you sometimes they are just better. Better prepared, better coached and maybe they have better talent.

You can take that and blame or make excuses why they are better or you can study how and why they are successful and implement those things into your program to make your athletes better. One of the best pieces of advice I ever heard is if you want to be great at something find someone who is already great and aks them a lot of questions.
Very good post! It appears the guilty until proven innocent trend has made it's way to hs football in Cumberland...very sad state of affairs when people hate somebody else to that extent. Like I said earlier, the facts will be what they are, why have an opinion until there is an official response?

Reactions: 4R341 and towpath94
bHYi5Oe.jpg

Fort Hill Should Not Play them in any sport and to that The Allegany County Board of Education should stand behind them as well and not allow any of the County Schools to play them.
People in these positions should put a stop to crap like this, first in high school and then let it trickle down to Middle School and Pee Wee league's. The Pee Wee football league would be just fine without them as well.
They went out of their way with no proof to this situation and then shared it with others like they had the smoking gun. Until someone stands up for Our Local kids and puts a stop to this nonsense it will just continue and down the road they will do anything they can to get one over on Our Local kids even if it's at a lower level.
Also after reading and hearing, It would be shocking that The Coach at Allegany would not be held accountable for his actions by his employer.(The Board of Education) The Taxpayers. I'm sure he will get payback in a few weeks on the scoreboard

this really is pathetic. southern knows others know...what is it that they know? that you can't beat fh...that's a fact. stooping to this kind of level is so high school, or maybe elementary school - but one would hope they were kids you could teach, not the one doing the teaching.

Fort Hill Should Not Play them in any sport and to that The Allegany County Board of Education should stand behind them as well and not allow any of the County Schools to play them.
People in these positions should put a stop to crap like this, first in high school and then let it trickle down to Middle School and Pee Wee league's. The Pee Wee football league would be just fine without them as well.
They went out of their way with no proof to this situation and then shared it with others like they had the smoking gun. Until someone stands up for Our Local kids and puts a stop to this nonsense it will just continue and down the road they will do anything they can to get one over on Our Local kids even if it's at a lower level.
Also after reading and hearing, It would be shocking that The Coach at Allegany would not be held accountable for his actions by his employer.(The Board of Education) The Taxpayers. I'm sure he will get payback in a few weeks on the scoreboard
What did he do that was illegal? Or are we just using unnamed sources to skirt any due process?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT