ADVERTISEMENT

VARSITY INSIDER - August 3rd Edition

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
Maryland Varsity is bringing readers an in-depth recruiting look with the Varsity Insider. Find out what colleges are after Chris Powell, Brayden Poling, Jarrett Heckert, Joseph Maddox, and DJ Golatt now!

......................................................................................................

Archbishop Spalding quarterback Chris Powell
Camps
"I've been to a lot of places. I've been to the University of Maryland, Virginia, Stony Brook, Cornell, Penn State, Penn, Lafayette, and Duquesne. I've been getting around."

Camp performances
"I feel I've been doing pretty good and continually have been getting better. I've progressed over the summer and was able to get 4.53 in the 40 and 4.2 in the pro agility. My throwing has been getting better throughout the summer."

Camp position
"Mostly it has been quarterback during the summer but Lafayette and a couple of other schools like me as an athlete so they moved me to corner. At Spalding, I'll play on both sides of the ball this year at quarterback and corner."

Recruiting
"I would say Duquesne, Sacred Heart University, Lafayette,, Lehigh, and ODU. It really varies because some schools want me to play quarterback and others corner."

A favorite
"Probably either Duquesne or Sacred Heart."

......................................................................................................

Fort Hill linebacker Brayden Poling
Camps
"I went to WVU back in June and think I did really good. Their linebacker coach showed me a lot of interest and got all of my contact info. He wants me to come down for a game this year."

Recruiting
"Right now the only school is really WVU."

Annapolis Area Christian wide receiver Jarrett Heckert
Camps
"I went to Old Dominion, Liberty, Penn State, and the USA camp in Philly."

Camp performances
"I did really well at the Penn State camp. I ran a 4.8 in the 40 and caught the eyes of the coaches. I ran a 4.4 shuttle and they said that they'd be interested in following me this season. I did really well at Liberty too. They followed up with me and have stayed in contact. At the USA camp a coach from Stanford talked to me and said he wanted my film."

Recruiting
"The most interest has been from Liberty. They are recruiting me the hardest. There has also been a number of other schools like Monmouth."

A favorite
"My dream school is Penn State and I am really interested in Stanford. I'll be following up with that."

Avalon wide receiver Joseph Maddox
Camps
"I went to Ohio State, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Monmouth. I feel like I performed pretty good at Rutgers and Ohio State. I did good overall. They were coaching me a lot and showing interest. I felt comfortable and I was having a good experience because they were talking to me."

Feedback
"They told me that they'd stay in touch with me. They want me to come back for a visit sometime this year."

Recruiting the hardest
"I would say Monmouth and Purdue."

Annapolis Area Christian quarterback DJ Golatt
Camps
"I went to Maryland camp, Penn State camp, Ohio State, West Virginia, ODU, Towson camp, Liberty, Florida, and the USA camp."

Camp performances
"I think I did pretty good. Most of the camps I went to the coaches were happy with how I performed. West Virginia seemed very impressed with what I did there and the Florida coaches were impressed. Coach Locksley from Maryland said that he might show up for a game this year."

Recruiting
"I have had a lot of interest from different schools like Notre Dame. I have a lot of interest from West Virginia and they seem the most interested now. Liberty and Maryland are recruiting me hard along with Penn State."

Offer talk
"West Virginia has said that once they see my film this year they will see. At the USA camp, I got interest from the UCLA coaches and they got all of my information."

A favorite
"At this point, I don’t have a favorite. I am keeping my eyes open to see who gives me a chance so I can do great things at the next level."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News