ADVERTISEMENT

VARSITY INSIDER - 11/28

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
Maryland Varsity is bringing readers an in-depth recruiting look with the Varsity Insider. Find out what colleges are after Donovan Grant, Shaquin Meredith, Michael Joseph, Jabari Laws, and Luke Hamilton now!

......................................................................................................

Riverdale Baptist defensive back Donovan Grant
What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Virginia Tech, Maryland, and Delaware.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“No but I will coming up.”

What schools are you trying to get to?
“I am trying to visit Maryland this off-season and Virginia Tech.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“It is pretty even right now.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Yes, my dream school is the University of Florida. I have always liked their defensive backs an wanted to go there.”

......................................................................................................

Quince Orchard lineman Michael Joseph
“I’ve been talking to West Virginia State a little more often. They really are in touch a lot. If we didn’t have these playoff games I would have taken a visit there. I still am in touch with Memphis. I’ve been in touch with Wagner College.”

“For me, it was the school who was my first offer, Morgan State. They have really been contacting me. Their coach always calls to check up and see how I am feeling. He has really been on my case about going there.”

When do you want to make a final decision?
“It will come after the season when I get a chance to look into all of the details. It is between the silver lining for what is a good school. I want to find the school that is the best fit for me.”

Overlea lineman Shaquin Meredith
Do you have a favorite sport
“Yeah, football.”

“It has been Maryland, Bowie State, and Morgan. I think that is about it.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I visited Morgan State and went to Maryland when they played Rutgers.”

How were the trips overall?
“They were awesome.”

Do you have any visits coming up?
“No.”

“Maryland.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Maryland. I have always liked the Terps.”

Wise quarterback Jabari Laws
Why did you commit to Army?
“It was the perfect fit for me. They recruited me as a quarterback and I fit perfectly into their offense. Later, I know that West Point would be a great decision for me that would open a bunch of networks later in life. I know I am going to a school with a bunch of successful minded people. That will help me be successful later on in life.”

Have any other schools still been recruiting you?
“I haven't heard much from other schools because I have just been focused on Wise football. After committing, it took a lot of pressure off of my shoulders about college.”

Have you scheduled your official visit?
“I haven't scheduled my visit yet.”

Fort Hill Luke Hamilton
“I have gotten a good amount of game invite offers this season. I visited Shippensburg. That was a college I made it to.”

How was your time at Shippensburg?
“I loved it up there, honestly. I really did like it. I love the coaching staff and the atmosphere up there. It was a very good school.”

What other schools have sent game invites?
“The University of Penn, Shenandoah, Millersville, and somebody else that I can’t think of now.”

What college is recruiting the hardest?
“There is no one in particular.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News