ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Johnson

four stopwatches each got something different 4.26, 4.29, 4.32, 4.34. He is the fastest back in the draft, He said training in Florida with the Laser he has been around 4.3

The consensus I saw posted on Twitter was 4.3 which is crazy fast, and Ty has the strength too. I feel like if he would have got an invite to the combine and showed out like he did today he would be jumping up the draft boards into the earlier rounds maybe even late 2nd to 3rd

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Ty is mentioned as a player to watch for the Tampa Bay Bucs. Would be nice to see them draft him
-
https://www.pewterreport.com/east-west-shrine-bucs-targets-offense/

Florida taxes!! Ty has worked this hard and now is the time to go to the bank. Playing for a team in some states is like being robbed everyday, especially under the new fed tax laws that disallow the ability to deduct massive state taxes.

I say, go play in Florida and start looking out for yourself Ty. Life is short and a pro football career can be very short. Rings are nice, championship money is even nicer... but that fatter basic payday is the best.

I understand that pro players get hit for taxes in other states for 'days worked' or some such. But having a domicile in Florida is a huge advantage. Go for it Ty!

I think he could go as high as the 6th round but truthfully I see him going in the 7th.. If not he will get signed as an undrafted free agent somewhere. He's gonna get a shot and I wish him well.

He'll definitely get a shot, his special teams ability really helps him too. I still believe if he would have been invited to the combine he'd be a 3rd or 4th rd pick, but hopefully he gets his name called on one of the draft days, he certainly deserves it.

I think Ty will go in the 4th or 5th round and will (at least) get a couple of years to show what he can do on Sundays. But I'm basing this on his on-field performance at UMD. I don't put that much emphasis on the 40 time. Didn't he run a 4.3 as a high school senior? Why is it surprising he's still running a 4.3?

Reactions: RedPride97
I think he could go as high as the 6th round but truthfully I see him going in the 7th.. If not he will get signed as an undrafted free agent somewhere. He's gonna get a shot and I wish him well.
If you are going to slip that late, it's better to be an undrafted free agent. The money is basically the same, but now you have more of a say on where you sign.

Best of luck to Ty this weekend during the draft, my gut feeling is he doesn't get drafted (hope I'm wrong) but that's not necessarily a terrible thing as then he could have more options to pick the best fit if he gets interest from multiple teams as said above. He'll make Cumberland proud no matter where he lands.

Best of luck to Ty this weekend during the draft, my gut feeling is he doesn't get drafted (hope I'm wrong) but that's not necessarily a terrible thing as then he could have more options to pick the best fit if he gets interest from multiple teams as said above. He'll make Cumberland proud no matter where he lands.

Yeah I thought he was going in the 5th but the latest talk is he won't get drafted. Of course all it takes is one team to take a chance on him so you never know.

If he doesn't go late tonight, he's almost a lock to go tomorrow. I'd be really surprised if he had to sign as a free agent.... but then crazier things have happened, like that time Al Davis drafted All-ACC (honorable mention) WR Derrius Heyward-Bey lol

That was about where I predicted him to go.. He will have a pretty good opportunity there in Detroit.

Congrats to him and best of luck in Detroit. Looks like the Lions picked up a few new fans in Maryland today.

Congratulations to Ty and his Family. Great to see a local kid drafted in the NFL. Will be rooting him on in Detroit and wherever his NFL career takes him.

Wishing Ty success with the Detroit Lions! Great young man, just sorry my Tampa Bay Bucs did not draft him.

His first rookie card is skyrocketing in price on ebay, get one while you can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT