ADVERTISEMENT

This weeks Fort Hill game could be the difference....

Between them going to Cambridge in the semi finals or someplace closer to home. They will only get win points from Smithsburg and (barring an Allegany upset) finish 6-3. Though in the big picture it probably wont make much difference.
This would be a huge win, and the points would be great. Anybody have a real gauge as to whether or not this game really is a possible win or is just another BW where we realistically just don't have a chance.

This would be a huge win, and the points would be great. Anybody have a real gauge as to whether or not this game really is a possible win or is just another BW where we realistically just don't have a chance.
The BW coach said it made a big difference that they played FH last year. They had a better idea as to how to prepare for this game. East won't have that luxury.

More laughter, keeping it real...

Last week one of the FH coaches was told after the Mountain Ridge game that there was a good chance FH might have to go on the road for a playoff game or two. His reply was, "Good, maybe we can get away from these local officials." I thought it was funny. Especially after all of the first half flags in Frostburg last week. And you know it's bad when FH fans are booing the refs even when the flags were on Mountain Ridge. The Miners were hit hard. Just too many flags.

This year the local officials association is using 6 refs instead of the usual 5. That was their request and the reasoning was that some of their officials are getting older and can't run enough to keep up with spread offenses. When I was asked what my opinion was on the matter my quick concern was more refs meant more flags. Too much oversight.

Not sure who the side judge was on the Ridge sideline during he FH game, but on Younger's breakaway TD run he was damn near stride for stride with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT