ADVERTISEMENT

The Quote Board - 10/9

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
The Quote Board is a feature from Maryland Varsity where we quote some of the top athletes throughout the state on their opponent this week on the football field. Quotes included are from Archbishop Carroll vs. Good Counsel, Patuxent vs. Calvert, Marriotts Ridge vs. Oakland Mills, Churchill vs. Quince Orchard, and Perrytown vs. Lansdowne.

Good Counsel athlete Owen Peter
Opponent - Archbishop Carroll

Football
"We have been playing good football but just a few things have not gone our way. We are playing as a team but making a few mistakes."

Archbishop Carroll
"We'll be watching film on them and will have a good game plan for them. They have a few good offensive linemen but we are trying to keep doing out thing."

Archbishop Carroll players
"I know that they have a few good offensive linemen but other than that I don't (know any of the other players)."

Keys to a victory
"We just need to get back to what we do. We just have to stay focused and get back to working. I think we can do a good job in the next few weeks but we need to stay focused and do things right."

..........................................................................................................

Patuxent defensive lineman Tim Nickisch
Opponent - Calvert

Football
"It has been pretty good. We are 5-0 so that speaks for itself. If we fix a few things we can really go places."

Areas of improvement
"We have to improve our run game for sure. It is also the tiny little things like footwork and steps."

On Calvert
"I think it'll be a great game because they are like our little brother. They always trash talk but have never really proven themselves against us. It is always a good fight and it will be a good game."

The Calvert players
"I don't know much about Calvert. I don't have twitter so I don't know any of their guys."

Keys to a victory
"I think it is about heart and who wants it more. It is who will work hardest and wants it the most at the end."
..........................................................................................................

Oakland Mills offensive lineman Larry Aaron
Opponent - Marriotts Ridge

Football
"Everything is going good. We are improving a lot. We lost to Howard this week but we feel we'll come back."

Areas to improve
"Our defense needs to step up as a team and we have to continue executing on offense. Our offense has to use the momentum from our defense getting stops."

Marriotts Ridge
"They will be tough competition. They are in our region so it'll be a good game. We need to take our anger out on them."

Marriotts Ridge players
"I don't really know."

Keys to a victory
"It is our effort. We have to play our football."

Quince Orchard tight end Gregg Weinstein
Opponent - Churchill

Football
"I think everything is going pretty well. We are following our game plan and improving week by week. I think everything is going well for us."

Areas of improvement
"As a team, I think we are trying to get better with every part of the game. On offense, we can get better. On defense, we can always improve everything we do."

Churchill
"We know definitely we are going to have to stop their run game. Their running backs have had a lot of yards this year. On offense, we got to get our pass game going a little bit more."

The Churchill players
"We know that they'll have strong running game. They have athletes on their team. They have a couple of good offensive and defensive linemen. It should be a good game."

Keys to a victory
"It is probably in the trenches with the offensive and defensive lines. That will really set the tone for both sides of the ball."

Perry Hall athlete Anthony Jordan
Opponent - Lansdowne

Football season
"Our season is going pretty good so far. We are 4-1 right now and just getting better every week."

On Lansdowne
"I watched some film on them. They are pretty decent but they weren't anything special."

Lansdowne players
"I don't know any of their athletes."

Keys to a victory
"It is being disciplined and turnovers."

Areas of improvement
"I think we can do better at being a team. We can be more disciplined with how we play."

Goals
"It is coming together and being a family to make it as far as we can. We are trying to get down to M&T Bank Stadium."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News