ADVERTISEMENT

The Fort Hill Family

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
The father of one of the FH football players (Brian Plummer) made a team video tribute using some great photo shots. Did a real nice job. Puts a tear in your eye.
LINK: Fort Hill Video

It was a little personal for me as I have a very large handful of very close and dear friends, who would give the shirt off their back if asked, many of whom I grew up and played football with at FH, that have their sons on the varsity team this year. I can't begin to count how many. It's been such a great indescribable joy to see those mothers and fathers have such a memorable last experience with their kids...every game. I am lucky enough to sit with them at games, hang pre and post game, talk during the week, just running into those people at the market, etc. For all the bad things some have to say about Cumberland, this aspect is one folks should always cherish and embrace.

Witnessing the gleam and tear in each of these parents eyes each and every weekend has been a precious thing. I know other schools have similar bonds too. But I can definitely say at Fort Hill, it is one huge family. I see moms, dads, grand parents great grand parents at games. They all went to Fort Hill as my family tree did.

I hear quite a bit these days that FH football pulls kids from other school districts. It's funny, because when I went through the FH starting depth chart I realized that about 18 out of the 22 starters not only lived in South Cumberland, but their parents attended Fort Hill.

The circle of life my friends, the circle of life.

If you look at the red pants FH wears (such as the ones worn in the title game), there is some wording across the front of the thigh pad. It says, FAMILY.

What a season this was on many, many levels.
One for the ages.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT