ADVERTISEMENT

The 15 most dominating high school teams since 2006

I agree and disagree with both arguments. I agree with TDHelmick in that its silly to compare FH with what other 3A and 4A teams are doing down state especially when FH operates in 1A. On the other hand I see Boyz point where its ridiculous to say FH has to navigate the playoffs when they face Northern or Brunswick or Boonsboro. Their toughest competition is Allegany in the West Division and thats always a home game. This is my point, I think its disingenuous to cry about MPSSAA schools not wanting to play you, when you had a MPSSAA school wanting to play you and instead of jumping at the opportunity you put Middletown on hold for almost a week. Maybe you would have had a 10th game by now if the powers that be didn't drag their feet on a clear win win situation for all parties involved. I still can't wrap my brain around not immediately accepting that invitation. Its my observation that the powers that be always have excuses not to play a game but never can come up with solutions. When opportunities arise FH always seems to balk. Its like stacking the deck against yourself and then crying about the game not being fair. Now FH wants back into the "CVAL"? After cutting their nose off to spite their face? But how bad does FH really want back in b/c last time we discussed this FH had a bunch of stipulations accompanying a request to join.. That would be like me moving in with a friend and telling them how to conduct their household. FH needs the EPAC the EPAC doesn't need FH... Honestly it just seems like another excuse not to join the EPAC. You can say you want to join all you want and then put barriers up to accomplishing that goal ultimately leaving yourself an out. So FH can say "look see we really wanted to join, but it didn't work out 'logistically". How many times have we heard that before? Seriously who wants to deal with all the headache that a FH game seems to bring? Look at the fiasco and drama last yr. surrounding the Sherando game and the possiblity of not playing it on the agreed upon date. The biggest game on FH's schedule and FH can't seem to get out of its own way. Its always something. If I was the EPAC I would say thanks but no thanks...

But FH isn't trying to navigate the playoffs. Once in you play who you play. Rather they are trying to navigate the process of getting into the playoffs. A big differnce. I'm really kind of amazed people cant see that's what everyone does like it's only a FH mentality. That's a mind boggler.

I smell a good old fashioned wager.

I'll bet that at the end of the 2017 regular season that Fort Hill's schedule is ranked:

- higher than any local area team
- higher than any EPAC team including Martinsburg
- in the top 5 of all 1A/2A MPSSAA schools
- higher than 60% of all the 3A MPSSAA schools

Any takers?

FH has had since April to find a replacement.

I would rather rag on Alco since they have become irrelevant. Combining schools would be your only hope. Go play Northern, BW, Frankfort, Williamsport, Southern, Chestnut Ridge, whatever gets you 10 games through the years. You know, teams that are afraid to death of getting pounded by Big Red.

"....not overload their way into playoff panic. And I think the 2017 FH schedule as it is now is perfect for such."

This quote in an above post sums it all up. Many teachers teach to the state tests for the same reason that activities are directed toward getting a trophy.

Personally, I think the relevant football issue this year is FH's lack of the superior speed it has enjoyed - perchance the real reason they are taking a Kaepernick knee the week before Melbourne.

Reactions: towpath94
"....not overload their way into playoff panic. And I think the 2017 FH schedule as it is now is perfect for such."

This quote in an above post sums it all up. Many teachers teach to the state tests for the same reason that activities are directed toward getting a trophy.

Personally, I think the relevant football issue this year is FH's lack of the superior speed it has enjoyed - perchance the real reason they are taking a Kaepernick knee the week before Melbourne.
You mean like Northern, Southern, Chestnut Ridge, Williamsport and Boonsboro does taking a knee playing Alco instead of FH?

Glad Alco doesn't ever play 9 games (sarcasm). Although by your definition if FH does get a 10th game you will admit to being wrong.

I smell a good old fashioned wager.

I'll bet that at the end of the 2017 regular season that Fort Hill's schedule is ranked:

- higher than any local area team
- higher than any EPAC team including Martinsburg
- in the top 5 of all 1A/2A MPSSAA schools
- higher than 60% of all the 3A MPSSAA schools

Any takers?

Kind of meaningless if you only play 9 games after kicking up dust for almost a year. Worse yet if you go 5 and 4 trying to back into the playoffs and don't make it. More respect even if you went 4 and 6 playing all your games.

Maybe it's time for you to stop trashing every other local school in the area and start savoring the blessings FH has already enjoyed. Karma exists.

You mean like Northern, Southern, Chestnut Ridge, Williamsport and Boonsboro does taking a knee playing Alco instead of FH?

Glad Alco doesn't ever play 9 games (sarcasm). Although by your definition if FH does get a 10th game you will admit to being wrong.

FH's 9 game charade stands out all by itself. And yes, if a 10th game shows up for FH - even if it's 'little sisters of the poor' I will gladly apologize. My comments to date are solely based on what I have concluded from what I read in this forum.

In fact, I pray they do get a 10th game. Nothing would please me more than to return the glow - as I see it - to FH.

The numbers have already been ran, and Fort Hill's schedule is indeed ranked tougher than Martinsburg's. Now this is based off the Final Maxpreps rankings from last year but I doubt that will change. Fort Hill's opponents have an average National Ranking of 4,409 while Martinsburg's have an average National Ranking of 5,077. If Fort Hill were to add a 10th game, that 10th opponent could be ranked as abysmally low as 11,085th in the country for Fort Hill to maintain the tougher schedule on paper. To give you some perspective on how bad that team could be, Washington, out of Jefferson County, went 0-10 last year and was ranked 11,325th.

The numbers have already been ran, and Fort Hill's schedule is indeed ranked tougher than Martinsburg's. Now this is based off the Final Maxpreps rankings from last year but I doubt that will change. Fort Hill's opponents have an average National Ranking of 4,409 while Martinsburg's have an average National Ranking of 5,077. If Fort Hill were to add a 10th game, that 10th opponent could be ranked as abysmally low as 11,085th in the country for Fort Hill to maintain the tougher schedule on paper. To give you some perspective on how bad that team could be, Washington, out of Jefferson County, went 0-10 last year and was ranked 11,325th.

A nice hypothetical and a we-don't-need-no-stinkin' 10th game angle to harp on. But using the term 'schedule' without the defining parameters of an actual full season is only fodder for this forum - which is to say, of the games FH plays they play a tougher schedule. The entire Maxpreps analysis has nothing to do with taking a bye week right before your toughest opponent of the year. That is the underlying subject du jour.

A nice hypothetical and a we-don't-need-no-stinkin' 10th game angle to harp on. But using the term 'schedule' without the defining parameters of an actual full season is only fodder for this forum - which is to say, of the games FH plays they play a tougher schedule. The entire Maxpreps analysis has nothing to do with taking a bye week right before your toughest opponent of the year. That is the underlying subject du jour.

So if a 10th game is found and it is a complete and total cupcake, I'm talking the worst of the worst, does playing that worthless 10th game really mean anything? Oh OK, I see, Fort Hill has picked up Calvary Christian Academy's Intramural Squad for a 10th game......shew.....thank goodness, I thought they were going to take the easy way out by only playing 9 games. So, what does a 10th game prove? They are already playing a schedule on paper tougher than Martinsburg's, the most successful program in the region and a school twice their size....so what would a cupcake prove.....and if not a cupcake, why, if they are already playing a great and challenging schedule, should they have to seek some juggernaut? Fake outrage, that's what it is, the 10th game is meaningless, I mean if they get one that works, great, if they don't, who cares?

Reactions: TDHelmick
So if a 10th game is found and it is a complete and total cupcake, I'm talking the worst of the worst, does playing that worthless 10th game really mean anything? Oh OK, I see, Fort Hill has picked up Calvary Christian Academy's Intramural Squad for a 10th game......shew.....thank goodness, I thought they were going to take the easy way out by only playing 9 games. So, what does a 10th game prove? They are already playing a schedule on paper tougher than Martinsburg's, the most successful program in the region and a school twice their size....so what would a cupcake prove.....and if not a cupcake, why, if they are already playing a great and challenging schedule, should they have to seek some juggernaut? Fake outrage, that's what it is, the 10th game is meaningless, I mean if they get one that works, great, if they don't, who cares?

Could not have said that better.
Everyone pushing for FH to get a 10th game, not caring who it is against, another Capitol Christian maybe...what does that prove? That FH has 10 games? Granted, I would like to get that 10th game if anything just so the kids can have it. If it is a lighter foe then many kids who don't get to play often see the field and I have no qualms with such.

FH will have one of the toughest schedules in a 90 miles radius and yet it won't be good enough for some. Although I will agree with another poster in that the Martinsburg schedule is bad, won't anyone come within 4 TDs of beating the Dawgs. They are catching some heat on other forums. Been there done that. I would go so far to say that while MPSSAA 1A hasn't been very competitive for FH, I would say the same of WV AAA - it has not been very competitive for Martinsburg either. Then again, maybe Martinsburg is just that good. Maybe no one considered that prospect.

Fake Outrage - hahaha that's a good one.

Last edited:

As Oscar Wilde wrote, "If I contradict myself.... well then, I contradict myself."

Try to resolve all the dust: Is it overloading? Is it can't get a game? Is it dragging feet on Middletown offer? Too expensive? Only since April but happened in December? Or toughest schedule ever?

Here is the unshakeable reality: the 10th game is a bye right before Melbourne. It isn't just the 800 lb. gorilla in the room; it's Jupiter in the scheduling orbit.

Fact is, why wouldn't FH play an excruciatingly tough schedule and not take a Kaepernick before their toughest game. Well, because their record demands they play. After 4 consecutive championships, they should play a full hard schedule - or at least a full schedule. And there's another contradiction: either FH is a 'poor boy' 1A school whose neighbor schools ignore them, or they are a proven powerhouse that needs to schedule up to their record.

Then we go back to the aforementioned quote"....not overload their way into playoff panic..." I get it. It's about the 5th championship. FH doesn't want a game. They want a bye. I don't understand the desire for affirmation. My opinion doesn't really matter. I see it the way I see it.

Last edited:
So here is the thing Lags, Melbourne, the Florida team, depending on what theory you subscribe to, may very well be the least winnable game on the schedule. If Fort Hill beats Melbourne, do you really think it's going to be because Appel had an extra week to gameplan? Hell no. If Fort Hill wins that game it's going to be because they found a way to stop the big plays, force turnovers, and ground and pound Melbourne and the clock into submission. Sure, it's nice to have the bye week there but the bye week would probably be more beneficial at another time. I don't know, I really think it's fake outrage, Fort Hill has been so incredibly good and doing what they need to do that people anymore are just grasping at straws. When Fort Hill finishes 12-1, 11-2, or 10-3 and wins their 5th consecutive State Championships, I hope Lags and the Blue Crew come to the school that night for the victory assembly and claim it was all for naught because they disgraced themselves by playing a 9 game regular season schedule.

As for Martinsburg, they really are that good, and they will trounce everyone in WV AAA this year. They could branch out and play Maryland 4A schools, or Maryland/DC Privates, but they too, I'm sure, like to protect their homefield advantage as much an anyone. They know they are the best AAA team in West Virginia and that they will most likely win it all, why put themselves behind an 8 ball if they don't have to.

You have a ginormous continual habit of comparing FH with 3A and 4A schools while implying they need to be doing what those schools are doing. Your reply just compared FH to what 4 schools are doing - Quince Orchard, Northwest, Seneca Valley and Good Counsel. Seriously?

FYI...Alco plays Silver Oak, MATHS and CCA too. Now how is this a FH mentality thing again? When MPSSAA schools start playing Alco and FH you will see those small private schools disappear off the schedule.

I've provided a considerable list of teams that refused to play FH even when they had the same open date. 3A and 4A level schools including many from PG County. FH has two MPSSAA schools on the 2017 schedule and those are Alco and MR. All this while I personally banged on every door. I find this a total MPSSAA embarrassment that their record setting 4 time champ has to dig into Canada, Florida, Virginia and privates to get games. And yet somehow you consider this a FH mentality? Wow. Unless you can start providing another solution there is no need to discuss over and over and over this same issue.

FH would much rather be back in a league such as the old CVAL where you get guaranteed games. No one here cares what Quince Orchard and Northwest are doing or what games they must play because they have more people and more schools in their county. FH is required to play all their respective county schools too. Comparing Allegany and PG Counties is stupid on many levels. LOL

Your comments are a little bit inconsistent. Where did I compare Allegany and PG Counties? The only reference I made to PG County was to say that FH plays the barely .500 1A school from PG County in the semis every year, which is a fact. Please at least read what I wrote before you say it's "stupid."

I referred to a FH mentality, but yes I agree that under the previous administration, Allegany is equally as guilty of it. I have no problem admitting that.

Why do you keep talking about this "considerable list of teams?" You are feeding this false narrative that schools downstate are so afraid of FH, and that's the farthest thing from the truth. To be honest 98% of people downstate have no idea about any schools past Frederick County. And we have to keep talking about this because you keep bringing it up. But here it goes again: You clearly didn't want to play Middletown. Was the MPSSAA supposed to force you to return those phone calls? You could make the game with Martinsburg any time. FH had a relationship with Douglass at one time and those coaches are still there so that game could probably be made - if you offer a home and home. If I remember correctly that was when FH wasn't playing home and home series. And tell BrianH the truth there are certain teams that you aren't going to play. Tell him in the past FH was offered games and they turned them down. Also, for the record, I've said on this board about 20 times I don't have an issue with the schedule FH is playing as long they keep winning titles. Generally only time I talk about it is when somebody "stupidly" compares FH to another school that has a 7-3 record, but their losses are against tough competition.

So here is the thing Lags, Melbourne, the Florida team, depending on what theory you subscribe to, may very well be the least winnable game on the schedule. If Fort Hill beats Melbourne, do you really think it's going to be because Appel had an extra week to gameplan? Hell no. If Fort Hill wins that game it's going to be because they found a way to stop the big plays, force turnovers, and ground and pound Melbourne and the clock into submission. Sure, it's nice to have the bye week there but the bye week would probably be more beneficial at another time. I don't know, I really think it's fake outrage, Fort Hill has been so incredibly good and doing what they need to do that people anymore are just grasping at straws. When Fort Hill finishes 12-1, 11-2, or 10-3 and wins their 5th consecutive State Championships, I hope Lags and the Blue Crew come to the school that night for the victory assembly and claim it was all for naught because they disgraced themselves by playing a 9 game regular season schedule.

I don't give outrage. I give opinions. It is Helmick who claims potential "playoff panic" due to "overload." The question is from where 'cometh' the panic? - the staff? the admin? the red jackets? - surely not from the young men who played years just for the opportunity to suit up in Big Red only so many times in their lives.

Do you even read your own posts? It's all about celebrating in the gym to you and it's all about avoiding playoff panic to Helmick. How jaded can you get over high school football?

And spare me the hypothetical about a bye week not being important since you've already stuck it in your pocket. The Kaepernick knee week was not fortuitous - it was a fait accompli.

Your comments are a little bit inconsistent. Where did I compare Allegany and PG Counties? The only reference I made to PG County was to say that FH plays the barely .500 1A school from PG County in the semis every year, which is a fact. Please at least read what I wrote before you say it's "stupid."

I referred to a FH mentality, but yes I agree that under the previous administration, Allegany is equally as guilty of it. I have no problem admitting that.

Why do you keep talking about this "considerable list of teams?" You are feeding this false narrative that schools downstate are so afraid of FH, and that's the farthest thing from the truth. To be honest 98% of people downstate have no idea about any schools past Frederick County. And we have to keep talking about this because you keep bringing it up. But here it goes again: You clearly didn't want to play Middletown. Was the MPSSAA supposed to force you to return those phone calls? You could make the game with Martinsburg any time. FH had a relationship with Douglass at one time and those coaches are still there so that game could probably be made - if you offer a home and home. If I remember correctly that was when FH wasn't playing home and home series. And tell BrianH the truth there are certain teams that you aren't going to play. Tell him in the past FH was offered games and they turned them down. Also, for the record, I've said on this board about 20 times I don't have an issue with the schedule FH is playing as long they keep winning titles. Generally only time I talk about it is when somebody "stupidly" compares FH to another school that has a 7-3 record, but their losses are against tough competition.

Where did I say people downstate were afraid to play FH? You obviously don't read my posts. 9 times out of 10 it's about travel and having teams in your own backyard to play. You are guessing again as if you know something about possible games. And you don't.

Any credibility you demonstrate is lost by the fact you cannot comprehend that most every single school is scheduling to make the playoffs. That's the system we have. I talk to ADs and coaches from all over on a daily basis and I'm here to tell you they ALL do it except for league games you obviously have to play. Why you or Lag push the idea that FH is one of the few that monitors the playoff situation is mind boggling. It's not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of FH disapproval for calling them out on something everyone does. FH will play one of the toughest schedules in 2017 in a large area circumference, in all of 1A and likely 2A. Learn to accept that fact. Nothing more needs said about strength of schedule. That statement sums it all up.

Last edited:
Where did I say people downstate were afraid to play FH? You obviously don't read my posts. 9 times out of 10 it's about travel and having teams in your own backyard to play. You are guessing again as if you know something about possible games. And you don't.

Any credibility you demonstrate is lost by the fact you cannot comprehend that most every single school is scheduling to make the playoffs. That's the system we have. I talk to ADs and coaches from all over on a daily basis and I'm here to tell you they ALL do it except for league games you obviously have to play. Why you or Lag push the idea that FH is one of the few that monitors the playoff situation is mind boggling. It's not a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of FH disapproval for calling them out on something everyone does. FH will play one of the toughest schedules in 2017 in a large area circumference, in all of 1A and likely 2A. Learn to accept that fact. Nothing more needs said about strength of schedule. That statement sums it all up.

"Why you or Lag push the idea that FH is one of the few that monitors the playoff situation is mind boggling."

I don't believe you misunderstand me. So, please do not misrepresent me.

In my over 3,000 posts I have never even hinted "that FH is one of the few that monitors the playoff situation."

I think you're taking a bye the week before Melbourne and I think it is to give you a rest and a better shot at the playoffs. You can call it not true or call it a strategy. It is obvious that my opinion is not shared by many in this forum. But when does that usually ever happen.

To put it more bluntly: FH isn't the exception to scheduling for the playoffs - I'm just not buying the rationale for the bye, especially when you have had a run of 4 consecutive championships. Hey, your opponents get tougher, well duh.

Okay, so take a bye. In turn, take away a game the young men could suit up for.

"Why you or Lag push the idea that FH is one of the few that monitors the playoff situation is mind boggling."

I don't believe you misunderstand me. So, please do not misrepresent me.

In my over 3,000 posts I have never even hinted "that FH is one of the few that monitors the playoff situation."

I think you're taking a bye the week before Melbourne and I think it is to give you a rest and a better shot at the playoffs. You can call it not true or call it a strategy. It is obvious that my opinion is not shared by many in this forum. But when does that usually ever happen.

To put it more bluntly: FH isn't the exception to scheduling for the playoffs - I'm just not buying the rationale for the bye, especially when you have had a run of 4 consecutive championships. Hey, your opponents get tougher, well duh.

Okay, so take a bye. In turn, take away a game the young men could suit up for.

Lag, I actually enjoy that you post here as this board is mostly full of rah rah FH - including something I am guilty of myself at times.

But you too are making guesses and assumptions that you have no true knowledge of and then posting them off as if they are factual. Which is why it's probably wise I post under my own name. Oddly enough, I have a 10th game. Came in last night through all my tireless searching. Now waiting on MPSSAA approval and a contract. So the notion that FH wants to take a knee as you call it is very far from the truth. We have been digging for this game since April never once settling on the idea of taking a bye. All this while we even have a game under contract with Fairmont Heights which we are willing to fight for if it comes down to 10 games. I hear the term excuse all the time, just look at all the local open dates boards and you can plainly see I have been looking for a game. So to say FH wants to take a bye is very incorrect. It's just not going to be a game against anyone that breaks the bank or requires another national contender. If you don't like that philosophy then your frustration is directed at the system and what every team is doing.

Don't be confused by the fact no one is available week 6 within a 4 hour drive and pass it off as FH taking a knee.

Last edited:
Lag, I actually enjoy that you post here as this board is mostly full of rah rah FH - including something I am guilty of myself at times.

But you too are making guesses and assumptions that you have no true knowledge of and then posting them off as if they are factual. Which is why it's probably wise I post under my own name. Oddly enough, I have a 10th game. Came in last night through all my tireless searching. Now waiting on MPSSAA approval and a contract. So the notion that FH wants to take a knee as you call it is very far from the truth. We have been digging for this game since April never once settling on the idea of taking a bye. All this while we even have a game under contract with Fairmont Heights which we are willing to fight for if it comes down to 10 games. I hear the term excuse all the time, just look at all the local open dates boards and you can plainly see I have been looking for a game. So to say FH wants to take a bye is very incorrect. It's just not going to be a game against anyone that breaks the bank or requires another national contender. If you don't like that philosophy then your frustration is directed at the system and what every team is doing.

Don't be confused by the fact no one is available week 6 within a 4 hour drive and pass it off as FH taking a knee.

I have openly stated that I am making nothing more than assumptions.

Here is my exact quote: "if a 10th game shows up for FH - even if it's 'little sisters of the poor' I will gladly apologize. My comments to date are solely based on what I have concluded from what I read in this forum."

The only thing I claimed as fact is that the game before Melbourne would be a bye. If everything goes through It is no longer a bye and I apologize for questioning anybody's motives. Frankly, I am not even asking that anybody see my point. It's my nature and I will take my lumps when I need to.

First thing first, I notice you didn't address your previous mis-statement that I compared any schools from Allegany and PG County.

And you asked the question, "Where did I say people downstate were afraid to play FH?" - What are you saying here: "I've provided a considerable list of teams that refused to play FH even when they had the same open date. 3A and 4A level schools including many from PG County" - This statement is clearly intended to mislead your fan base. If Bowie doesn't return your phone calls over the summer, when they didn't even have a football coach, they aren't "refusing to play." Like I said before, tell Brian about the games you have turned down against downstate schools. 1A/2A Douglass just played Wise two years in a row, do you really think they would refuse to play FH?

"FH will play one of the toughest schedules in 2017 in a large area circumference, in all of 1A and likely 2A." This is another misleading statement. Gwynn Park is playing 5 4A schools this year, another tough game away at Douglass, and then a loaded 2A playoff schedule possibly against Damascus, Middletown, etc. (no Northerns, Boonsboros or Surrattsvilles).

And you keep saying, "everyone" is monitoring the playoff situation. Once again, that's misleading. But of course you also say, "except for league games." That's 90% of the schedule, lol. When a school is in a conference, the playoff situation isn't complicated. You can't run around and avoid other teams. That was my original comment in this thread about how the fans are conditioned to say stuff like, "Let's not overdo it." This practice of not "overdoing it" is unique to a handful of public schools. If your argument is the Washington County schools won't play you so you have to schedule weaker teams, that's a different conversation. But don't use the excuse, "everyone" is doing it.

Reactions: ultrawalt
"FH will play one of the toughest schedules in 2017 in a large area circumference, in all of 1A and likely 2A." This is another misleading statement. Gwynn Park is playing 5 4A schools this year, another tough game away at Douglass, and then a loaded 2A playoff schedule possibly against Damascus, Middletown, etc. (no Northerns, Boonsboros or Surrattsvilles).

And you keep saying, "everyone" is monitoring the playoff situation. Once again, that's misleading. But of course you also say, "except for league games." That's 90% of the schedule, lol. When a school is in a conference, the playoff situation isn't complicated. You can't run around and avoid other teams. That was my original comment in this thread about how the fans are conditioned to say stuff like, "Let's not overdo it." This practice of not "overdoing it" is unique to a handful of public schools. If your argument is the Washington County schools won't play you so you have to schedule weaker teams, that's a different conversation. But don't use the excuse, "everyone" is doing it.

You didn't even need to look at 2A Gwynn Park. 1A Surrattsville gets to start their season with Wise(week1), Oxon Hill, Gwynn Park and Eleanor Roosevelt within the first 5 weeks of the season. Outside that they get 3 other 4A teams but should still win 5-6 games and make the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if a 1A that's going to have around 30 guys can weather that early schedule with everything you hear about attrition coming into play when it comes to scheduling upper classification schools.

"FH will play one of the toughest schedules in 2017 in a large area circumference, in all of 1A and likely 2A"

I don't know how accurate maxprep schedules and records are but according to them 1a Surratsville plays defending 4A champion Wise 11-1 3A Oxon Hill and 8-4 4A Eleanor Roosevelt.

Middletown plays Tuscarora Oakdale linganore Urbana and 2A champ Walkersville.

Walkersville plays Tuscarora Middletown linganore and Oakdale

Gwyn Park has been pointed out. That's just at a glance.. Sure there's more. If as I said these maxprep schedules are accurate. Boyz has a point..

PG County schools get to / have to play PG County schools. That's awesome and a great comparison to Allegany County. No one here gives a f**k about PG County anymore than PG gives a f**k about Allegany County.

As any Camper would have told you years ago, up here its about state championships.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
First thing first, I notice you didn't address your previous mis-statement that I compared any schools from Allegany and PG County.

And you asked the question, "Where did I say people downstate were afraid to play FH?" - What are you saying here: "I've provided a considerable list of teams that refused to play FH even when they had the same open date. 3A and 4A level schools including many from PG County" - This statement is clearly intended to mislead your fan base. If Bowie doesn't return your phone calls over the summer, when they didn't even have a football coach, they aren't "refusing to play." Like I said before, tell Brian about the games you have turned down against downstate schools. 1A/2A Douglass just played Wise two years in a row, do you really think they would refuse to play FH?

Are there any PG County teams that will play FH this year? FH has 4 open dates. Do you recall that question posted here or do I need to go back in these archives and pull it out?

I will repeat, PLEASE ARE THERE ANY PG COUNTY SCHOOLS AT ANY LEVEL WILLING TO PLAY FH THIS YEAR ON ONE OF THEIR 4 OPEN DATES?

What more do you want?

"Oddly enough, I have a 10th game. Came in last night through all my tireless searching."

I thought this issue was settled. Is there something I do not know? Of course, there is a contract here or approval there and such. But I am assuming that is pretty much paperwork.

PG County schools get to / have to play PG County schools. That's awesome and a great comparison to Allegany County. No one here gives a f**k about PG County anymore than PG gives a f**k about Allegany County.

As any Camper would have told you years ago, up here its about state championships.

Ugh no. It was about winning homecoming. If it were found out that any coach or admin dropped a game to gain a playoff advantage they would have been fired. I cannot speak for the Korn era.

Are there any PG County teams that will play FH this year? FH has 4 open dates. Do you recall that question posted here or do I need to go back in these archives and pull it out?

I will repeat, PLEASE ARE THERE ANY PG COUNTY SCHOOLS AT ANY LEVEL WILLING TO PLAY FH THIS YEAR ON ONE OF THEIR 4 OPEN DATES?

What more do you want?

Brian, there are games that could be made. And be clear, I'm not saying it would be easy to make. But I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I understand why you're confused.

Brian, there are games that could be made. And be clear, I'm not saying it would be easy to make. But I'm not going to go back and forth with you. I understand why you're confused.

There were no games from PG County that could be made. FH contacted all of them but Wise. Can't make it any simpler than that. Sorry if you are confused.

"Refusing" to do something doesnt mean your "scared" of it? Boyz, why do you insist on using those two words as synonyms?

A PG county school refusing to play FH could be for a myriad of reasons. This sentence of yours .."1A/2A Douglass just played Wise two years in a row, do you really think they would refuse to play FH?" is literally completely irrelevant to this discussion. Douglass and Wise are in county teams. Thats like faulting FH for refusing a game with a team because they chose to play Alco or MR instead.

If Todd managed to find a 10th game for Fort Hill he's a miracle worker. There is not one other team in the state of MD open Week 6.

If anyone thinks the scheduling process is easy, I'm looking for some help with compiling the schedules as I've recently moved to Florida and am looking to step back a little from what I've done with the schedules over the past five years or so.

I think anyone would have a much better appreciation for how hard it is to find 7+ games every year if they were as involved in it as I am.

BTW, Melbourne Central Catholic just picked up Buford (GA), a AAAAA school and frequent nationally ranked team from that state, for their Week 1 game on 8/25.

If Todd managed to find a 10th game for Fort Hill he's a miracle worker. There is not one other team in the state of MD open Week 6.

If anyone thinks the scheduling process is easy, I'm looking for some help with compiling the schedules as I've recently moved to Florida and am looking to step back a little from what I've done with the schedules over the past five years or so.

I think anyone would have a much better appreciation for how hard it is to find 7+ games every year if they were as involved in it as I am.

BTW, Melbourne Central Catholic just picked up Buford (GA), a AAAAA school and frequent nationally ranked team from that state, for their Week 1 game on 8/25.

This doesn't sound like an "if" to me:

"Oddly enough, I have a 10th game. Came in last night through all my tireless searching."

Although, I don't understand why he let an entire day of bantering go by before declaring the game.

Last edited:
This doesn't sound like an "if" to me:

Although, I don't understand why he let an entire day of bantering go by before declaring the game.

When you are dealing with teams not from the state of Maryland there is this little thing called MPSSAA sanctioning. In short, the MPSSAA has to approve such games and you are at their time clock mercy. Patience good sir.

Wow I did not know Melbourne CC picked up Buford. Put it this way - in the heart of SEC Country there are a very small handful of teams that demand top dog respect as in like one or two per state. Buford is absolutely one of those teams. They are a monster. I told everyone Melbourne CC is on another whole path with a new national private school philosophy. Their goal is to compete on the level with Cocoa, which means playing games in Nevada, California, Ohio and Texas. It just so happens Cumberland is their first step :)

When you are dealing with teams not from the state of Maryland there is this little thing called MPSSAA sanctioning. In short, the MPSSAA has to approve such games and you are at their time clock mercy. Patience good sir.

I updated myself on the MPSSAA by reviewing the Lascaux cave paintings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT