ADVERTISEMENT

The 15 most dominating high school teams since 2006

Hard to get a decent top 25 rating when the rest of the state treats us like were in wv.. Maxpreps is about the closest thing to Fair we will get.. we need to play some of the states top 25 before we talk dominant anything.. With that said big red is the king of our jungle, lets prove it by playing a Martinsburg, st Francis, so on... This year is perfect, lets play this kind of competition every year

Hard to get a decent top 25 rating when the rest of the state treats us like were in wv.. Maxpreps is about the closest thing to Fair we will get.. we need to play some of the states top 25 before we talk dominant anything.. With that said big red is the king of our jungle, lets prove it by playing a Martinsburg, st Francis, so on... This year is perfect, lets play this kind of competition every year

Fort Hill has nothing to prove to anyone. Four consecutive state titles in their classification. That's what counts. They don't "need" to play a top 25 team. It's the opinion of whomever wrote the article on who's dominant, not "we" on this board.

As far as how the rest of the state treats us, I could care less. I think most of the FH people on here feel the same.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
I agree. Ever since I can remember Fort Hill has been a Maryland Football Power. Charlie Lattimer always said it was more important to play and defeat teams located near to you, than someone far way. Fort Hill playing teams that live by recruiting is nothing but a lose / lose situation. Keep the same schedule format that have been successful these last 10 years.

I submit that Fort Hill is one of the most dominating schools - having the entire package: education (check their website), sports, band, student involvement, community support and heritage. Perhaps in my lifetime I will see Cumberland - having the wisdom of merging both schools into Fort Hill.

Last edited:
How many centuries do you plan on living????????

lol just joking of course, it should have happened years ago but that subject has been beaten to death.

I cnt see what we would loose by playing a Martinsburg or a Walkersville.a st Francis I understand, unless we're trying to break Urbanas 53 game winning streak keep a silver oak every year, if not drop them.. As far as nothing to prove, we have something to prove every year. New kids new team, always something to wrk for.. I would just like to see powerhouses from the state play eachother more, and less pittsburgh City teams.. play Aliquippa, west alco... Just like to see fh play competition on our level

Reactions: PWA Docket 7323
It's good to beef up the schedule to a point. Just not to over do it. A Walkersville orMartinsburg type, say in week 6 would be too much. With MCC and Friendship in weeks 7 & 8. May be in week 3 or 4.

Oh yea def this year, I was thinking more along the lines of one or two a year, we def have our two big ones this year! Mcc, friendship wk after yea we're good.. But say line up against a Middletown or another relevant Powerhouse once a year... Play Bridgeport,Wayne, Morgantown.. Just a playoff type atmosphere before homecoming.. Id just like to see this type of schedule every year

Reactions: mccoke
It's good to beef up the schedule to a point. Just not to over do it. A Walkersville or Martinsburg type, say in week 6 would be too much. With MCC and Friendship in weeks 7 & 8. May be in week 3 or 4.

This is the problematic mentality when you handpick your opponents every year, lol - OK, so this year you have added two new teams to the schedule. MCC and Friendship, 1A schools which aren't really that tough (but we'll debate that later in the summer). But I admit, they are higher caliber than Silver Oak. So now you can't play another game because you have to play two (maybe) difficult opponents? Just for the record: This is what schools in 2A, 3A and 4A have to deal with EVERY YEAR!!! Lol. Most schools in Moco and PG don't have the luxury to say, "Let's not over do it." That's why their players are prepared for college competition, because they've been facing this talent on a regular basis their entire high school careers.

This is the problematic mentality when you handpick your opponents every year, lol - OK, so this year you have added two new teams to the schedule. MCC and Friendship, 1A schools which aren't really that tough (but we'll debate that later in the summer). But I admit, they are higher caliber than Silver Oak. So now you can't play another game because you have to play two (maybe) difficult opponents? Just for the record: This is what schools in 2A, 3A and 4A have to deal with EVERY YEAR!!! Lol. Most schools in Moco and PG don't have the luxury to say, "Let's not over do it." That's why their players are prepared for college competition, because they've been facing this talent on a regular basis their entire high school careers.

It is one thing to miss a game too late to adjust - but this year FH takes a knee and backs into the playoffs as a 9er, having played a Colin Kaepernick schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
Friendship is actually a 3A school who won 10 games. Melbourne has 7 D1 offered players and won 11 games. Yea thats a brutal 2 weeks few dare to roam.

Looking over the Martinsburg schedule I'm real surprised how piss poor their slate is. Maybe the admins should have paired the Dogs and Sentinels after all. Drop playing teams from DC area and 1000 miles away.

Friendship is actually a 3A school who won 10 games. Melbourne has 7 D1 offered players and won 11 games. Yea thats a brutal 2 weeks few dare to roam.

Looking over the Martinsburg schedule I'm real surprised how piss poor their slate is. Maybe the admins should have paired the Dogs and Sentinels after all. Drop playing teams from DC area and 1000 miles away.

"Melbourne has 7 D1 offered players"

Who are these 7 D1 players? I would like to check them out and see what FH is going up against...

DC City schools are Maryland 1A level in football, but we can debate that in the fall. And Martinsburg has nothing to do with the conversation, lol. I just want people to understand that having the luxury of picking your entire schedule year after year is not normal in public high school football in the state or nationally. A lot of schools would look dominating if they could just drop or avoid tough competition.

...same stuff....same stuff....FH isnt that good....etc.....and then "That's why their players are prepared for college competition, because they've been facing this talent on a regular basis their entire high school careers."

Interesting statement. And maybe you are right...but those would be some neat stats to see. I still dont see though how simply playing a certain schedule better prepares kids for college play. You either get money for college or you dont based on your talent prior to college. I'd challenge that FH the last couple years is putting the same number of kids (per enrollment) into college (all divisions combined) as most other schools. Yeah there are the football factories who just have their stellar recruiting rates, but on average I'd say FH matches up there with the upper third. As a 700 student school in Appalachia.

DC City schools are Maryland 1A level in football, but we can debate that in the fall. .

1A is an enrollment size, not a talent rating (You've actually argued FOR that point many times). I'd take FH or Alco over probably all but the top seven or eight 4A schools. And I think they'd be competitive with half those top 8.

Also, I thought FCC was a private school. Not a DC City school. If so, St. Johns and Gonzaga are also both DC city schools by your generalization, I dont think anyone considers them "1A level" in any interpretation of the term.

If FH is not on top of their game October 14, Melbourne CC has the ability to embarrass a Cumberland school at Greenway. Trust me when I post this. This is a private school with money making moves fast. Forget what they have done the last 5 years this is not the same team or coach which is evident from last year's results. Also of note, Melbourne CC hired a new offensive coordinator from legendary St. Thomas Aquinas.

I only count 5 D1 offers right now. I suspect a couple more may come.
DT Dermont Morgan (6-3, 251) - Southern Miss
RB Lavonte Valentine (6-2, 190) - South Carolina (committed)
CB Zamari Walton (6-1, 165) - Georgia Tech (committed)
WR Lorenzo Hardy (6-3, 171) - Southern Miss
DE Eric Johanning (6-4, 240) - Army

Although you really want to be leery of their senior QB Joaquin Collazo. He is a really good HS quarterback and currently has an offer from D2 Tusculum in Alabama. This south paw QB should have the FH defense very concerned. Especially when you consider what his options are handing the ball off and who is catching those passes.

QB Joaquin Collazo (6-2, 175) - Tusculum
Highlight video: http://www.hudl.com/profile/4204538/joaquin-collazo
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4204538/joaquin-collazo
Anyone that believes this team is not a monster opponent is either football dumb or blinded by personal emotions. Their weakness was in the middle of their defense last year which may have convinced FH coaches to ignore their speed and skill. The Melbourne CC coaches know this as well. Did I mention they were a private school? Private schools with money invested have ways of addressing these issues in the off-season that public schools do not if you catch my drift. This will be a legit top 7 Maryland team at any level public or private. Melbourne CC wants to become a national traveling team like Cocoa. Cumberland is their first attempt at growing into this role. If you saw their facilities you would know what I'm talking about - First Rate.

Do your own Google research.

Oddly enough, I received a text message last night from my friend Matt Redinger the Southern Garrett AD. He is in Florida now and was working his way through Cocoa Beach talking with some locals. Here was his text:

"That Melbourne catholic school is impressive. Spending piles of money! They built a $10 million math and science building. Built baseball, football and softball stadium and a track in the last 8 years. They are very legit. Talking with my Florida football guy...you didn't get a patsy. Wow! They are good."

DC City schools are Maryland 1A level in football, but we can debate that in the fall. And Martinsburg has nothing to do with the conversation, lol. I just want people to understand that having the luxury of picking your entire schedule year after year is not normal in public high school football in the state or nationally. A lot of schools would look dominating if they could just drop or avoid tough competition.

Luxury of picking your entire schedule. Luxury? Wow can I smoke what u got? I'm sure FH would trade that "luxury" any day for some guaranteed league games as opposed to digging into Canada and Florida. If a scheduled contest isn't a mandatory league match up then its all hand picked. The same reason most everyone in the state handpicks not to play FH. We all know PG County leads that parade.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
For leading that parade FH has somehow gotten more regular season games from PG county public schools in the past decade than any other county in the state east of Allegany county.

For leading that parade FH has somehow gotten more regular season games from PG county public schools in the past decade than any other county in the state east of Allegany county.

Huh?
Since 2010 FH played one PG public and that was last year with Fairmont.

Huh?
Since 2010 FH played one PG public and that was last year with Fairmont.

When ultrawalt said "DECADE", Deca of Greek origin meaning 10. I'm assuming he meant 10 years from 2017. But even if we went with your understanding of the word, according to FH's website they played Surrattsville in 2010. I'm not a geographical genius but I'm pretty sure Surrattsville is in PG county. But who knows in your world where 10 equals 7 and 5 D1 players equals 7 D1 players, maybe, just maybe Surrattsville is in the county of 7, wedged between counties 6 and 8.

Ten years was intended as 2007 through 2016 covering the previous five reclassification cycles which most programs schedule their out of league contracts around.

Since the dynasty championship run began FH has played one PG County school. FH doesn't play MPSSAA schools period. The system has mandated such. This past off season FH did reach out to a handful of PG teams with the same open dates. None accepted for whatever reason. Point is that all non-league games are handpicked.

This thread is about FH Football dominance and the maxpreps story nailed it. If they used the same system over the last 5 years FH is the most dominating team in the entire state public or private :p

Last edited:
Since the dynasty championship run began FH has played one PG County school. FH doesn't play MPSSAA schools period. The system has mandated such. This past off season FH did reach out to a handful of PG teams with the same open dates. None accepted for whatever reason. Point is that all non-league games are handpicked.

This thread is about FH Football dominance and the maxpreps story nailed it. If they used the same system over the last 5 years FH is the most dominating team in the entire state public or private :p

.... And, with Silver Oak still on the schedule and an open date that they have had forever to fill - it begs the question whether this year is about red-jacketed, oldster bragging rights at the bar or about admin bragging rights at the school - or (heaven forbid) about young men playing football. Put aside the nine-games-are-enough panting in this forum. Perhaps somebody should actually ask the team if they want to 'back into' the playoffs. This year, sure... FH will dominate by choosing the number of games they play.

.... And, with Silver Oak still on the schedule and an open date that they have had forever to fill - it begs the question whether this year is about red-jacketed, oldster bragging rights at the bar or about admin bragging rights at the school - or (heaven forbid) about young men playing football. Put aside the nine-games-are-enough panting in this forum. Perhaps somebody should actually ask the team if they want to 'back into' the playoffs. This year, sure... FH will dominate by choosing the number of games they play.

Glad someone knows more than the coach of a record setting 4 time champion.

Just chill on the 9 game thing until we see what happens. It's been stated here already FH has that 10th game under MPSSAA contract. Me thinks that's what all the waiting is for. I really don't see how the MPSSAA has legs to stand on in regards to dumping a MPSSAA contract between 2 MPSSAA member schools just because Fairmont Heights screwed up royally. Not only did Fairmont Heights double schedule over FH but they didnt bother to even tell them. I hear FH is working that agenda and if they wish to pursue it legally Fairmont is screwed. I think FH in good faith tried to help out and fill the spot with another opponent as evident by their open date posts on open date boards. Since they couldn't fill it with another opponent within reasonable traveling distance they will chose to force the MPSSAA to honor the contract. Someone is going to get screwed in this process. I hope it's true FH lawyered up.

Glad someone knows more than the coach of a record setting 4 time champion.

Just chill on the 9 game thing until we see what happens. It's been stated here already FH has that 10th game under MPSSAA contract. Me thinks that's what all the waiting is for. I really don't see how the MPSSAA has legs to stand on in regards to dumping a MPSSAA contract between 2 MPSSAA member schools just because Fairmont Heights screwed up royally. Not only did Fairmont Heights double schedule over FH but they didnt bother to even tell them. I hear FH is working that agenda and if they wish to pursue it legally Fairmont is screwed. I think FH in good faith tried to help out and fill the spot with another opponent as evident by their open date posts on open date boards. Since they couldn't fill it with another opponent within reasonable traveling distance they will chose to force the MPSSAA to honor the contract. Someone is going to get screwed in this process. I hope it's true FH lawyered up.

First of all, I am not questioning knowledge. I am questioning motive. And second, you are being more than a little disingenuous by suggesting that the MPSSAA is going to change its behavior and make Fairmont Heights honor its contract this year even though Fairmont can't be held personally liable, as I understand. There was a general reshuffling of schedules - convenient or otherwise - making this entire issue screamingly obvious for quite a while.

Let me add that the deed was done, I believe, around 8 months ago - which means the grapevine had the information. The subject only appeared here, again I believe, after a discussion on the subject of scheduling in April with a reference to March. But I ain't buying it - as they say. This 10th game has been a convenient 'bye' for almost a year.

Moreover, look at all the butt covering and dust kicking about FH's remaining strong opponents and the we-don't-need-no-stinkin' 10th game talk. I ain't buying that either.

Then, there is the 'wink and a nod' around post-it notes of open dates as long as nobody has to pay to leave town on either side (figuratively speaking). Certainly, I ain't buying any of that with the apparent affordability of being "lawyered up" as you say.

Fort Hill wants a bye week. Fort Hill gets a bye week. This doesn't change my overall opinion of the program. It's just sad when a practically year old problem isn't settled properly for selfish reasons.

The young athletes are the losers: those looking for more visibility to move on and those looking for slots to move up. Worse yet, the young men only have so many games to play in so many years.

Reactions: towpath94
First of all, I am not questioning knowledge. I am questioning motive. And second, you are being more than a little disingenuous by suggesting that the MPSSAA is going to change its behavior and make Fairmont Heights honor its contract this year even though Fairmont can't be held personally liable, as I understand. There was a general reshuffling of schedules - convenient or otherwise - making this entire issue screamingly obvious for quite a while.

Let me add that the deed was done, I believe, around 8 months ago - which means the grapevine had the information. The subject only appeared here, again I believe, after a discussion on the subject of scheduling in April with a reference to March. But I ain't buying it - as they say. This 10th game has been a convenient 'bye' for almost a year.

Moreover, look at all the butt covering and dust kicking about FH's remaining strong opponents and the we-don't-need-no-stinkin' 10th game talk. I ain't buying that either.

Then, there is the 'wink and a nod' around post-it notes of open dates as long as nobody has to pay to leave town on either side (figuratively speaking). Certainly, I ain't buying any of that with the apparent affordability of being "lawyered up" as you say.

Fort Hill wants a bye week. Fort Hill gets a bye week. This doesn't change my overall opinion of the program. It's just sad when a practically year old problem isn't settled properly for selfish reasons.

The young athletes are the losers: those looking for more visibility to move on and those looking for slots to move up. Worse yet, the young men only have so many games to play in so many years.

You have your opinion and others have theirs. That's fine. With that said I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not reasonable to schedule just anyone to afford 10 games especially if those options are far far away and expensive. Not having that same argument again about cost and travel. It's not our call to make any way.

If FH ends up playing Fairmont or their week 6 opponont Central PG it can be said I told you so. If not a bye week is fine by me for many strategic reasons. Or playing a 1A Fairmont equivalent if one can be found. Winning a state championship is what FH does now. Going for a sole record 5th in a row. It does outweigh everything else by a landslide including a poor kid only getting 13 games instead of 14. Every team is trying to make the playoffs through scheduling, period. It's why FH can't find games period. It's why no one in this area or region will play FH but will play Alco period. If FH has to adopt a similar strategy to navigate this silly stupid playoff set up then excuse them for being smarter than you.

wins and losses + scheduling = playoffs = playoffs positioning and success = state championship

If you don't like that formula fine, but don't bitch about FH. They didnt invent the formula that every one else is also using. And if you are bitching about FH using it then you are likely just tired of seeing FH win state championships. And that's too bad. I'll take another ring and just say thank you.

Last edited:
You have your opinion and others have theirs. That's fine. With that said I couldn't disagree with you more. It's not reasonable to schedule just anyone to afford 10 games especially if those options are far far away and expensive. Not having that same argument again about cost and travel. It's not our call to make any way.

If FH ends up playing Fairmont or their week 6 opponont Central PG it can be said I told you so. If not a bye week is fine by me for many strategic reasons. Or playing a 1A Fairmont equivalent if one can be found. Winning a state championship is what FH does now. Going for a sole record 5th in a row. It does outweigh everything else by a landslide including a poor kid only getting 13 games instead of 14. Every team is trying to make the playoffs through scheduling, period. It's why FH can't find games period. It's why no one in this area or region will play FH but will play Alco period. If FH has to adopt a similar strategy to navigate this silly stupid playoff set up then excuse them for being smarter than you.

wins and losses + scheduling = playoffs = playoffs positioning and success = state championship

If you don't like that formula fine, but don't bitch about FH. They didnt invent the formula that every one else is also using. And if you are bitching about FH using it then you are likely just tired of seeing FH win state championships. And that's too bad. I'll take another ring and just say thank you.

There is no motivation whatsoever for FH to give up a bye the week before Melbourne - so put a muzzle on the mendacity.

Accam's Razor, a problem-solving principle, suggests we should select the answer with the fewest assumptions. When you do this the entire bye before Melbourne stinks. Fort Hill doesn't want a game. Everybody knows it, but I am the only one pointing it out. All the prattle about travel and all the name calling against Northern is what it is: self-serving crap (even crap would say that is crap).

Countless times I have posted that I want Allegany to win homecoming but FH to win the championship because they best represent Cumberland. Try to deny that. My issue is that FH fans in here sometimes act like football 'stage mothers' for championships - players be damned. They would probably starve their own children to death as long as they could starve people they hate along with them.

It's funny watching a handful of folks continually complain about scheduling given the pickle FH is in with scheduling. The jest of the ones complaining (not all) usually ask FH to buck the system and do something most every other school doesn't. Especially at the 1A and 2A level. And that is ignore a playoff system where scheduling is extremely important. One that FH has navigated to be 100% successful these past 4 years. Ironically, it seems to me those people generally have no interest in seeing FH navigate the playoff system in such a way that wins titles. (i.e. they aren't FH people).

There are a small few though, that actually just want to see good games. And I don't disagree. Just find a middle ground somewhere that FH can play a few really good teams but not overload their way into playoff panic. And I think the 2017 FH schedule as it is now is perfect for such.

I am still working overtime on trying to make sure FH gets a 10th game. Never really stopped although once school lets out it's hard to do scheduling since ADs, coaches, etc. don't keep normal summer business hours if at all. The problem is there are no openings for Week 6 anywhere in a 2-3 hour drive. Has been this way since late March when we first found out the FH week 6 opponent had bailed on a contract. I'm not rehashing why FH isn't playing teams from far away like Virginia Beach. If you want to have that argument again go back to the forum archives.

There is no motivation whatsoever for FH to give up a bye the week before Melbourne

There is no one to play. Unless you want to travel far and pay for a hotel.

Hey I know a team in Missouri that has an opening. Let's have a Bull Roast and raise more money. LOL.

It's funny watching a handful of folks continually complain about scheduling given the pickle FH is in with scheduling. The jest of the ones complaining (not all) usually ask FH to buck the system and do something most every other school doesn't. Especially at the 1A and 2A level. And that is ignore a playoff system where scheduling is extremely important. One that FH has navigated to be 100% successful these past 4 years. Ironically, it seems to me those people generally have no interest in seeing FH navigate the playoff system in such a way that wins titles. (i.e. they aren't FH people).

There are a small few though, that actually just want to see good games. And I don't disagree. Just find a middle ground somewhere that FH can play a few really good teams but not overload their way into playoff panic. And I think the 2017 FH schedule as it is now is perfect for such.

I am still working overtime on trying to make sure FH gets a 10th game. Never really stopped although once school lets out it's hard to do scheduling since ADs, coaches, etc. don't keep normal summer business hours if at all. The problem is there are no openings for Week 6 anywhere in a 2-3 hour drive. Has been this way since late March when we first found out the FH week 6 opponent had bailed on a contract. I'm not rehashing why FH isn't playing teams from far away like Virginia Beach. If you want to have that argument again go back to the forum archives.

"....not overload their way into playoff panic. And I think the 2017 FH schedule as it is now is perfect for such." I rest my case and nothing more need be posted on my part other than to state - by your definition - no, I am not FH people.

There is no one to play. Unless you want to travel far and pay for a hotel.

Hey I know a team in Missouri that has an opening. Let's have a Bull Roast and raise more money. LOL.

Maybe you are holding a Bull Roast to pay for being "lawyered up." Nonetheless, you've had almost a year to eliminate a bye before Melbourne. You're not fooling anybody. FH is taking a Kaepernick knee and backing into the playoffs with a 9er. Instead of wasting your time posting to me, why don't you join the FH fan club and rag on Northern some more.

Maybe you are holding a Bull Roast to pay for being "lawyered up." Nonetheless, you've had almost a year to eliminate a bye before Melbourne. You're not fooling anybody. FH is taking a Kaepernick knee and backing into the playoffs with a 9er. Instead of wasting your time posting to me, why don't you join the FH fan club and rag on Northern some more.
too easy :)

FH has had since April to find a replacement.

I would rather rag on Alco since they have become irrelevant. Combining schools would be your only hope. Go play Northern, BW, Frankfort, Williamsport, Southern, Chestnut Ridge, whatever gets you 10 games through the years. You know, teams that are afraid to death of getting pounded by Big Red.

My original comment wasn't meant to re-ignite the MCC conversation, but to say many FH fans don't understand that what you call a "pickle" is actually advantageous. How many public school teams around the state and the country would love to be in a "pickle" where you only have to play the teams you want to play? When the person said FH shouldn't pick up a 10th game because they don't want to "overdo it" shows how confused people are about how high school sports is supposed to work. I'm pretty sure Northwest gets tired of playing Quince Orchard every year, but they don't have an option. And this year they still playing Seneca Valley and Good Counsel. The MATHS, Silver Oak, Capitol Christian mentality of the coaching staff has FH fans believing that it's normal.

Also when you say FH has "navigated" the playoff system. Really? It's that complicated? Every year in the playoffs you get Northern in the first round which is an automatic win and you rest your starters in the 3rd quarter. Then in the state semi-final you get the 1A school from PG County which is barely .500 and you rest your starters in the 3rd quarter. In most of the other divisions in the state the competition gets more difficult as you advance, lol. Is there anybody on this board who couldn't have coached FH to a semi-final win in the last 4 years? I understand you can't change the 1A talent level, but you have to play Silver Oak, CC, etc. year after year just to avoid playing a road playoff game at Boonsboro?

And your final statement is somewhat narrow-minded: "They aren't FH people," I would expect that from other people on this board, but it's disappointing coming from you. Too many times on this board is someone is critical of FH, the immediate response is, "You're a hater." Instead of addressing the commentary on its merits, just spitting out "You're a hater," tells me that person isn't knowledgeable enough to even understand the conversation, which in your case I know isn't the case.

Reactions: Lagmeister
My original comment wasn't meant to re-ignite the MCC conversation, but to say many FH fans don't understand that what you call a "pickle" is actually advantageous. How many public school teams around the state and the country would love to be in a "pickle" where you only have to play the teams you want to play? When the person said FH shouldn't pick up a 10th game because they don't want to "overdo it" shows how confused people are about how high school sports is supposed to work. I'm pretty sure Northwest gets tired of playing Quince Orchard every year, but they don't have an option. And this year they still playing Seneca Valley and Good Counsel. The MATHS, Silver Oak, Capitol Christian mentality of the coaching staff has FH fans believing that it's normal.

Also when you say FH has "navigated" the playoff system. Really? It's that complicated? Every year in the playoffs you get Northern in the first round which is an automatic win and you rest your starters in the 3rd quarter. Then in the state semi-final you get the 1A school from PG County which is barely .500 and you rest your starters in the 3rd quarter. In most of the other divisions in the state the competition gets more difficult as you advance, lol. Is there anybody on this board who couldn't have coached FH to a semi-final win in the last 4 years? I understand you can't change the 1A talent level, but you have to play Silver Oak, CC, etc. year after year just to avoid playing a road playoff game at Boonsboro?

And your final statement is somewhat narrow-minded: "They aren't FH people," I would expect that from other people on this board, but it's disappointing coming from you. Too many times on this board is someone is critical of FH, the immediate response is, "You're a hater." Instead of addressing the commentary on its merits, just spitting out "You're a hater," tells me that person isn't knowledgeable enough to even understand the conversation, which in your case I know isn't the case.

You have a ginormous continual habit of comparing FH with 3A and 4A schools while implying they need to be doing what those schools are doing. Your reply just compared FH to what 4 schools are doing - Quince Orchard, Northwest, Seneca Valley and Good Counsel. Seriously?

FYI...Alco plays Silver Oak, MATHS and CCA too. Now how is this a FH mentality thing again? When MPSSAA schools start playing Alco and FH you will see those small private schools disappear off the schedule.

I've provided a considerable list of teams that refused to play FH even when they had the same open date. 3A and 4A level schools including many from PG County. FH has two MPSSAA schools on the 2017 schedule and those are Alco and MR. All this while I personally banged on every door. I find this a total MPSSAA embarrassment that their record setting 4 time champ has to dig into Canada, Florida, Virginia and privates to get games. And yet somehow you consider this a FH mentality? Wow. Unless you can start providing another solution there is no need to discuss over and over and over this same issue.

FH would much rather be back in a league such as the old CVAL where you get guaranteed games. No one here cares what Quince Orchard and Northwest are doing or what games they must play because they have more people and more schools in their county. FH is required to play all their respective county schools too. Comparing Allegany and PG Counties is stupid on many levels. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
I agree and disagree with both arguments. I agree with TDHelmick in that its silly to compare FH with what other 3A and 4A teams are doing down state especially when FH operates in 1A. On the other hand I see Boyz point where its ridiculous to say FH has to navigate the playoffs when they face Northern or Brunswick or Boonsboro. Their toughest competition is Allegany in the West Division and thats always a home game. This is my point, I think its disingenuous to cry about MPSSAA schools not wanting to play you, when you had a MPSSAA school wanting to play you and instead of jumping at the opportunity you put Middletown on hold for almost a week. Maybe you would have had a 10th game by now if the powers that be didn't drag their feet on a clear win win situation for all parties involved. I still can't wrap my brain around not immediately accepting that invitation. Its my observation that the powers that be always have excuses not to play a game but never can come up with solutions. When opportunities arise FH always seems to balk. Its like stacking the deck against yourself and then crying about the game not being fair. Now FH wants back into the "CVAL"? After cutting their nose off to spite their face? But how bad does FH really want back in b/c last time we discussed this FH had a bunch of stipulations accompanying a request to join.. That would be like me moving in with a friend and telling them how to conduct their household. FH needs the EPAC the EPAC doesn't need FH... Honestly it just seems like another excuse not to join the EPAC. You can say you want to join all you want and then put barriers up to accomplishing that goal ultimately leaving yourself an out. So FH can say "look see we really wanted to join, but it didn't work out 'logistically". How many times have we heard that before? Seriously who wants to deal with all the headache that a FH game seems to bring? Look at the fiasco and drama last yr. surrounding the Sherando game and the possiblity of not playing it on the agreed upon date. The biggest game on FH's schedule and FH can't seem to get out of its own way. Its always something. If I was the EPAC I would say thanks but no thanks...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT