ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about Dunbar yet??

Come on Boyz...

Size wise, the FH line is literally the leanest line it has been in years. It has faced much larger lines this year. It is also the fastest that FH has had in some time.

I’m always amazed how you consistently tout the FH schedule as weak. If that is true playoff contenders in PA and WV must be extremely weak on a consistent basis because FH continues to walk away with victories.

If FH and Dunbar are fortunate to face each other next week, the players will determine the outcome, not any pro FH or anti FH poster.

Peace be with you!

Just for the record, I didn't say the schedule is weak, it's your interpretation that the FH schedule is weak. If I say they play inferior teams that's true, it also could be an acknowledgement of the consistently high quality of the FH program. As a 1A school they are playing a fair schedule. I have stated a fact several times, FH has not scheduled or defeated a Top 25 Maryland school in 10 years. This is a fact, don't be upset if I state the truth, if it's not true please correct me.

Last edited:
But it does allow Cumberland to compete with schools downstate and deliver an occasional sharp stick in the eye to Dunbar who, in fact, has pulled talent from as far away as Joppatowne. Make no mistake, this could be another big year for FH. Dunbar will have to muscle up to win. They will also have to stand in awe of a few 50 yard field goals.

If both Dunbar and FH are fortunate to advance to the finals (nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs) and Dunbar wins I want to see the FH fanbase give the Dunbar players and coaches their credit. They were very upset when Southern made a ridiculous cheating accusation. They should exhibit the same behavior. If you or anyone else has evidence Dunbar has violated any rules please submit the evidence to the MPSSAA.

Dunbar is great. Everyone understands that. I think they are a lot better than the state of Maryland rates them this year. I’m not sure why they don’t prove it by playing a tougher schedule.. They certainly would make the playoffs. They were down the years they were in 2a. They lost to mergenthaler most years and Edmonton west side a lot too. I remember fca beating them by 30 something. The year Fort Hill blew out Kent Island Dunbar barely Got by them and the year they made it to the 2a final against Douglass the announcers were talking about how these were lean years for them and Douglass blew them out. This year they are highly regarded by people in Baltimore. It seems like most fans were not high on fort hill at the beginning of the season. In the last few games fort hill looks like they are going to be tough to beat. Having said that, most fans outside of cumberland will make Dunbar a heavy favorite. If the semi final plays out the way most people think, it will be a great final!.

Reactions: Gr8silverback
Just for the record, I didn't say the schedule is weak, it's your interpretation that the FH schedule is weak. If I say they play inferior teams that's true, it also could be an acknowledgement of the consistently high quality of the FH program. As a 1A school they are playing a fair schedule. I have stated a fact several times, FH has not scheduled or defeated a Top 25 Maryland school in 10 years. This is a fact, don't be upset if I state the truth, if it's not true please correct me.

I am glad that time (10 years) has finally caught up with the annual comment you have made over the last several years. “FH has not scheduled or defeated a Top 25 Maryland School in 10 years.”

I have pointed out to you that you were wrong in past years when you made this statement. Remember MSJ and TJ - FH split with them. Of course, this does not even take into consideration playoff contenders FH has played from PA and WV. It is unfortunate the FH football site is no longer in existence because it was a quality source of information.

Then again, you have stated on multiple occasions over the years the state ratings are not accurate, especially if FH tends to be rated higher than you think the Sentinels should be. That is the truth, and any fair-minded follower on this message board would say the same about you regarding this matter.

Now...what about your statement that FH’s line is larger than other lines it has played this year? I noticed you did not acknowledge the fallacy of your statement when I and others called you out on it.

I will say you have brought good insight to this board over the years, Boyz. At the same time, your anti-FH bias is rather glaring from year to year.

FH is the “program” it is due to the commitment of coaches, players, parents, family members, friends, band, cheerleaders, mascot, FH flag beater, alumni, the community, etc. Anytime you have a “program” with such consistency in winning it becomes the envy of others.

Yes, the same can be said about Dunbar.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
The pizza is way overrated. At best it's priced fairly, but there is absolutely nothing special about the stadium pizza at Greenway.

I will gladly correct you.

You make no sense. FH rarely plays any Maryland teams. But Melbourne was a MD Top 25 team last year as their national ranking was higher than several MD Top 25 teams. So was Friendship. I have just proved your argument as incorrect. FH played two teams just last season who were better than some of the Top 25 MD teams. Go look at their rankings. Because we are talking about rankings are we not? Or do you just want to pick which ranking is legit and which one is not? That's too funny.

All you have to do is answer that simple question. Was Melbourne and Friendship ranked higher nationally than some of the MD Top 25 teams? Just because they were not from Maryland is the same as saying Wise never beat FH. Well dah, they dont play.

Last edited:
The pizza is way overrated. At best it's priced fairly, but there is absolutely nothing special about the stadium pizza at Greenway.
Maybe you got a piece from Alcos concession which isn't Stadium Pizza.. They sell some nasty garbage pizza. Allegany should not be allowed to sell pizza. Visitors hear about this great stadium pizza and if they get it at the wrong concession they are like wtf is this lol..

If both Dunbar and FH are fortunate to advance to the finals (nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs) and Dunbar wins I want to see the FH fanbase give the Dunbar players and coaches their credit. They were very upset when Southern made a ridiculous cheating accusation. They should exhibit the same behavior. If you or anyone else has evidence Dunbar has violated any rules please submit the evidence to the MPSSAA.

When Fort Hill plays Allegany and Fort Hill wins I want to see the Allegany fanbase give the Fort Hill players and coaches their credit.

Reactions: rbg444
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT