ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about Dunbar yet??

Next week pizza, week after comes the real challenge for the sentinels...
HDG has been here many times before, and the last time we beat them two years ago they were hanging with us in the second half. I wouldn't be overconfident. On the other hand, if fh continues to limit the penalties and turnovers as they have the past few weeks it would be tough to beat them.

HDG has been here many times before, and the last time we beat them two years ago they were hanging with us in the second half. I wouldn't be overconfident. On the other hand, if fh continues to limit the penalties and turnovers as they have the past few weeks it would be tough to beat them.
FH threw the ball well, today, too. If they keep that up, they might even be able to hang with Dunbar - at least in the first half. Of course, you're right. They do have HDG to deal with first. I remember a Perryville team a few years ago taking advantage of a sleeping FH team. They came from behind and ended FH's season.

Don’t sleep on Douglass-PG. Dunbar doesn’t have a gimme win. I’d take dunbar if I was betting but like I told my buddy, don’t be shocked if Oakdale gets Dmas, same applies here IMO.

Reactions: Blueandgold45
Too much ball to be played. But can FH compete it will show this weekwnd. This weekend FH will show a glaring weakness in their D that I picked up and Im sure HDG will exploit it as much as the weather will allow.

Too much ball to be played. But can FH compete it will show this weekwnd. This weekend FH will show a glaring weakness in their D that I picked up and Im sure HDG will exploit it as much as the weather will allow.
Let me guess, you're talking about the pass coverage

No you hope they do

Yeah Okay.....
FH 51-8
and the following week FH 30- Dunbar 22

Reactions: redtheperson
Running clock at halftime... better get your pizza by halftime... I'm clearing the joint out.. lmao..

Tho I do remember perryville, this isn't that team.. n Todd isn't going to call a double pass in OT either...

I believe your report about a "glaring weakness" but no way HDG can stop the FH running attack.

Love you, Meth. Always keeping it real!

Talking outta my ass is something I don't do..lol I'm an OG on this board! And...and I know football.

Right now I'm stirring the coffee..but I will give breakdowns later...its only Tuesday

I dont know what "glaring weakness" a defense can have when it's starting members have only given up 29 points in 11 games

So are you saying your defense has no weaknesses? This is the trap people in Cumberland fall into every single year. The teams that you played so far just weren't able to attack the weaknesses. I said all year that this season FH has played a good schedule for a 1A team, but just because you ran over these teams all year doesn't make FH a great team.

So are you saying your defense has no weaknesses? This is the trap people in Cumberland fall into every single year. The teams that you played so far just weren't able to attack the weaknesses. I said all year that this season FH has played a good schedule for a 1A team, but just because you ran over these teams all year doesn't make FH a great team.
Did I say there were no weakness'? No I did not. However I just dont see a "glaring weakness" that he could be referring to

Talking outta my ass is something I don't do..lol I'm an OG on this board! And...and I know football.

Right now I'm stirring the coffee..but I will give breakdowns later...its only Tuesday
Yeah ok so and the big weakness is

If anyone is naive enough to think a 6-2 is an ideal defense to cover the spread they are sadly mistaken. That being said if FH can cover with the LBs and DBs great, honestly the best thing is getting pressure on the QB

If anyone is naive enough to think a 6-2 is an ideal defense to cover the spread they are sadly mistaken. That being said if FH can cover with the LBs and DBs great, honestly the best thing is getting pressure on the QB
Fort hills ends are more like linebackers and can cover

Did I say there were no weakness'? No I did not. However I just dont see a "glaring weakness" that he could be referring to

You don't see it because you've been playing inferior teams all year. Your line is bigger than every team this season so the weaknesses are covered up. Then when you finally run into a team with equal talent you can't understand why you can't just run the ball every down like you do against Mountain Ridge. But most FH fans don't say we lost to a better team, you say we lost because Dunbar recruits (although you have zero evidence that they do).

You don't see it because you've been playing inferior teams all year. Your line is bigger than every team this season so the weaknesses are covered up. Then when you finally run into a team with equal talent you can't understand why you can't just run the ball every down like you do against Mountain Ridge. But most FH fans don't say we lost to a better team, you say we lost because Dunbar recruits (although you have zero evidence that they do).
Boyz I'm in the minority and I not only agree with what you are saying but have said it myself. Do you not also agree that if you prepare an entire year to face Dunbar in the final the same way you did last year and make no changes at all you are basically saying "it's going to be different this year" even though it hasn't been the three(I think that's correct)times this staff has faced Dunbar. While the rest of the world sits back and says "you will lose again, you are too stubborn for your own good, and you don't learn from your past experiences". I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I wouldn't bet a $1 on it.

The line is bigger come on now thats stretching things a bit. And i wouldnt say Morgantown or Hollidaysburg are inferior.

Reactions: Waggle Pass

Come on Boyz...

Size wise, the FH line is literally the leanest line it has been in years. It has faced much larger lines this year. It is also the fastest that FH has had in some time.

I’m always amazed how you consistently tout the FH schedule as weak. If that is true playoff contenders in PA and WV must be extremely weak on a consistent basis because FH continues to walk away with victories.

Regarding throwing the football...when doing so, FH has been rather successful. Will FH always be a run first team? Absolutely, but FH can throw the ball if that is the desire.

Time will tell if FH can play with Dunbar. I don’t think FH or Dunbar should overlook this week’s opponents, and I am 100% certain Coach APPEL and Coach SMITH will not allow that to happen.

If FH and Dunbar are fortunate to face each other next week, the players will determine the outcome, not any pro FH or anti FH poster.

Peace be with you!

Boyznblue im sensing some hostility, maybe your a Allegany fan. If you are you have my condolences. This was not supposed to be a great fort hill team this year. Just face the facts. Fort hill has a amazing coaching staff. Coach Appel has won 90 percent of his games. Fort hill year in and year out has the toughest schedule in the area too. If you look at calpreps, fort hill opponents have won more games than any other 1a school also. It’s a great time to be a fort hill fan. Hop on the bandwagon!!

Southern, Hollidaysburg and Morgantown had a huge size advantage on the OL/DL. FH has one Big OL #72. The other Tackle may be 240 lbs. One G is 5’5” and the other is a converted TE/RB.

However, I think they’ve been superior to every line they’ve faced this season, except for the Loyola game, which was canceled, and the 1st Southern game. Since Southern part 1, the OL and DL have been dominant. Including and especially in Southern part 2.

Reactions: Gr8silverback

Well, we shall soon see if the bulk of Cumberland football talent can beat Dunbar this year.

Southern, Hollidaysburg and Morgantown had a huge size advantage on the OL/DL. FH has one Big OL #72. The other Tackle may be 240 lbs. One G is 5’5” and the other is a converted TE/RB.

However, I think they’ve been superior to every line they’ve faced this season, except for the Loyola game, which was canceled, and the 1st Southern game. Since Southern part 1, the OL and DL have been dominant. Including and especially in Southern part 2.

Some of those lines FH faced could hardly move. They were sucking wind just getting on and off the field.

Some of those lines FH faced could hardly move. They were sucking wind just getting on and off the field.

The only game where the linemen of the opponent was sucking wind was the Morgantown game. But size wise, FH is on average smaller than most of their opponents this year. Size is just one factor but other areas can compensate for that such as speed, strength, technique, execution and work ethic. Also, the running backs making due on their blocking assignments after the Southern 1 game have helped he overall offensive production.

The only game where the linemen of the opponent was sucking wind was the Morgantown game. But size wise, FH is on average smaller than most of their opponents this year. Size is just one factor but other areas can compensate for that such as speed, strength, technique, execution and work ethic. Also, the running backs making due on their blocking assignments after the Southern 1 game have helped he overall offensive production.

Sure, if the opponents are big... or maybe just fat.... then sure. All I saw were the home games on vid. FH, in particular the line, were not over achievers. They were the product of the best players with a supremely deep bench for any 1A school, even Dunbar.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Your typical 1A school does not have nearly 50 varsity players.

But it does allow Cumberland to compete with schools downstate and deliver an occasional sharp stick in the eye to Dunbar who, in fact, has pulled talent from as far away as Joppatowne. Make no mistake, this could be another big year for FH. Dunbar will have to muscle up to win. They will also have to stand in awe of a few 50 yard field goals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT