According to CalPreps

MARYLAND
Quince Orchard favored by 7 over North Point
Linganore favored by 10 over Franklin
Oakdale favored by 10 over Glenelg
Fort Hill favored by 25 over Frederick Douglass PG

WEST VIRGINIA
Martinsburg favored by 4 over Spring Valley
Fairmont Senior favored by 5 over Bluefield (Game of the Week)
Wheeling Central favored by 21 over Williamstown

Massey Ratings has Fort Hill score 26-7 with an 89% chance of winning

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
Linganore lost 17-14. Sounds like it was a halluva game
watched the whole thing, it was not pretty to watch. franklins qb has without a doubt the worst mechanics of any qb i think i've ever seen. they continuously had him throwing over the middle and he would overthrow by about 10 ft. his best passes were into linganore's db's numbers...they caught a few and dropped a few. he hit a couple long balls but it looked like an accident. linganore is going to be kicking themselves for a long time. before the game winning field goal they gave away a 4th and 1 with an encroachment penalty that gave franklin five free yards making the field goal even easier.

watched the whole thing, it was not pretty to watch. franklins qb has without a doubt the worst mechanics of any qb i think i've ever seen. they continuously had him throwing over the middle and he would overthrow by about 10 ft. his best passes were into linganore's db's numbers...they caught a few and dropped a few. he hit a couple long balls but it looked like an accident. linganore is going to be kicking themselves for a long time. before the game winning field goal they gave away a 4th and 1 with an encroachment penalty that gave franklin five free yards making the field goal even easier.
This game was like watching 2 teams saying I don’t want this, you take it. No I don’t want it, you take it.

FH wins 35-0. Douglas defense makes them drive the field every series. But doesn’t stop them. FH’s defense won’t give up a score.

For those of you taking the charter bus; go ahead and reschedule them for the next 2 years. The Class of 2020 returns 4 of 5 starting OL. Snyder will rush for about 2000 yards next season. The Class of 2021 will have the biggest and best OL I’ve ever seen at FH. There are 3 kids with D1 Interior OL potential in that class. And the other 2 could play D2. Go Big Red!!

FH wins 35-0. Douglas defense makes them drive the field every series. But doesn’t stop them. FH’s defense won’t give up a score.

For those of you taking the charter bus; go ahead and reschedule them for the next 2 years. The Class of 2020 returns 4 of 5 starting OL. Snyder will rush for about 2000 yards next season. The Class of 2021 will have the biggest and best OL I’ve ever seen at FH. There are 3 kids with D1 Interior OL potential in that class. And the other 2 could play D2. Go Big Red!!
I think it will be a blowout too.. I have it 38-6 or @ worst 24-6.. I hope that Im wrong and we have a good game but I dont see it.. I also agree with the kids coming up. I said with the talent coming up, I could coach them to a State Championship...

Reactions: Red White and True
Definitely. They also gave the ball away from the goaline, just before the half.

One of the things I have not been able to measure accurately with Douglass after watching video is how quick and athletic they might be. Maybe the teams they were playing had speed too. That could be something FH has never seen and would be the difference.

The first two games have been one score games. I can't remember the last time that has happened. The Franklin/Linganore game was not pretty to watch. Way too many mistakes by both teams. I agree with everything above stated about that game.

North Point/Quince Orchard game had a couple of changing moments in it. NP not scoring when the game was tied at 13 and giving up a quick long pass to get QO in their territory immediately changed that game. QO scored before the half and then got the ball to start the second half. They scored TD's both possessions and a 13-13 game quickly became 27-13 QO.

The second time momentum changed quickly was when North Point QB fumbled and QO defensive line #88 I believe it was scouped it and scored to make it 33-13. I think if NP could of scored and make it 27-20 it could have gone different for them. Hats off to #15 for Quince Orchard. He is a beast.

Hopefully the two games tomorrow are as good as the last two. Good luck to Fort Hill tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT