ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Valley snaps Martinsburg's 57-game win streak

maybe coaching matters. I’m talking to you lag. It’s not always about the athletes

maybe coaching matters. I’m talking to you lag. It’s not always about the athletes

"with multiple offensive linemen standing over 6-foot-6, and two tight ends over 6-4, Spring Valley had size that would be the envy of some college teams, and the Timberwolves used it on Friday night."

With multiple D1 lineman I think you picked the wrong game to make a coaches versus athletes argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
I don’t think so. Spring Valley was loaded last year also and got destroyed by Martinsburg. It’s the coaching. There will be more close games and losses for Martinsburg in the future

Ugh.... didn't I post that Appel should have been down on the field to get his team together and prevent that last horrific loss. It was a coaching loss. Also, remember that I believe Appel has done more than enough for Cumberland to still be at FH.... and get another shot at the championship.

I don’t think so. Spring Valley was loaded last year also and got destroyed by Martinsburg. It’s the coaching. There will be more close games and losses for Martinsburg in the future
1. Martinsburg and Spring Valley didn’t play last year. Martinsburg player Cabell Midland in the state championship game last year and blew them out.
2. Martinsburg replaced their whole line last year meanwhile Spring Valley has 3, potentially 4 D1 lineman. Coaching was not an issue here.
3. Martinsburg only returned 5 starters from last years team and this years squad is inexperienced This includes 2 freshman and 1 sophomore, all on the defensive side on the ball and it is once in a blue moon Martinsburg starts freshman.

Reactions: bigsavage
1. Martinsburg and Spring Valley didn’t play last year. Martinsburg player Cabell Midland in the state championship game last year and blew them out.
2. Martinsburg replaced their whole line last year meanwhile Spring Valley has 3, potentially 4 D1 lineman. Coaching was not an issue here.
3. Martinsburg only returned 5 starters from last years team and this years squad is inexperienced This includes 2 freshman and 1 sophomore, all on the defensive side on the ball and it is once in a blue moon Martinsburg starts freshman.

I was going to make a similar reply. Then I figured why bother. After reading his "Spring Valley was loaded last year also and got destroyed by Martinsburg" comment. I figured he already knew everything.. LOL:rolleyes:

Reactions: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Welcome to what most every high school has to deal with. Not every coach can have a loaded roster year after year.

Yes you are correct. Martinsburg destroyed Spring Valley in 2018 31 to 7. . Do you really believe that Martinsburg has been loaded with talent that they don’t have now throughout their entire domination in West Virginia. I can assure you that they had young teams before. When you dominate like Fort Hill in Martinsburg have it’s the coaches period. I have witnessed this so many times in so many sports.

You guys on here crack me up. You come up with the stupidest arguments. Spring Valley with all of these phenomenal athletes got beat last year by cabel Midland something like 30 to nothing or 40 to nothing. They weren’t even good enough to play Martinsburg in the finals.. now that Martinsburg lost their incredible coach the team is young and Spring Valley is as good as the university ofAlabama. Hilarious. I need to get on here more often.

You guys on here crack me up. You come up with the stupidest arguments. Spring Valley with all of these phenomenal athletes got beat last year by cabel Midland something like 30 to nothing or 40 to nothing. They weren’t even good enough to play Martinsburg in the finals.. now that Martinsburg lost their incredible coach the team is young and Spring Valley is as good as the university ofAlabama. Hilarious. I need to get on here more often.

I'm curious to know. Do you think Spring Valley beat Martinsburg without having the athletes to do it? Your coaching argument would be better suited if say Martinsburg lost to Berkeley Springs, Petersburg or any other team with a clear disadvantage. Not a team equally if not better equiped in athletes. They have 3 D1 lineman. This is basic common sense and is why its pointless to argue.

Last year all I heard was Martinsburg is head and tails better than everybody else because of the athletes they had. You can look it up. They lost a great coach. Spring Valley is probably a little better than they were last year too. Martinsburg will not be as dominant as they have been in the past just like Fort Hill was not as good last year when they lost two great coaches. Now they have lost three great coaches. I am sure Fourhill and Martinsburg will still be great. It’s very unlikely they will be as dominant as in the past

Last year all I heard was Martinsburg is head and tails better than everybody else because of the athletes they had
. You can look it up. They lost a great coach. Spring Valley is probably a little better than they were last year too. Martinsburg will not be as dominant as they have been in the past just like Fort Hill was not as good last year when they lost two great coaches. Now they have lost three great coaches. I am sure Fourhill and Martinsburg will still be great. It’s very unlikely they will be as dominant as in the past

"Last year all I heard was Martinsburg is head and tails better than everybody else because of the athletes they had"

You do realize this isn't last year? This time last year the US didn't have any reported cases of coronavirus. In case no one has told you, things tend to change from year to year. I mean seriously, I can't believe I'm entertaining this conversation.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I am entertaining it either. The coronavirus has no bearing on who wins a football game. Once the game starts it depends on the players and coaches.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT