ADVERTISEMENT

Southern vs Fort Hill part 2

Redwhite90

Varsity Poster
Oct 17, 2017
Might as well get this started. I for one, am excited to see a rematch of this very close game. Both 2 good defenses. Both have strong lines. I think it could be close again.

FH has a chip on their shoulder now. I don’t think it’ll be close. The Sentinels have something to prove

Reactions: Waggle Pass
FH's #26 looks to have hurt his shoulder. Not good.
This is why no matter how small you are when you are blowing people out you put your backups in and let them get experience. As many people have pointed out there are a lot of people on the fh sidelines that could play at most other 1a schools, so there should be no excuses going forward re: injuries...26's backup could have easily played in at least half the games they had this year.

Reactions: camper21502
This is why no matter how small you are when you are blowing people out you put your backups in and let them get experience. As many people have pointed out there are a lot of people on the fh sidelines that could play at most other 1a schools, so there should be no excuses going forward re: injuries...26's backup could have easily played in at least half the games they had this year.
A running clock is more important to Appel... We keep saying it's gonna cost him one of these times but he has alot of depth so he doesn't care.

A running clock is more important to Appel... We keep saying it's gonna cost him one of these times but he has alot of depth so he doesn't care.
FH final touchdown to get the clock running was scored by a back up. In fact the skill positions were all back ups. 2nd quarter was a lot of second team offense, 3rd quarter was a lot of second team defense. Oh well, every alco fan finds something to bitch about.

I'm like lags, I'm old too. But, back in the summer , didn't I read some one say Allegany would finish 500 at best and not make the playoffs. I think someone took offense to that prediction and argued adamantly.

Well, Allegany did not finish 500 and did not get in the playoffs.

Yet reality refuses to set in with Camper21502. Oh, it's true, it's true.

FH final touchdown to get the clock running was scored by a back up. In fact the skill positions were all back ups. 2nd quarter was a lot of second team offense, 3rd quarter was a lot of second team defense. Oh well, every alco fan finds something to bitch about.
Not to sure what players your talking about but I seen Powell running the ball in the 4th qtr. up 31-0.. The QB was still playing in the 4th until he took a big hit and then came out.. The Sentinels backups could play with Alco so why risk it?

I'm like lags, I'm old too. But, back in the summer , didn't I read some one say Allegany would finish 500 at best and not make the playoffs. I think someone took offense to that prediction and argued adamantly.

Well, Allegany did not finish 500 and did not get in the playoffs.

Yet reality refuses to set in with Camper21502. Oh, it's true, it's true.
You might wanna go back and look at those posts.. I said Alco looks like a 5-5 team...

Not to sure what players your talking about but I seen Powell running the ball in the 4th qtr. up 31-0.. The QB was still playing in the 4th until he took a big hit and then came out.. The Sentinels backups could play with Alco so why risk it?
42 and 25 were the backup offense in for pretty much the whole game and I don’t know the defensive numbers but I can give the starting numbers that were on in the 3rd and they were 1,34,11,35,44. That’s leaves 6 spots filled by backups

You might wanna go back and look at those posts.. I said Alco looks like a 5-5 team...

Yes I see Alco going 7-3 I cant see them winning @ Dunbar without Robinette who dominated the Poets last yr.
FH has a few interesting games this yr. but they somehow managed to get 8 games at home which should help. They will go 9-1 @ worst 8-2
Southern is the team to watch. They will battle my Campers for the #2 spot They will be a playoff team for sure.. At best 9-1 @ worst 7-3
I have Northern ahead of Mt.Ridge due to Coaching but I dont expect much from either school. I would be shocked if one of these schools win more than 6 games.. Huskies 5-5 Miners 4-6
for anyone following this thread, please look at the post from over the summer in the "local H.S. football is almost back".

42 and 25 were the backup offense in for pretty much the whole game and I don’t know the defensive numbers but I can give the starting numbers that were on in the 3rd and they were 1,34,11,35,44. That’s leaves 6 spots filled by backups
Playing on the home turf, and eliminating at least half the penalties they had in Oakland, FH can easily wins by 4 touchdowns...keeping composure will be the key to eliminating those penalties.

Im not gonna go back and watch the game. I take your word for it. I just dont understand how you leave some of your best players in the game that late with a huge lead risking injuries.

Reactions: hbpass2

I posted that Alco should have gotten out of playing Dunbar.... Hell, I've posted for a couple years now that they should drop FH. When a school is getting the bulk of the talent in football why play them twice since FH always gets in the playoffs.... well, at least this year it isn't a worry. (I think I recently predicted Alco would be out of football in 5 years.)

for anyone following this thread, please look at the post from over the summer in the "local H.S. football is almost back".
LMAO you FH guys are pretty funny.. I think he's doing a good job with what he has to work with just like Carr does every year with Northern. Last week I was thinking this Camper team looks like a 5-5/6-4 team and yesterday pretty much confirms it. Can they make the playoffs if they go 6-3??? Im not sure they would have enough points with a 9 game schedule. If this team could just reach the playoffs, I would consider this season a huge success.. This is the worst Camper team they have had in awhile. We haven't seen a QB this bad at Alco in yrs. His accuracy and vision is way way off.. He will throw as many ints as tds for sure. This kid is a good ball player though on defense he makes several big plays. The o-line are all new except for Preaskorn who has yet to play dealing with an injury. It's a good thing he's a beast of a player because they need guys like him bad.. Our lines are getting destroyed on both sides of the ball.. Our backs are fighting hard for every yd. Wingate has the speed to score from anywhere on the field but they are all over him before he can get wide.. Welsh has to work very hard for 2-3 yds and gets way too many carries when it's shutdown. Powell shows he has what it takes to be a good rb but they refuse to use him. We hold our breath every kickoff hoping they dont run it back for a score. Special teams is so bad that now we either squib kick it or do an onside kick. Injuries are now a huge concern due to our small roster. I actually counted more cheerleaders than players yesterday. This is gonna be a long season if we don't get our S together...
So yeah I thought they would be a 7-3 type of team with some of the talent they had coming up but it's clear they lost more than what they gained and my opinion changed after watching 2 games.. The season then went pretty much as I expected it to go.

And with his team hopelessly out of it late in the game as FH was subbing, Hansel kept his starters in till the last second. I know Alco had little depth, but why not give those reserves they did have a chance to play in a Homecoming game?

Reactions: cumbfanatic
And with his team hopelessly out of it late in the game as FH was subbing, Hansel kept his starters in till the last second. I know Alco had little depth, but why not give those reserves they did have a chance to play in a Homecoming game?
I agree but usually the team getting shut out never takes their starters out although in a HS homecoming game they should..

This post is about Southern and Fort Hill. Stay on topic.

Reactions: RedPride97
Muh wutabout! I thought you were better than that. And please explain what a like has to do with going off topic?

So anyway...the Southern v Fort Hill game...

Has anyone requested that the Red Huddle fanatics not sit on the away side and antagonize the visiting team like they did last week with Mountain Ridge?
Yeah, this really needs to stop. I sit on the away side, because I don't care for the nastiness of many FH supporters. If you're going to shout obscenities, please stay on your side of the field.

If you recall several years ago, we didn't appreciate the Dunbar knuckleheads taunting us on our side during the championship game. It's inappropriate and just plain childish.

Exactly!! Its ridiculous the kids are playing a game showing great sportsmanship, then there are "adults" acting like that. Absolutely the worst sportsmanship. Someone from FH should tell them to stop as they are representing the school and the town in the worst way. What an embarrassment and horrible representation of the school

Reactions: camper21502

Has anyone requested that the Red Huddle fanatics not sit on the away side and antagonize the visiting team like they did last week with Mountain Ridge?
Been going on for yrs. I dont look for it to change anytime soon.. I believe some of these guys get drunk before the game.

I'm going to assume a background check isn't needed for members or their spouses

we aren't talking about your normal everyday rail bird here

Should they feel welcome.

Although this thread has been somewhat hijacked by this subject of fan behavior, I'm somewhat glad that it has. Often because the only interaction that many opposing fans have with FH fans is what they hear and see on the opposing bleachers during the game. It's good to know that the small group of ignorant people are not indicative of how the entire FH fans behave or believe. I am a fan that enjoys the sights and sounds of the game ON the field without hearing an idiot banter all game long, whether they be for or against the team I am supporting.

I can be bad here but not in the visitor bleachers. I agree, go sit on the home side if your going to act this way. Unfortunately I have seen this from the same person or persons at pee wee games.

Getting back on topic.

FH is pissed off, hitting on all cylinders, and playing on a dry field. FH by 3 TDS

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Getting back on topic.

FH is pissed off, hitting on all cylinders, and playing on a dry field. FH by 3 TDS
If FH can throw the ball like they did against Allegany, then I agree that they'll win by 21. Otherwise, I see Southern upsetting the Sentinels 14-10. Especially if #26 is out due to a shoulder injury.

If FH can throw the ball like they did against Allegany, then I agree that they'll win by 21. Otherwise, I see Southern upsetting the Sentinels 14-10. Especially if #26 is out due to a shoulder injury.
Losing 26 could hurt but I could see #24 from the JV team replacing him. If you’ve seen 24 play then you’ll be excited to see what he could do!

There is no possible way the Southern defense backs are as bad as Alleganys. Alcos defense backs look completely confused all year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT