ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Rams HELMET GATE

On a joking side, if all this is true I am very disappointed in the FH coaching staff. Not because they cheated, but because they still have their QB running to the sideline to get the play call. Idiots, they can't even cheat properly. LOL.

Excellence of execution

Can we get some real names? Seen apples name a lot in this thread even though he’s the accused. Brian, you said you listened to the tape. Who was the southern coach?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
This is too good to be true, but the Southern Coach has already started this. Anyone who watches Fort Hill from the FH side realizes that Fort Hill sets up in their defense before the opposing team breaks their huddle. When they come out, Apple calls for adjustments to the sideline coaches who in turn signal into the defense. That's all he has on tape. Poor little coach N got his feelings hurt because he lost the one game that he felt that he deserved to win. There won't be a next time because he has already stated that he will not honor next year's contract. Let's be honest, he never did intend to play Fort Hill during the season after this year because this is the year that he felt that he had a chance to win. My question is why was the Southern film crew so close to Fort Hill's coaching staff that they could hear and record what they were saying?

Now here's why I'm laughing so hard that my side hurts. Coach N sent tapes, to include the sound tracks of Appel to all of Fort Hill's opponents. One of those being Alco. So now not only does Alco have film of Southern but they have a film of Southern with Coach Apple pointing out their tendencies. Great work Coach!!!! Go put one on them Alco!!!

The funniest part is that you were in here last week blaming the crown in the field and a southern graduate ref as conspiracy as to why the score was so close. Now you dismiss outright any allegations the other way.

The funniest part is that you were in here last week blaming the crown in the field and a southern graduate ref as conspiracy as to why the score was so close. Now you dismiss outright any allegations the other way.
Oh please, I've spoken with people who have seen the video evidence and they have said that anyone who knows coaching knows that the things in that video are totally normal

What's even more pathetic is that Hansel would actually run with this bullshit. Like we get it we all knew how Southern would handle that loss, but for Hansel to run with this whole FH cheating thing just kinda shows what kinda man he is. At the end of the day the FH players are 16-18 year old kids, and to berate them with false allegations of cheating simply because they won a football game is just f****** disgraceful for all that are involved in these allegations

So your going to take the word from someone that just made an account to post on this topic? Even if it's true if roles were reversed I guarantee you Appel would do the same to Hansel.. Didn't FH accuse Alco of attempting to cheat with the whole gameplan garbage last yr? Besides we dont know what's on the tape. There might not even be a tape. We are just going by rumors.

Reactions: OneRing
Oh please, I've spoken with people who have seen the video evidence and they have said that anyone who knows coaching knows that the things in that video are totally normal
'I heard from somebody!' Not a strong source.

Besides, as the president has taught us, anything using unnamed sources is not trustworthy.

Yes it is true. I have read a few inaccuracies here but the jest of it is correct. Southern is convinced FH uses listening devices in the players helmets based on their own game film. The question the accusation raises with me is that it is absolutely impossible to conceal something like this between 16 FH coaches on staff and over 50 teenage kids on the roster. They all have to lie to make this work. The idea that the entire FH coaching staff is involved in a lie of this nature with a team of teenage kids is really, really, really a massive reach. I would love to be a fly on the wall to witness FH coaches instructing their kids they were putting a listening device in their helmet and to not tell anyone. Kids twitter everything the way social media works...to which I can already see multiple area coaches scrambling through the internet to make this true. I can't believe I am actually discussing this to be honest. Let's just say that if anything like this did happen, there is no question the beans would be spilled.

I have good relationships with some of the Southern folks and I have been forthright with my opinion to them directly. My biggest disappointment isn't that the complaint was filed with the MPSSAA but that Southern went and shared it with FH opponents among others. If they wanted to file the complaint, which is still absurd to me, that is one thing. But to slander FH based on an opinion without due process was some pretty low down vindictive stuff. Extremely unprofessional and absolutely a legal issue. This wasn't the only complaint. There are several that are less severe in nature and quite possibly true but still a non-stop list of adults crying over a high school football outcome.

Not everyone has the same opinion and that that shouldn't keep people from respecting one another. I have seen the video and I see nothing that makes this allegation fact outside of an opinion. Even if one believes that FH has a listening device in helmets, making it sound like fact and handing it out to a large array of others was really bad decision that is irreversible. I can see where a person watching the video might make such an assumption but I also know the way FH calls their audibles, which is miles ahead of the antiquated coaching technique of getting in a defensive huddle and calling the defense. FH calls their defensive movements on the fly before the snap. It's extremely impressive. Also know that kids react on the snap. Just because a coach yells BLITZ THE QB after the ball is snapped, the kid is already blitzing the QB because he watched the same film and has already been coached into reading the formation. Again, I am very disappointed mostly in the slander without due process, whether the report is true or false. This incident is sure to only generate more hate and a product that isn't good for the students.

The can of worms has been opened now and there is no closing it unfortunately. Embarrassing to say the least.

On a joking side, if all this is true I am very disappointed in the FH coaching staff. Not because they cheated, but because they still have their QB running to the sideline to get the play call. Idiots, they can't even cheat properly. LOL.

"But to slander FH based on an opinion without due process was some pretty low down vindictive stuff"
- Sadly, isn't that how the country rolls today?

Well I don't kow what you know per say about kids actions. I heard there was mud in the locker room and some kids scuffed the Rams gym floor with cleats. If true they should absolutEly be dealt with. But an adult coach yelling these things at opposing kids is anothere animal. But for now it's all hearsay. Yet quite entertaining I must say.

If any of you Facebook Follies are snooping here, go back to your me page and stick with posting pictures of your kids, pets and what you had for breakfast. The heat in this forum kitchen ain't for you. Look away LOL.

"If any of you Facebook Follies are snooping here, go back to your me page and stick with posting pictures of your kids, pets and what you had for breakfast. The heat in this forum kitchen ain't for you. Look away LOL." - Nice.

Just in from Live Leak: Robert Mueller plans to subpoena all FH players and coaches. And an indictment is forthcoming. Apparently, Putin is a BIG RED fan. Who knew? First the election and now the FH vs Southern game. These damned Russians must have hacked the headsets.

Reactions: 4R341 and wvbossman
Southern is a one and done type of program. They won't be worth squat the next 5 years in football so evryone can sure as hell bet that FH and Southern won't be playing again. Like a good Garrett County schoOL they can just drive to Cumberland in the first round of the playoffs and get a running clock for their seniors last game as a Ram.

I used to feel for poor old Southern during their stretch of never winning a game. But now I can see it was all a ploy by their AD and coach to avoid FH. Even though FH took full mercy on them durung those years. If they dont return the game next year the county shouldnt play them in any sport. They should be embarrassed.

Last edited:
FOUR WAY HEADSET CONVERSATION REVEALED

Larry: Excuse me, but what the hell's going on out here?

Crash Davis: Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. Is that about right? We're dealing with a lot of shit.

Larry: Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two! Go get 'em.

Cumberland football fans: Are you'll really surprised this shit came from Southern? Isn't this the same Southern coaches who "physically assaulted" an Allegany player last year?

Reactions: Red White and True
October 18th, 2018 by WCBC Radio

WCBC has been working on a story in the past week that alleges the Fort Hill high school football team used direct radio communication to align its defense in the Sentinels 16-9 victory two weeks ago over Southern in Oakland. The accusation is coming from Southern which has game video that seems to have a Fort Hill coach calling defensive sets within one or two seconds of the snap of the football. In this case, direct radio communication would be using technology similar to that used by NFL teams to communicate plays from the sideline to the quarterback, with a radio receiver in the helmet. The allegation is that Fort Hill coaches were able to read the Southern offensive set, and then call the best defense to stop plays run from that set from whatever formation was shifted to just before the snap. National high school rules prohibit the use of such technology. WCBC has the video and is having it analyzed by those with coaching experience both on staff, and outside of the station. So far, mixed reviews. Indications are that other coaches on Fort Hill's schedule also have the video for their review. Southern is reserving comment until there is a ruling from the MPSSAA. Fort Hill is next in action Saturday afternoon and WCBC will bring you that game live as part of our high school football coverage on our FM station

October 18th, 2018 by WCBC Radio

WCBC has been working on a story in the past week that alleges the Fort Hill high school football team used direct radio communication to align its defense in the Sentinels 16-9 victory two weeks ago over Southern in Oakland. The accusation is coming from Southern which has game video that seems to have a Fort Hill coach calling defensive sets within one or two seconds of the snap of the football. In this case, direct radio communication would be using technology similar to that used by NFL teams to communicate plays from the sideline to the quarterback, with a radio receiver in the helmet. The allegation is that Fort Hill coaches were able to read the Southern offensive set, and then call the best defense to stop plays run from that set from whatever formation was shifted to just before the snap. National high school rules prohibit the use of such technology. WCBC has the video and is having it analyzed by those with coaching experience both on staff, and outside of the station. So far, mixed reviews. Indications are that other coaches on Fort Hill's schedule also have the video for their review. Southern is reserving comment until there is a ruling from the MPSSAA. Fort Hill is next in action Saturday afternoon and WCBC will bring you that game live as part of our high school football coverage on our FM station
If WCBC does release the story, I hope they have all their bases covered and their ducks in a row because their will be strong blowback.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
WCBC did just release the story (of which I was very surprised). Other then that it is opinions about what varying people see on video. I don't see any thing identifying the accusation in the video without question. You would have to show me the devices at this point and multiple admittance from a FH player and/or coach to validate anything. It's so absurd to be honest that I can't believe it is being discussed. There are no devices in the helmets. Trust me on this one. It's stupid.

I'd ask if you are really surprised by this but I know you are just poking...I appreciate you calling out the bias.

Now that the wireless option plan has been discovered, the FH Coaching Staff I'm sure is going to switch to satellite communication relays to ensure constant communications with the players....still haven't solved calling offensive plays but the US Space Command has been put on alert to assist.

Now that the wireless option plan has been discovered, the FH Coaching Staff I'm sure is going to switch to satellite communication relays to ensure constant communications with the players....still haven't solved calling offensive plays but the US Space Command has been put on alert to assist.
I sure hope they discover it soon because up the middle, run right, run left must be very complicated to get just right!

Not sure if anyone knew how close this story was to being in places like the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun and then some. The MPSSAA decision seems to have closed the BS the media loves to stir. Because the accusation was news, the truth is not. Today's news doesn't report, they slant to sell a product and the product is news. Clicks are money so readers are just as guilty.

What happened to all the evidence against the Southern coach using slurs at FH players?

What happened to all the evidence against the Southern coach using slurs at FH players?
The coach in question is Tim Foley, former Alco coach. The same coach who had personal issues with some of the new Alco staff memebers. No racial slurs but a barrage of foul obsenities to the FH players.

FH has lawyered up but has nothing to do with Alco. This thing won't just disappear.

Also questions about the press box roof at Southern and why it could not be fixed in a reasonable time. Is it now fixed for Alco game? I don't know.

Also questions about the press box roof at Southern and why it could not be fixed in a reasonable time. Is it now fixed for Alco game? I don't know.

So where's the evidence?
And what questions about the roof? There is no law requiring rooftop access for coaches. Or any kind of press box for that matter. Not sure what that has to do with the unfounded accusations against Foley.

So where's the evidence?
And what questions about the roof? There is no law requiring rooftop access for coaches. Or any kind of press box for that matter. Not sure what that has to do with the unfounded accusations against Foley.
The same place the unfounded accusations of a listening device in the helmet evidence is. On video.

Not sure if anyone knew how close this story was to being in places like the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun and then some. The MPSSAA decision seems to have closed the BS the media loves to stir. Because the accusation was news, the truth is not. Today's news doesn't report, they slant to sell a product and the product is news. Clicks are money so readers are just as guilty.

Shit, a FH player hurt his leg a few years back and Yahoo news picked up on the ridiculous accusations from local fans that an opposing player did it on purpose. The media loves unfounded accusations, but so does Fort Hill, as long as it's not them being accused.

Shit, a FH player hurt his leg a few years back and Yahoo news picked up on the ridiculous accusations from local fans that an opposing player did it on purpose. The media loves unfounded accusations, but so does Fort Hill, as long as it's not them being accused.
That Brunswick kid did do it on purpose. Only an anti-FH-at-all-costs person like you disagrees. Unfortunately, there are too many "you's" out there.

That Brunswick kid did do it on purpose. Only an anti-FH-at-all-costs person like you disagrees. Unfortunately, there are too many "you's" out there.
See. Without any proof the SJWs 'know' for sure that the Brunswick did it, yet they blast Southern for not having any proof. You can see why you're laughed at right?

See. Without any proof the SJWs 'know' for sure that the Brunswick did it, yet they blast Southern for not having any proof. You can see why you're laughed at right?
The proof was in the video. I saw it with my own two eyes. You are choosing to not see it because of your contempt for FH.

So, climb off your self-righteous pedestal and and take off your FH hate shades, for a change. Jealousy is very unflattering.

The proof was in the video. I saw it with my own two eyes. You are choosing to not see it because of your contempt for FH.

So, climb off your self-righteous pedestal and and take off your FH hate shades, for a change. Jealousy is very unflattering.
Saw it with your biased eyes, sure. Which is why saw something that didnt happen.

The Southern coach saw with his eyes and heard with his ears Fort Hill cheating. You are choosing to not see or hear it because Fort Hill is perfect and your mind cant handle any alternative.

Sorry to point out your hypocrisy, but usually when that happens people dont double down on it like you have. It does show just how full of shit most of you are, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT