ADVERTISEMENT

Silver Oak game ends in brawl.....with their own players

That would be all that Fort Hill and Allegany needs at this point of the season is a canceled game with no chance of filling the hole. I hope it doesn't happen not for Cumberland's sake...but for the Academy's sake.

Those boys at the Academy need a release like football. Now everyone knows, they can be hard headed at times, but never the less they play the game. The coach at the Academy says they will play anyone-anywhere. The even play St. Frances whom we all have talked about at length on this board.

The Coach is a great guy and keeps those young men who are on their last chance before state incarceration next in line and gives them something to be proud of. Sorry to here about something like this. :-(

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I love coach Kevin Mcleod. He has many hats to wear in a difficult surrounding. Football is not priority and I have for many, many years bailed them out of schedule conflicts because he doesn't have time to cross check his schedules. With that said, Silver Oak has no business playing the schedule they do, none. I don't get that. Silver Oak should be playing a Clear Spring type schedule.

Reactions: 52 to victory
It's one thing to want to challenge your kids, especially factoring in the life lessons, teamwork, and discipline they try to instill through football at SOA. But loading a schedule that really doesnt give the kids much of a chance defeats the whole purpose of what extra-curricular activities are supposed to do.

There's a limit to the life lessons learned going into a situation where you know you're going to get your ass handed to you...every ...single...week. These kids have had enough of that in their lives. At least a few fighting chances would be nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT