ADVERTISEMENT

Semifinals...

looks like the Perryville is really bad and they got pummeled by Joppatowne. MR should have a running clock in the 2nd quarter.
FH 42-6

FH 56-15
Perryville 30-28
Ridge hasn’t played well since the FH game in my opinion plus I think ridge will be looking ahead and perryville is a scrappy team who will take your best punch and punch back. With watching the Brunswick quarterfinal game, the perryville QB is quick and good at making plays from scrambling

Reactions: BIGREDFAN08
FH 56-15
Perryville 30-28
Ridge hasn’t played well since the FH game in my opinion plus I think ridge will be looking ahead and perryville is a scrappy team who will take your best punch and punch back. With watching the Brunswick quarterfinal game, the perryville QB is quick and good at making plays from scrambling
Didn’t they only beat Brunswick 14-3. Seems if the QB is so good they would have scored more than 14 against Brunswick. Looking at scores against opponents it doesn’t look like the game should be competitive at all. Mountain Ridge will win big.

Games are
County Sports Zone also had Perryville beating Joppatowne 30 - 0.

For what it's worth, (I don't put much faith in it), CalPreps has Fort Hill over Edmondson 42 - 3 and Ridge over Perryville 42 - 3.
Yep…games are won or lost on the field of play.

Reactions: CrickRat23
I feel like COVID has put a massive dent in high school football - not just in Maryland. The participation numbers were already on the decline prior to COVID. So not only did COVID just add to it but it also kept student-athletes from playing, practicing, doing off-season training, etc. The teams east of Allegany County have really taken a dive. I see blowouts in Frostburg and Cumberland Friday night.

I just watched the Edmondson West Side versus Colonel Richardson game. Edmonton has a real shifty quarterback and a fast running back. I can see why they scored 154 points in their last 3 games. A great return game also and a horrible kicking game. It looks like they can put some pressure on Fort Hills defense.

I just watched the Edmondson West Side versus Colonel Richardson game. Edmonton has a real shifty quarterback and a fast running back. I can see why they scored 154 points in their last 3 games. A great return game also and a horrible kicking game. It looks like they can put some pressure on Fort Hills defense.I was watching

I watched highlights of some of their earlier games on You Tube. Unless their OL and DL have improved dramatically, FH will eat them alive.

EW lost to Dunbar 44-0. That is the barometer I would use in comparison with FH for this matchup.

EW lost to Dunbar 44-0. That is the barometer I would use in comparison with FH for this matchup.
That’s why I went with a 40-0 prediction. That was early in the year, Dunbar always improves greatly. Dunbar will probably beat EW by at least 60 - 0 now. EW line is very slow and not good. FH will dominate this game.

Perfectly blown coverage by the FH secondary leaving the red storms receiver uncovered, td EW they lead fh 8 - 7

These guys have no kicking game. Sentinels just stopped them and have the ball deep in enemy territory

These guys have no kicking game. Sentinels just stopped them and have the ball deep in enemy territory
just not sharp tonight, when you take over in your opponents territory and get no points it's not good. the announcer says when your right d line is being destroyed you might want to make an adjustment...ya think?

When you are barely getting the extra point over why are you attempting a 38 yard field goal? Some very questionable play calling leading up to that field goal also.

All kickers struggled tonight.

Go to the Montgomery County Board and see how many FGs were missed in the 4A (QO and NW) and 3A (Linganore and Frederick) semi-final games.

FH adjusted defensively and controlled the game after the first quarter..

Reactions: Dwj21
Will be interesting to see what pans out with #11, he's the heart and soul. Putting him back in after being injured may prove to be very costly.

This was a scrappy EW team, and I liked what they brought. You can see they had no team stamina, and FH just wore them down once they D adjusted for the run.

Mark Mangus said post game that he heard xrays were negative for any damage and he'll be ready to go next week.
This is great news. However, that first smackdown hit he made did some sort of damage, even if it was only a stinger. He wont be ready to bang up the middle as much. FH should make use of pitches and screens on offense when using him. Use his speed in the open. As important as he is on offense, he's just as important on defense. Edmondson WS was one very physical football team with a massive line.

Mark Mangus said post game that he heard xrays were negative for any damage and he'll be ready to go next week.
x-rays do not show ligament damage or torn rotator cuff‘s. I hope he iis OK., But I doubt he’ll be better in one week

Confirmed by both parents that he has gotten a brace and there's no pain, just stiffness. He plans to play next weekend.
Hopefully, he is 100%. No sensible reason to risk a possible lifetime of troublesome issues from forcing it too soon.

Reactions: Tony54 and Dwj21
I think it will be closer than the last time they played just based on familiarity and determination factors. If I were a Vegas man I would favor FH by 14. For MR to win they have to do the obvious and MUST win the turnover margin and not get behind early like the last time. My issue with measuring MR is their competition. The toughest team they played other than FH was Alco, that's it. So when they see FH the plays that worked so well all year all of the sudden don't work anymore. They have a Plan B but have never used it against a good team and I think that hurts. But they can beat FH. I think that will require FH beating themselves on a handful of occasions however. Enjoy and congrats to Allegany County on this day.

Reactions: Tony54
I really like the play calling of mountain ridge and the quarterback is really good too. The defense plays hard.. I feel like they can beat Fort Hill also, but they have to play perfect. I gotta admit this Fort Hill team is much better than i thought they were. They make the competition look bad. I think it will be a good game with Fort Hill on top.

Reactions: BIGREDFAN08
FH will dominate. They will pressure the QB and keep them in 3rd and long. The only way MR keeps this close is if FH has a lot of penalties and turnovers. No knock on Ridge but this is about man for man and in my estimation FH is better. 38-14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT