ADVERTISEMENT

Scores of interest

Briar Woods beat Broad Run today.

I tried to explain last January that the FH schedule was extremely difficult. Between Briar Woods, Wadsworth and New Oxford...those teams have a combined record of 9-1. And they are all bigger schools. The first 2 are triple in size.

Throw in Mtn Ridge and Alco and this is a master challenge with what's ahead. Nobody in 100 miles plays a more difficult schedule.

For FH those 3 games against that level of competition will only help these young kids grow up a little faster. You grow from playing teams like this, more so than beating the Southerns of the world 74-0. This years Allegany County teams don't have to have the best 1A season records to wind up in Annapolis. Although its nice to play at home, these 3 could beat any other 1A team home or away. Just one man's opinion.

Last edited:
Briar Woods beat Broad Run today.

I tried to explain last January that the FH schedule was extremely difficult. Between Briar Woods, Wadsworth and New Oxford...those teams have a combined record of 9-1. And they are all bigger schools. The first 2 are triple in size.

Throw in Mtn Ridge and Alco and this is a master challenge with what's ahead. Nobody in 100 miles plays a more difficult schedule.
My concern for FH is not their schedule, it's their QB play. While Brown may be the most dynamic, and Carney may be the most steady, Noah House may be the most talented QB on the roster. FH will go as far as the QB, and DBs take them. Dominating Northern and Southern is not the same as playing some of the others on the schedule. Solid QB and DB play will get them to Annapolis. Last night's performance will not get it done.

Reactions: Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT