ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news at FH today

it sounds crazy for sure, It's crazy that Cumberland has come to this.
I'm guessing students from the calls we got from the School but just don't understand how we got here.

From Cumberland Times-News
CUMBERLAND — One person was seriously injured Thursday afternoon after being stabbed outside Fort Hill High School.

The incident occurred about 2:45 p.m., and a suspect was taken into police custody about 15 minutes later in the 600 block of Maryland Avenue.

The injured person was taken to UPMC Western Maryland by a Cumberland Fire Department ambulance.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates

Sad sad story, thoughts with his family and the FH Community.
It makes me sick to my stomach, I haven't felt this down about something in a long time. I have a kid in the School and this is by far the worst thing that I can remember happening to someone at a local school.
I would not be surprised if the game is Canceled Saturday and if so I would for sure agree with that Decision, This is just Sickening :(

Saiquan Jenkins RIP

All school sports practices and pep rally have been cancelled. I have no idea what this means for the game Saturday if it will even be played.

F**k it.
Just Very Sad, I can't begin to imagine the feeling his friends and teammates are feeling let alone what his parents are going through.

Unreal I feel so bad for his family and friends. No family should ever have to deal with something like this. Kids bringing weapons to school has got to stop.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
They shouldn't even consider playing a game this weekend.
If the game were set for tonight or tomorrow, it would be cancelled. I don't know about Saturday. Not that the game is relevant at this point in terms of life and death. But for many of these kids, who didn't even have a Homecoming last year, it is a big deal in their life. I feel so bad for Saiquan's family and for the students at FH. It hurts bad. I am starting to hit the anger phase now...just the whole questioning of society thing and what has happened to this world on many levels.

A student was just murdered in front of Fort Hill High School while they were all being dismissed from school. That has never happened on school property. It's a massive gut punch.

Last edited:
If the game were set for tonight or tomorrow, it would be cancelled. I don't know about Saturday. Not that the game is relevant at this point in terms of life and death. But for many of these kids, who didn't even have a Homecoming last year, it is a big deal in their life. I feel so bad for Saiquan's family and for the students at FH. It hurts bad. I am starting to hit the anger phase now...just the whole questioning of society thing and what has happened to this world on many levels.

A student was just murdered in front of Fort Hill High School while they were all being dismissed from school. That has never happened on school property. It's a massive gut punch.
I would like to see and hope that both teams sit down together and decide whether to play or not. I personally hope they play, not because it’s homecoming. That’s bullshit, winning homecoming only matters to the old fans who only cared about beating allegany or vice versa. I want them to play because for 3 hours on Saturday the kids won’t think about what happened and the community won’t have to think about what happened. Everyone will be able to play and cheer and be happy for a couple hours.

I would like to see and hope that both teams sit down together and decide whether to play or not. I personally hope they play, not because it’s homecoming. That’s bullshit, winning homecoming only matters to the old fans who only cared about beating allegany or vice versa. I want them to play because for 3 hours on Saturday the kids won’t think about what happened and the community won’t have to think about what happened. Everyone will be able to play and cheer and be happy for a couple hours.
There is that side. But kids are in shock right now, not thinking about a game. Nor would they be in the mind set to play a game right now. Does that feeling subside in less than 48 hours? Doubtful.

I know we should not be even talking about a football game right now. I get it. F**K IT! But this is how these kids will remember this day that was built to be a great lifetime memory. Kids saw that shit. Has anyone here watched a fellow student or teammate die on the sidewalk in such a fashion? I cannot imagine. I'm shook and wasn't even there.

Surreal. Things like this should not happen. Not in Cumberland. Prayers for the young man and his friends and family.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
Screw the football game. These kids need counseling! This sh17 has got to stop!!! The only thing this game is going to do is etch in these kids' memory the weekend they lost a schoolmate...a friend...a loved one.

Well everyone knows I have been forthcoming on social media with info most of the time all these years. Even when it's from administrators behind closed doors, even to the dismay of many. So here it goes straight from a handful of FH players. They took a team vote...

The state championship this year is for Saiquan. He is getting a ring. Homecoming is on.

These are tough kids, hardened by what life has dealt them the past 19 months, so I would expect nothing less. It won't be easy, everyone deals with tragedy in their own way.

Also, there is only a half day of school tomorrow for everyone in the county due to the end of marking period. Fort Hill will be open for the regular half day schedule. There will be plenty of counselors at the school for all students.

We've heard all year that the kids should be the ones to decide whether or not to play a game so I think we should stick with that.

My wife was in tears today, she said that could of been our son who we picked up 5 minutes before this all happened. it really could be our kids, I am so sorry that this happened, it makes me sick to my stomach.
I know this I will hold my kids closer tonight and look at many things differently for sure.
R.I.P. Young Man... You will never be forgotten!!
GO BIG RED #3 Saiquan Jenkins

Reactions: 4R341
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT