ADVERTISEMENT

Rematch for it all!

Don’t get me wrong. I still think the Sentinels are heavily favored. This is a neutral field, and like the Allegany playoff game in ‘18 where the Campers played FH to the wire after being blown out in homecoming a few weeks earlier, adjustments happen.

Reactions: 5punisher3
Don’t get me wrong. I still think the Sentinels are heavily favored. This is a neutral field, and like the Allegany playoff game in ‘18 where the Campers played FH to the wire after being blown out in homecoming a few weeks earlier, adjustments happen.
That was in 17.

FH 35-8

Ridge will still have no answer for the fort hill defensive line and if FH jams the ridge receivers at the line again this game then it’s going to be a long day once again for the miner offensive. Everyone talks about FHs bad kick coverage but ridge may be worse since they have lost shimko giving up a kick return in back to back games.

Have a feeling it’s going to be a fantastic game. Fort Hill 28 -21
I am leaning towards a closer game also. MR is going to throw the sink at FH and it will take a lot of preparation to be ready for that. MR on the other hand really shouldn't have to work on the defense too much because you know exactly what FH is going to on every play. Dunbar has shown how to beat FH, stack the box and put 11 men on the line. EW did this but their coaches didn't adjust thru out the game like Dunbar has done. MR does not have the same type athletes as EW but they know the Wing-T and nothing is going to surprise them. I still agree with you that not passing is just crazy. When it's 4th and 2 and there are 11 men in the box that's a dream come true for a pass, it's going to be wide open....take what they are giving you. If you are FH and you come out throwing short little easy passes on first down you are going to shock a team so bad that they'll never know what hit them and the running game will be unstoppable once a defense starts looking out for the pass. Maybe it won't take that to beat MR but it would be nice to know if you need it it's there. I don't think it can be overstated how important #11 is for this game. If he's not playing or playing hurt it's going to change the complexion of the game.

Reactions: Tony54
FH 35-8

Ridge will still have no answer for the fort hill defensive line and if FH jams the ridge receivers at the line again this game then it’s going to be a long day once again for the miner offensive. Everyone talks about FHs bad kick coverage but ridge may be worse since they have lost shimko giving up a kick return in back to back games.
I'm on this team. Ridge doesn't have the athletes to compete with FH.

...I don't think it can be overstated how important #11 is for this game. If he's not playing or playing hurt it's going to change the complexion of the game.
Correct. If you recall in the first meeting, #11 was critical for breaking MRs defensive line standoff. They had no answer for him on offense or defense, actually. One man doesn't make a team. Especially one as good as FH is overall. But, #11 was so effective it will hurt the scoring margin quite a bit and could make this game much closer than it should've been. If MR's passing game is clicking it they could win.

Correct. If you recall in the first meeting, #11 was critical for breaking MRs defensive line standoff. They had no answer for him on offense or defense, actually. One man doesn't make a team. Especially one as good as FH is overall. But, #11 was so effective it will hurt the scoring margin quite a bit and could make this game much closer than it should've been. If MR's passing game is clicking it they could win.

His dad posted on FB that he's fine. There was no damage, his arm's a little stiff today, but no pain. He is getting a brace as a precaution, but he'll be ready for next week.

Reactions: 4R341 and Dwj21
I don’t think #6 for FH played in the first game against MR.

While his play has been very limited this year, he has proven to have the ability to break one at any given time on offense or defense.

At a minimum he will add depth to an already strong FH secondary.

Last edited:
Still a week away, but 60° and partly cloudy skies predicted for game time next Saturday at 3:30. Weather won't be an issue. All things the same, I predict FH by 3 TDs.

Reactions: Dwj21 and Argox66
I am leaning towards a closer game also. MR is going to throw the sink at FH and it will take a lot of preparation to be ready for that.

I agree with this in part. If MR tries to fancy up their game plan and deviate too far from what got them to the dance, it also opens the door for a LOT of mistakes. Could go either way with just a week to prepare. MR already knows what didn't work against FH, and that was pretty much everything they tried to run.

So I do agree Ridge is going to add wrinkles and new plays, but execution with a week's prep is key.

Reactions: Dwj21
I don’t think #6 for FH played in the first game against MR.

While his play has been very limited this year, he has proven to have the ability to break one at any given time on offense or defense.

At a minimum he will add depth to an already strong FH secondary.
What a bizarre year for someone touted as a D1 recruit. It would be nice if he'd have some impact being it will be his last game at FH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT