ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with St. John's Catholic Prep offensive lineman Michael Haley

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
How did the football season go for your team?
“Our season was full of ups and downs, but we did compete for the state title in our division for the third straight year and we lost by five in the championship game. It was a great season with an even better group of teammates.”

What are your workout plans now going forward?
“My workouts have never stopped since football season ended. After the season, I was selected to play in the Maryland Junior Elite Showcase game in December and was invited to attend their combine in January. Additionally, I was on the Indoor Track and Field team as a shotput thrower and I will be throwing shot put and discus on the Outdoor Track and Field team in the spring. I have been lifting with my team three-days a week along my own personal workouts.”

What are you trying to improve on the most this off-season?
“I want to improve on my speed and agility in the off-season. As a lineman, I need to be as fast as possible on the snap of the ball and make an impact on every play.”

How do you believe your team will be next season?
“I am excited for our upcoming season. We will have twelve returning seniors as well as many talented underclassmen who can make a huge impact during the season and on our run at the MIAA C conference championship.”

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2018?
“Our toughest game for the upcoming season will be our rivals; Annapolis Area Christian. We always play each other tough and the games are almost always within seven points. They are a great challenge for us and I always have the games against them circled on my calendar.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to play football in college. It has been a dream of mine since I was very young to play football in college and I hope to make that dream a reality in the next year.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have been recruited by a number of schools and the number continues to grow. I am very involved in the recruiting process. I have been working with my coaches and college counselors regarding the entire recruiting and college selection process.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Recruiting efforts seem consistent across the board. I have been surprised at the frequency of communication from several schools, especially in the Midwest.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, I have visited many colleges over the past couple of years.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“I have spent a good amount of time researching camps. I plan to attend the Shepherd University Prospect Camp, the University of Maryland Big Man Camp, and the Towson University Prospect Camp as well as others throughout the summer."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was the University of Michigan. My dad was born in Detroit and was a fan growing up. So, when I started to like football, I became a Michigan fan and I still am to this day.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News