ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Bel Air defensive end Davon Bomar

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
What have you been doing as of late with your workouts?
“I have been lifting of course and been putting a lot of my focus on my lower body. My hips were really tight during the season with staying low sometimes, being explosive, and flexibility. So, I have been doing a lot of field work drills. I am working on my footwork and my hands while trying to perfect my craft as a D-lineman.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“Exactly what I’ve been working on with my hips and explosiveness. I can see a huge difference in the way I move and also my size, I am definitely stronger and a lot bigger than what I was. I weighed myself at 241 pounds this morning.”

What are your areas of focus going forward?
“My areas of focus would be explosiveness and using my hands a lot more. I feel I really need to get those down, but I have been putting a lot of work in for both of those things.”

How do you believe your team will be next season?
“I know that our team will be a problem in our division. I can’t wait for us to get in pads. We’ve been putting the work in and we are definitely ready to start now. August is going to take forever to get here.”

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2018?
“I feel that C.H Flowers from Springdale might be toughest game. But we’re a different team than last year, and this time around they are going to come to us.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I most definitely want to play football in college. It has been my dream since I could remember. I also love the game of baseball, but I definitely want to go farther in football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“So far, it has been Division I-AA school such as Wofford, Liberty, Morgan State, Bryant and Bucknell.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Morgan State. I just got my first offer from them. Coach Williams has definitely taken care of me.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have. My first was to Bucknell, then I went to Delaware State, and then Morgan State.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“I will be attending NC State, UNC-Chapel Hill, Auburn, Maryland, and Virginia so far. I am going with the Fast Track Recruit bus tour and I can’t wait.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Even though my father played at Liberty University, he has always been a fan of the U. Since the University of Miami was his favorite, it has always been mine.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News