ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions anyone ?

GREEN75

All State Poster
Sep 22, 2009
Alco 27 Fort Hill 14
Allegany’s small fast line will tire FH in the second half and Robinette will take over from there. They will grind it out and keep the ball out of Fort Hills hands most of the game.

I think this is a year in which they split their 2 match ups. FH is a little beat up so I will go with Alco in the first match up ;)

34-31

I’m happy to see respect here.... thought I would be the only one... FH +3

I do think that FH still has the edge over Alco... We could do it, but it would take us playing a phenomenal game and FH stumbling. If FH lost fumbles, had a punt blocked, let Alco run back a kickoff return for a TD, etc., then it's certainly possible.

The Alco passing attack could help us keep it a dogfight for a while, and when you compare the two teams head to head, it is definitely a good match up. But FH has a lot of talent and is very deep. One or two starters for Alco go down and we can't quite reload as well as FH can. FH also has the edge on defense, even though Alco has improved on that side of the ball lately.

I don't see a blowout unless it gets late and Alco wears out, then FH puts a couple TD's in. Would love to see Alco pull it out, and either way I'm confident they'll make a good game of it.

Reactions: towpath94
FH 35-22....Will be close in the first half but FH will bust it open with a big special teams return. Their depth along line will also wear ALCO down by the end. Both are talented teams which will more than likely rematch in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: camper21502
FH 35-21. Fort Hill will get a few stops on defense, Allegany wont.
Hate to say it but I agree. I can't see Alcos defense stopping FH. Kickoffs we are horrible unless Robinette kicks it out. We are down a few players. I see a high scoring game with FH getting more stops on defense than us. I could also see them winning the special teams battle with a TD or fg.. I say FH by 2 tds. Our defense is just too bad don't let the last 2games fool ya..

Correct, the intransitive verb of hear. As defined by dictionary.com's definition

10. to receive information by the ear or otherwise:

So yes, I received the information of your botched attempt at an old saying in the otherwise manner of it being on a message board.

So to clarify, you don't have a prediction, right?

Reactions: fooseballfamily
Correct, the intransitive verb of hear. As defined by dictionary.com's definition

10. to receive information by the ear or otherwise:

So yes, I received the information of your botched attempt at an old saying in the otherwise manner of it being on a message board.

So to clarify, you don't have a prediction, right?

What players for Alco will not play? How do you account for the obvious mental turmoil over at Allegany right now.

Prediction? Given the circumstances they are all shit right now. I could give a shit.

FHHSAHS, you're a cunning linguist.

Actually 'could give a shit' versus 'don't give a shit' is the evolution of an idiom 'could care less' versus 'couldn't care less' - one being a bit more euphonious than the other, but both generally mean the same thing.

To split hairs, the phrase 'could give a shit' would more precisely mean that the person cares somewhat but does not want to care more than he/she already does hence could care less but not more.

Last edited:
Actually 'could give a shit' versus 'don't give a shit' is the evolution of an idiom 'could care less' versus 'couldn't care less' - one being a bit more euphonious than the other, but both generally mean the same thing.

To split hairs, the phrase 'could give a shit' would more precisely mean that the person cares somewhat but does not want to care more than he/she already does hence could care less but not more.

Any way you say it or cut it, it's some Bovine Scatology.

Any way you say it or cut it, it's some Bovine Scatology.

Well, that is another way to put it.

There will be hootin' and hollerin' about playoff points and whether Dunbar will face FH in the championship. A further reduced Allegany isn't even a second thought to anybody except the team. The town is focused on sending their crown jewel downstate. FH is the William Macy of football.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
Well, that is another way to put it.

There will be hootin' and hollerin' about playoff points and whether Dunbar will face FH in the championship. A further reduced Allegany isn't even a second thought to anybody except the team. The town is focused on sending their crown jewel downstate. FH is the William Macy of football.
You had allegany as the quote on quote “crown jewel” over the summer and after they beat Dunbar.

You had allegany as the quote on quote “crown jewel” over the summer and after they beat Dunbar.

Sure as hell doesn't seem like an exact quote by me (but let's call it another give a shit if I did).

I do remember posting that if Allegany beat Dunbar they would beat FH at homecoming. After losing to CR I humbly retracted that.

I have continuously praised Robinette but in most of those posts I had nothing good to say about the Allegany special teams, defense in general or the penalties.

So, whatever. Folks can pile on to a team being royally screwed if they wish... And, they can ignore the obvious.

Reactions: OneRing
28-14. Long sustained drives by both teams. Alco wants to keep their defense off of the field. Alco will have to go the pass at times. FH will only pass if desperate. There is nothing fancy or extraordinary about this game prediction.

I believe FH will play with a chip on its shoulder despite dominating the series.

Ramsman lol guess he is mad about that 49-0 running clock a sophomore scoring a td against you. Sure was a wake-up call to where your team is. Reality check must have made some ppl upset lol.

Last edited:
Ramsman lol guess he is mad about that 49-0 running clock a sophomore scoring a td against you. Sure was a wake-up call to where your team is. Reality check must have made some ppl upset lol.
Not upset at all, Fort Hill is obviously the dominant team. They have the offense to score a lot, and the defense to shut down just about everyone in the state in 1A. Alco gave up 40+ points to Keyser, and Fort Hill shut them out??? And the Allegany game wasn't a reality check, yes, there were a lot of people that were hoping for a Rams win, but in reality, the competition on the schedule previous to this game were not at that level yet. I do think that for a program that came from only having 16 players, to now over 60, we are playing the competition we need to, to build the confidence of the young men playing a game we all love, and get out of the losing mentality that has been plaguing the mountain top for quite some time. So if you think my score prediction was based off of me being mad, you are totally incorrect. I have seen both teams play, and Fort Hill is head and shoulders above Allegany.

Not upset at all, Fort Hill is obviously the dominant team. They have the offense to score a lot, and the defense to shut down just about everyone in the state in 1A. Alco gave up 40+ points to Keyser, and Fort Hill shut them out??? And the Allegany game wasn't a reality check, yes, there were a lot of people that were hoping for a Rams win, but in reality, the competition on the schedule previous to this game were not at that level yet. I do think that for a program that came from only having 16 players, to now over 60, we are playing the competition we need to, to build the confidence of the young men playing a game we all love, and get out of the losing mentality that has been plaguing the mountain top for quite some time. So if you think my score prediction was based off of me being mad, you are totally incorrect. I have seen both teams play, and Fort Hill is head and shoulders above Allegany.
When did Allegany give up 40 to Keyser?

What is "stupid" is picking FH to win 38-0. Guess we will see who the "stupid" one is. That is showing absolutely 0 football knowledge. Basically Allegany is at least 50 points better than Southern which was proven and you say FH is 38 points better than Alco. You are saying FH is about at least 88 points better than Southern lol

Reactions: camper21502
What is "stupid" is picking FH to win 38-0. Guess we will see who the "stupid" one is. That is showing absolutely 0 football knowledge. Basically Allegany is at least 50 points better than Southern which was proven and you say FH is 38 points better than Alco. You are saying FH is about at least 88 points better than Southern lol
Yeah, Fort Hill probably is 88 points better than Southern. Yeah, 0 football knowledge is what I have. I think it is funny how most on this board think that they know more than the next guy. You don't know me, you don't know my background, all you know is how to type on a keyboard and try to sling insults because you think you have something to prove, apparently trying to make up for something else. I could probably equate it to the Napoleon Syndrome. Yeah, I think Fort Hill will dominate Allegany all day long. Sorry that doesn't go along with what you think, you must be a liberal Democrat, or it appears that way with your remarks.

That's half of 40!
It is half or close to half, but if I remember right, Alco did not pull away in that one until the second half, whereas with Fort Hill, there was never a doubt in anyone's mind who was going to win. Anyway, anything can happen, I just don't see this one being close.

I dont think Allegany's defense (while improved) will be able to continuously keep FH at bay. I'm giving FH 30 points.

And while FH's defense has some issues with a passing game, I don't see Alco's passing game on a level with that of MCC or FCA, but their running game is very good. I think they will have some success, moreso outside the tackles.

I think #25 for Alco will be the one to consider the swing player as to how the running game progresses. I'd give Alco 17 points.

30-17 Fort Hill.

Barring injury and upset, a nearly identical score if/when they rematch two weeks later.

Very hush, hush on injury reporting this week. Granted these are kids 18 or younger so privacy must be taken into consideration.

For FH I see three ankle problems, a shoulder problem and a knee problem. All expected to play but two likely not 100%. For Alco I see 3 suspensions, a shoulder and secret word is a knee for one of the lineman starters. Nobody willing to confirm all of the above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT