ADVERTISEMENT

Patriots vs. Bulldogs Orange

This Sunday September 3 at Greenway Ave Stadium - 2:00 pm.

Basically Fort Hill vs Martinsburg middle school football game. Stop by if you can. NFL starts next week.
Took your advice. Man what was that beat down. Left at halftime 50-0 Patriots.

• Wow
Reactions: Waggle Pass
Took your advice. Man what was that beat down. Left at halftime 50-0 Patriots.
Yea, not sure why the Bulldogs Orange was that bad. It was real bad. They had a 2-1 record in league play this year so far and played in their league title game last year.

The Patriots are very good but that was ugly. Although this Bulldogs Orange team does feed Martinsburg high school, the Martinsburg high school team pulls kids from the entire Tri-County league. At least that is what every coach there tells me to no surprise. The transfer portal is in play everywhere these days. You either live or die by it.

Another thing that needs to be mentioned about this result is that the best 8th graders in Martinsburg forgo youth football and play on Martinsburg’s freshman team. Middle schools only have basketball and cross country teams in Berkeley County. Football, track, and volleyball freshman teams welcome 8th graders.

Martinsburg’s JV team also beat Fort Hill’s JV team 41-0 last night

Not a very competitive game last night, unlike last year. I believe fort hill is younger on varsity and therefore worse on jv this year. Fort hill kids played tough, but unable to match up athletically with martinsburg. Not much you can do about that.

Martinsburg also has a travel ball team for middle school students called the WV Phenoms. They play fall and spring ball and are unbeaten. Many kids forgo the Tri-County League to play for the travel ball team because you are not permitted to play for both in the fall. Like I stated, the Bulldogs Orange team is not the only feeder for the high school team so they are not the same.

Last night, that was the Fort Hill freshman team that played the Martinsburg JV. Fort Hill did have 2 sophomores starting on defense, none of offense. Just a sign of the times.

Is there any truth to the rumor I heard of the EPAC (similar to the old CVAL) getting started back up with them inviting Fort Hill to join. I had someone ask me today if I had heard anything about it. I have not. If so, that would alleviate alot of the scheduling problems for Fort Hill. But I can't see the majority of those teams from the Eastern Panhandle wanting to play Fort Hill though. I was just curious if anyone else had heard about this.

Reactions: ravemwp
Is there any truth to the rumor I heard of the EPAC (similar to the old CVAL) getting started back up with them inviting Fort Hill to join. I had someone ask me today if I had heard anything about it. I have not. If so, that would alleviate alot of the scheduling problems for Fort Hill. But I can't see the majority of those teams from the Eastern Panhandle wanting to play Fort Hill though. I was just curious if anyone else had heard about this.
Not true.
No WV varsity football program within a 2.5 hour drive will play FH except Martinsburg. For that reason I never supported playing Martinsburg and still do not. This is a very long standing argument where both sides make good points. As a schedule person I see 9 games to fill, not 1 game to fill.

I have heard that fort hill has interest in joining. But I also don’t see that happening. From the perspective of everyone besides Martinsburg, adding fort hill means adding a team that’ll almost always beat you, and in the rare case you do beat them, isn’t really worthwhile due to Fort Hill’s relatively low enrollment.

FH needs to play Martinsburg. If FH is going to be the badass on the block then play Martinsburg. FH will compete. May not win but it’s a measuring stick. Be the guy that will play anyone, anywhere, anytime. That’s how you build your program. Martinsburg may be a td better but who cares? Play em

Fort Hills program is already built. They dismantled Oakdale, which is the number one ranked 3a school in Maryland and I’m sure the same thing would happen if they played this year.

The real problem with 1a schools playing big-time football programs is the injuries. When a couple key people get hurt at small school programs, it really hurts because there is typically a huge drop off between first and second string players.

Wadsworth is going to be a huge test

Last edited:
FH needs to play Martinsburg. If FH is going to be the badass on the block then play Martinsburg. FH will compete. May not win but it’s a measuring stick. Be the guy that will play anyone, anywhere, anytime. That’s how you build your program. Martinsburg may be a td better but who cares? Play em
Why? There is no rivalry between FH and Martinsburg outside of old people who want things the way there were before the factories and population left. Hell, no one in WV will play Martinsburg outside of the teams in the EPAC who are mandated to do so. Can't see why Cumberland needs to man up to pick up that slack. FH deserves something in return. Like other WV schools on the schedule as well. Some fans argue that FH plays Martinsburg at the JV level. OK, but they also play the likes of Morgantown, Musselman, Hedgesville, etc.

Fort Hill doesn't "need" to play Martinsburg. Martinsburg doesn't need to play Fort Hill. Both programs are already built and will be strong for the foreseeable future. FH's schedule has tests this season, one coming Saturday. A better measuring stick for Martinsburg would be the Maryland 4A's like, Quince Orchard, Wise, Northwest, etc. Or the better private schools. Playing 4A's would be much better for Martinsburg playoff wise than FH. The FH-Martinsburg series has gone the way of the CD. Fun while it lasted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT