ADVERTISEMENT

On to Friendship

4inarowtopthat

All Region Poster
Dec 12, 2016
Did anybody happen to hear after the game on the radio one of the....okay, I'm holding my tongue, one of the announcers said "Friendship could be even tougher"...I have NOT heard that from anybody anywhere...thoughts?

Going by the teams Friendship has played it's going to be a tough game. I don't think Friendship will be able to defend the wing t

Coach Magic from St Francis says they will be ready... got JV coaches from Baltimore County Academy Schools talking about us like high school girls... or High School alumni on a Blog

Going be a tough game, probably 2 pretty even teams. I would say if FH beats Friendship they will be in the top 7, in the state media poll

Did anybody happen to hear after the game on the radio one of the....okay, I'm holding my tongue, one of the announcers said "Friendship could be even tougher"...I have NOT heard that from anybody anywhere...thoughts?
I heard them say this team next week can't possibly by as good as Melbourne... I was listening to WCBC post game... They also said they were suprised Appel approved the Melbourne game since he vetoes alot of the schools Helmick presents to him..

Just like MCC, Friendship is a good 1A level (in terms of skill not enrollment) team - and just like MCC they are vulnerable against the run. They are currently 4-3 but could easily be 2-5 because in two of their wins they trailed in the 4th quarter but pulled out wins. Friendship has good athletes and a stud WR so I'm looking forward to a good game this weekend. They are a very young because they lost a lot of players to graduation, but are getting better each week. I think Friendship is still a year away. FH should pull away at the end and win by a couple of TDs. The wildcard factor is how FH performs on the road against a good team, they got some "home cooking" last weekend with the penalties going against MCC 19-4.

Just like MCC, Friendship is a good 1A level (in terms of skill not enrollment) team - and just like MCC they are vulnerable against the run. They are currently 4-3 but could easily be 2-5 because in two of their wins they trailed in the 4th quarter but pulled out wins. Friendship has good athletes and a stud WR so I'm looking forward to a good game this weekend. They are a very young because they lost a lot of players to graduation, but are getting better each week. I think Friendship is still a year away. FH should pull away at the end and win by a couple of TDs. The wildcard factor is how FH performs on the road against a good team, they got some "home cooking" last weekend with the penalties going against MCC 19-4.

Can you please get your facts correct before typing? C'mon dude, you are supposed to be a self-proclaimed journalist.
After grading the film and marking stats:
Melbourne 19 penalties for 157 yards
Fort Hill 9 penalties for 85 yards
Six of the MCC penalties were for false starts with one for too many men on the field

Friendship should be 2-5 because two wins they trailed in fourth, Seriously? You do realize who Friendship has played this year eh? While I have no problem seeing many FH rah rah folks get put in their place, if you are going to degrade FH and their opponents with every post at least get the numbers correct.

Friendship Collegiate 16
Riverdale Baptist 13

Last edited:
Can you please get your facts correct before typing? C'mon dude, you are supposed to be a self-proclaimed journalist.
After grading the film and marking stats:
Melbourne 19 penalties for 157 yards
Fort Hill 9 penalties for 85 yards
Six of the MCC penalties were for false starts with one for too many men on the field

Friendship should be 2-5 because two wins they trailed in fourth, Seriously? You do realize who Friendship has played this year eh? While I have no problem seeing many FH rah rah folks get put in their place, if you are going to degrade FH and their opponents with every post at least get the numbers correct.

Friendship Collegiate 16
Riverdale Baptist 13

You mean the same guy who told us earlier this year that Central, P.G. was a power?
Same person who told us for weeks that Friendship would be 3-4 going into this game? All but guaranteeing a loss to Riverdale Baptist.
Same guy who bias to FH is known on boards other than this one?

Yeah, we'll take him seriously. :rolleyes:

I usually agree with most of what you say But as of late it seems as though you and lagmeister have become unhinged to the point you're trying extra hard to downplay FH's schedule and accomplishments.. And its very obvious. You could try and be a little more inconspicuous about it... Friendship like MCC are quality teams who lost to quality opponents.. Teams like Buford ga
6-0 Hun, Friendship lead at half against Dematha and they pushed Archbishop Spalding to the end only losing 24-20.. Spaldings only losses were to Mcdonogh and Good Counsel who beat Dematha. There should be no shame in losing to the teams both teams lost too. Its not like they lost to Chestnut Ridge. Anyway I've been very critical of scheduling but I'm also impartial and I know when to give the devil his due.. No one fair and knowledgable can down play these two games.. I thank TDHelmick and FH for scheduling a quality opponent on a Saturday evening (a day I could make) with my family. We really enjoyed it.

First things first, if I got the penalty total incorrect I definitely apologize. I was told 19-4. If somebody has the official box score please post a link. Todd stop saying stupid stuff, "self proclaimed journalist"??? If you have any knowledge of journalism or if you are a professional you understand that mistakes get made all the time. By making a big deal about this you look clueless. In fact, most newspapers have a regular column where they list mistakes from the previous edition. When it happens you apologize, make a correction and move on.

Second, I picked FH to win this week and last week, but I'm trying to "downgrade their accomplishments"??? That doesn't make sense guys.

Third, reading is fundamental, Friendship could easily be 2-5. Yes, they were losing to Woodson and Riverdale Baptist in the fourth quarter. Woodson is a DC City school, which like Friendship is a Maryland 1A level school. FH is the 4 time state champion and I have said this year they are going undefeated again. They are supposed to beat these teams.

Fourth, reading is still fundamental, I said before the MCC game that according to a journalist that covers Florida preps that they were weak against the run. And he was right because they gave up almost 450 yards on the ground. That's what FH does to 1A schools. But the top Maryland 4A schools don't give up 450 rushing yards. Pick any 4A school on the poll, you can't just run the ball down their throat play after play. When is the last time anyone on this board has watched one of these teams play?

Reactions: Lagmeister
First things first, if I got the penalty total incorrect I definitely apologize. I was told 19-4. If somebody has the official box score please post a link. Todd stop saying stupid stuff, "self proclaimed journalist"??? If you have any knowledge of journalism or if you are a professional you understand that mistakes get made all the time. By making a big deal about this you look clueless. In fact, most newspapers have a regular column where they list mistakes from the previous edition. When it happens you apologize, make a correction and move on.

Second, I picked FH to win this week and last week, but I'm trying to "downgrade their accomplishments"??? That doesn't make sense guys.

Third, reading is fundamental, Friendship could easily be 2-5. Yes, they were losing to Woodson and Riverdale Baptist in the fourth quarter. Woodson is a DC City school, which like Friendship is a Maryland 1A level school. FH is the 4 time state champion and I have said this year they are going undefeated again. They are supposed to beat these teams.

Fourth, reading is still fundamental, I said before the MCC game that according to a journalist that covers Florida preps that they were weak against the run. And he was right because they gave up almost 450 yards on the ground. That's what FH does to 1A schools. But the top Maryland 4A schools don't give up 450 rushing yards. Pick any 4A school on the poll, you can't just run the ball down their throat play after play. When is the last time anyone on this board has watched one of these teams play?

This is all about the FH faithful wanting to change the subject. The MCC game clearly highlights the paltry competition they played through the first half of this season.

On the other hand, I projected FH to lose. Until the last couple seconds I was playing with house money.

Still, I am glad FH won. FH didn't deserve to lose to a team that Alco or FH could easily push around at the line.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
This is all about the FH faithful wanting to change the subject. The MCC game clearly highlights the paltry competition they played through the first half of this season.

On the other hand, I projected FH to lose. Until the last couple seconds I was playing with house money.

Still, I am glad FH won. FH didn't deserve to lose to a team that Alco or FH could easily push around at the line.
There lag goes again. Why did you have to bring ALCO into that comment? Oh wait, you have to try to discredit the victory in any way possible.

Reactions: Waggle Pass

No one here cares what 4A schools do for the 100th time. You asked why PG County always gets brought up, so why do 4A schools get brought up?

Mistakes made in journalism don't include posting a 19-4 penalty advantage error and then labeling it as home cooking.

Friendship could also be 5-2 instead of 2-5 against a schedule that any of your oft talked about 4A powers would be impressed with.
Melbourne CC could easily be 6-1 right now.
Alco could easily be 4-3 right now if they didn't fight through some adversity. That's what good teams do.

Yes, we all knew the Melbourne CC weakness was against the run. We also knew the FH question mark was against the pass. You're one sided dude and everyone sees it by now, even those that support most of your arguments. Slanted info usually has two sides.

There lag goes again. Why did you have to bring ALCO into that comment? Oh wait, you have to try to discredit the victory in any way possible.

It was a great win because the young men on the field refused to lose. They faced a powerful passing offense and came out on top. That last heady drive down the field, and summary field goal, was another log on the fire of FH lore.

My comments about FH fans is not a slap on the FH team and the same holds true as to the power structure over there setting up the schedule solely to get into the playoffs.

Reactions: towpath94
No one here cares what 4A schools do for the 100th time. You asked why PG County always gets brought up, so why do 4A schools get brought up?

Mistakes made in journalism don't include posting a 19-4 penalty advantage error and then labeling it as home cooking.

Friendship could also be 5-2 instead of 2-5 against a schedule that any of your oft talked about 4A powers would be impressed with.
Alco could easily be 4-3 right now if they didn't fight through some adversity. That's what good teams do.

Yes, we all knew the Melbourne CC weakness was against the run. We also knew the FH question mark was against the pass. You're one sided dude and everyone sees it by now, even those that support most of your arguments. Slanted info usually has two sides.

"Melbourne CC could easily be 6-1 right now.
Alco could easily be 4-3 right now if they didn't fight through some adversity. That's what good teams do."

Yes!

I brought up 4A schools because someone said FH will be ranked #7. That's who is in the top seven. You want me to talk about 2A D-Mass? OK, you're not going put 450 on them either. You and Brian H bring up PG County in every conversation, but like I told you the last time, if you want to compare we can start with how many scholarships PG players get.

Why are you talking about what defines "mistakes in journalism?" A mistake is a mistake, nobody does it on purpose. And people that cover prep sports understand that for a wide variety of reasons it's easy to make statistical errors. I'm actually standing by 19-4 until I see a box score, and even 19-9 makes a big difference in a close game. And "home cooking" is relevant to this topic because according to the WCBC broadcast the MCC coaches were complaining about the calls.

I told you before, "hater" and "one-sided" doesn't bother me, are there any other names you have? That's really professional. You're just mad because a couple of people on this board don't fall in line with the same BS you throw out to everyone else. Friendship is a 4-3 team that is also questionable against the run. Stop whining and actually read because I said they are a good team.

Reactions: Lagmeister
Why are you talking about what defines "mistakes in journalism?" A mistake is a mistake, nobody does it on purpose. And people that cover prep sports understand that for a wide variety of reasons it's easy to make statistical errors. I'm actually standing by 19-4 until I see a box score, and even 19-9 makes a big difference in a close game. And "home cooking" is relevant to this topic because according to the WCBC broadcast the MCC coaches were complaining about the calls.

Attention any local refs reading this, calling false start and too many men on the field against visiting teams should be ignored as to avoid home cooking accusations.

Thanks

Friendship's games against DeMatha, Woodson, and Wilson are available on https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com. It is a pay site but you get a one-month free trial.

They also have the Good Counsel-Northwest game where you can see the dominating defense of a 4A power in action. :D

I brought up 4A schools because someone said FH will be ranked #7. That's who is in the top seven. You want me to talk about 2A D-Mass? OK, you're not going put 450 on them either. You and Brian H bring up PG County in every conversation, but like I told you the last time, if you want to compare we can start with how many scholarships PG players get.

I told you before, "hater" and "one-sided" doesn't bother me, are there any other names you have? That's really professional. You're just mad because a couple of people on this board don't fall in line with the same BS you throw out to everyone else. Friendship is a 4-3 team that is also questionable against the run. Stop whining and actually read because I said they are a good team.

LMFAO!!!! Because the opposition is complaining about calls that automatically makes the calls bad in your view. Thanks for the big laugh today.

What? A coach was complaining about officiating? Hahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

Boyz, you are just a damn troll. It's always blatantly noticeable in your posts. You jump in this thread and start diminishing Frendship because they are on FH's schedule. It's no doubt they are a good team and you still want to try and hurt FH in any way you can. They aren't this and they aren't that. I know people who know people who said this and that about this team or that team.

People call you out about being a journalist because you often validate your own posts by saying something like, "from a jounralist's view" or something close to that, but you post as more of a rhetorical opiniated demagogue. I asked you one time what your credentials were during some previous thread after you referred to yourself as a journalist. You said you wrote for MD Varsity in the past. Is that it? What else? I would assume from your posts on this board, if you are a journalist, your history is in biased opinion columns. You would do well working for CNN, NY Times or Fox News. As I said last time, I am a history buff and probably know more about American history and world history more than the average Joe, but I would not proclaim myself as a historian.

Helmick provided some details of the calls after you post an incorrect number and immediately call it homering. I believe one was from offsides as well. Of course, coaches will complain and go nuts. Have you been to a game and heard Appel yelling from the top in the 4th quarter even when the 3rd team is in? That's what coaches do when they disagree with a call or just try to rattle the refs. MCC probably got away with 5 plus other holdings in the game that if called would really have had that coaches head explode. Everyone moans about lack of calls or too many flags. I have heard opposing fans and home fans yell at the refs for obvious procedure fouls and most people have no clue what illegal shifts are and call them phantom calls.

There were at least two bad calls I saw against Melbourne but we can only speculate in that world of football where everything is not seen by the refs, such as holding, did the missed holding fouls equal out for the two bad calls, did it give MCC an advantage, or FH the advantage? We could argue until blue in the face.

But your haterism is full-fledged and your past claims about pulling for the home team is B.S. I would have put money on it that if MCC won you would write something about it as proving that FH could not compete with teams on that level. But since FH won, MCC must suck or they are 1A which is your passive degradation of FH's accomplishment. No 1A school in MD that I know off has athletes and D1 prospects like MCC.

It's cool that you don't get upset at being called a hater or whatever. Why should you? You know what you are trying to say and that you actually do hate FH. But if you are not a hater in your mind, could you at least admit you are not a journalist?

Last edited:
What? A coach was complaining about officiating? Hahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

On WCBC they reported the MCC coaches had complained about the calls. They mentioned it more than once. Go listen, if you have a problem ask them about it, lol

LMFAO!!!! Because the opposition is complaining about calls that automatically makes the calls bad in your view. Thanks for the big laugh today.

If the difference in the calls was 19-4 it could have been a factor in a close game. Where did I say the calls were bad?

People that were in touch with the MCC coaches before and after the game raved about how great of a game it was, how much they loved the atmosphere, and nothing but good to say about the whole experience.

Boyz, you are just a damn troll. It's always blatantly noticeable in your posts. You jump in this thread and start diminishing Frendship because they are on FH's schedule. It's no doubt they are a good team and you still want to try and hurt FH in any way you can. They aren't this and they aren't that. I know people who know people who said this and that about this team or that team.

People call you out about being a journalist because you often validate your own posts by saying something like, "from a jounralist's view" or something close to that, but you post as more of a rhetorical opiniated demagogue. I asked you one time what your credentials were during some previous thread after you referred to yourself as a journalist. You said you wrote for MD Varsity in the past. Is that it? What else? I would assume from your posts on this board, if you are a journalist, your history is in biased opinion columns. You would do well working for CNN, NY Times or Fox News. As I said last time, I am a history buff and probably know more about American history and world history more than the average Joe, but I would not proclaim myself as a historian.

Helmick provided some details of the calls after you post an incorrect number and immediately call it homering. I believe one was from offsides as well. Of course, coaches will complain and go nuts. Have you been to a game and heard Appel yelling from the top in the 4th quarter even when the 3rd team is in? That's what coaches do when they disagree with a call or just try to rattle the refs. MCC probably got away with 5 plus other holdings in the game that if called would really have had that coaches head explode. Everyone moans about lack of calls or too many flags. I have heard opposing fans and home fans yell at the refs for obvious procedure fouls and most people have no clue what illegal shifts are and call them phantom calls.

There were at least two bad calls I saw against Melbourne but we can only speculate in that world of football where everything is not seen by the refs, such as holding, did the missed holding fouls equal out for the two bad calls, did it give MCC an advantage, or FH the advantage? We could argue until blue in the face.

But your haterism is full-fledged and your past claims about pulling for the home team is B.S. I would have put money on it that if MCC won you would write something about it as proving that FH could not compete with teams on that level. But since FH won, MCC must suck or they are 1A which is your passive degradation of FH's accomplishment. No 1A school in MD that I know off has athletes and D1 prospects like MCC.

It's cool that you don't get upset at being called a hater or whatever. Why should you? You know what you are trying to say and that you actually do hate FH. But if you are not a hater in your mind, could you at least admit you are not a journalist?

Just to be clear, it makes you look immature when can't debate high school football without beginning the paragraph with, "you are just a damn troll," lol - Are you an adult? Can you communicate like an adult? If you disagree with me debate on the merits, or facts. I got the 19-4 stat from a credible source, it may very well be wrong. And like I said, I have no problem apologizing if it is incorrect. Where is the FH/MCC box score? I'm still waiting for someone to post it.

I actually only referred to myself as a journalist once or twice and that was in context with the conversation at that time. I also already posted links to articles I have written. I posted my MD Varsity pieces. I would love to work for a major network, unfortunately those positions are very hard to get. And I am quite sure you are an accomplished historian, I have no reason to doubt you. I have been a paid writer/photographer for over ten years, and I don't care if you believe me or not because you don't sign my checks, lol. Also, when I comment I try to back it up. If I talk about MCC being weak against the run, I say it's because I spoke with a journalist from Florida (who covers them regularly). I didn't just make it up or listen to what Helmick says. When I talk about Friendship it's because I have seen them play in person this year and shot (photographed) their game. It's because I know some of their players from youth league. When I talk about DC schools being 1A it's because I've seen them play my entire life. It's like if someone asked you to breakdown Mountain Ridge, you're going give them the good and the bad.

And I wouldn't have gloated about FH losing, because I already predicted FH to win. Why would I gloat about being wrong? MCC is an elite 1A level team, just like FH. Like I keep saying, the 4 time state champion playing at home is supposed to win this game. FH should be favored against other schools of the same caliber. Reading is fundamental: Friendship is a good team, how many times so I have to say this? It's going to be a good game. I think FH is going win with a superior running attack.

Last edited:
People that were in touch with the MCC coaches before and after the game raved about how great of a game it was, how much they loved the atmosphere, and nothing but good to say about the whole experience.

I have no reason to doubt this. Big games at Greenway are a great setting and atmosphere for prep football. Once again, listen to the WCBC broadcast. They reported the MCC coaches were unhappy with the calls.

I got the 19-4 stat from a credible source, it may very well be wrong.

You credible source = a source that may very well be wrong.

This is your entire MO in one accidentally honest statement.

You credible source = a source that may very well be wrong.

This is your entire MO in one accidentally honest statement.

By definition, credible does not mean perfect. Even the best sources can be wrong at times. It may be nice to use the dictionary before you try to call me out.

Don't you have access to the media materials? I can't believe with all the experts on this message board nobody can locate the box score!

Hudl is an amazing thing. Straight off the video stat breakdown.

Play # 27 - MCC - Personal Foul 7 yards (half the distance) - 1 for 7 yards
Play #35 - MCC - False Start 5 yards - 2 for 12
Play #38 - MCC - False Start 5 yards - 3 for 17
Play #44 - MCC - Personal Foul 15 yards - 4 for 32
Play #53 - MCC - False Start 5 yards - 5 for 37
Play #55 - MCC - False Start 5 yards - 6 for 42
Play #63 - MCC - Facemask 5 yards - 7 for 47
Play #71 - MCC - Facemask 15 yards - 8 for 63
Play #77 - MCC - Defensive offsides 5 yards - 9 for 68
Play # 105 - MCC - Holding 5 yards (half the distance) - 10 for 73
Play #106 - MCC - Holding 3 yards (half the distance) - 11 for 76
Play #128 - MCC - Holding 12 yards - 12 for 88
Play #145 - MCC - Personal Foul 15 yards - 13 for 103
Play #151 - MCC - Pass Interference 15 yards - 14 for 118
Play #175 - MCC - Facemask 2 yards (half the distance) - 15 for 120
Play #193 - MCC - Personal Foul 10 yards (half the distance) - 16 for 130
Play #194 - MCC - Unsportsmanlike 7 yards (half the distance) - 17 for 137
Play #200 - MCC - Personal Foul 15 yards - 18 for 152
Play #220 - MCC - 12 men on the field 5 yards - 19 for 157
TOTAL: 19 PENALTIES FOR 157 YARDS

Play #58 - FH - Personal Foul 15 yards - 1 for 15
Play #87 - FH - Defensive holding 10 yards - 2 for 25
Play #90 - FH - Personal Foul 15 yards - 3 for 40
Play #101 - FH - Holding 10 yards - 4 for 50
Play #123 - FH - Defense offsides 5 yards - 5 for 55
Play #127 - FH - Defense offsides 5 yards - 6 for 60
Play #163 - FH - Offense offsides 5 yards - 7 for 65
Play #178 - FH - Illegal Motion 5 yards - 8 for 70
Play #203 - FH - Personal Foul 15 yards - 9 for 85
TOTAL: 9 PENALTIES FOR 85 YARDS

I always hear and see different numbers with stats, especially individual offensive numbers like passing yards and rushing yards, etc. The people keeping those, whether it be radio or newspaper, do it on the fly as they attempt to track all kinds of things. Those stats are still legit, just not always 100% accurate but usually close enough. The only true 100% accurate stats come from watching the video afterwards where you can stop, pause and rewind, etc. and take your time. Hudl allows you to track each play with any stat known to man.

I have no reason to doubt this. Big games at Greenway are a great setting and atmosphere for prep football. Once again, listen to the WCBC broadcast. They reported the MCC coaches were unhappy with the calls.
They were probably mad at their players for committing the fouls that required the calls but of course that doesn’t sound good in an interview. It’s expected. While the penalties may have affected the game some. It did for both teams. FH had trouble with the pass. MCC had trouble with our run. I think the MCC coach was caught off guard by quite a bit. They controlled their destiny from the start and had FH against the ropes. I truly felt in my heart we were going to wear them down in the end. I think that happened and our coaching staff made some great calls on the final drive.

Boyz, please, don't get like some one else. Only posting what he/she hears John & Gary say on Comm Vid. How does one judge FH during their road games when FH is not carried by Comm. Vid.? Don't know but it happens. At least you will answer other people's questions. You don't reply by correcting spelling errors, totally dodge the questions or make some totally irrelevant post.

Always a hidden factor in the game, what did each team get away with vs. bad calls by the refs? I have seen the replay of two personal fouls against MCC that I think should have been non-calls. Now the one replay is not very good as the players are not in full screen shot and it’s hard to tell what happened. At the game, people who saw it said a MCC player unnecessarily hit a FH player in the back well behind and at the end of the play. On the unclear view on the replay it does not look that bad. Then the other call was a hit on FH’s QB as he was going down. It looked bad but was not that bad, it could have been serious if the FH player was hit in the back of the head but he wasn’t. I think it was an instant reaction by the ref which we see at the NFL level every week and those guys are paid big money - If it looks bad it must be a foul mentality that has taken over the game due to safety concerns.

With that said, did that change the outcome of the game vs the miss holds I saw that were not called? It’s always a five and take.

My question to any rule experts out there on this board, what is the rule on the botched punt snap that the MCC kicker was able to get off as he was getting drilled? I did not see the ball get touched by the defender but it looked like the FH player made contact with the punter before the ball hit the punter’s foot. With the ball not being touched by FH, I assume there was no penalty because the rusher hit the punter before the punter made contact with his foot. It was amazing he even got off such a decent punt getting hit like that.

Last edited:
Even going with the 19-9 penalty differential as accurate, that's still twice as many penalties for almost twice as many yards. That's a huge advantage in a razor close contest. And that doesn't tell the entire story, for example, according to the WCBC commentary on at least two occasions the MCC staff wanted FH flagged for late hits out of bounds that weren't called.

I'm not sure why the minutiae about the calls is that important in the first place. Most schools get calls at home, which I discussed as a factor in the upcoming game this weekend. My point was even without the benefit of "home cooking" FH still has enough talent to beat Friendship. I'm looking forward to a good game. It's probably the toughest road opponent since Sherando.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT