ADVERTISEMENT

O line D line

5punisher3

Junior Varsity Poster
Aug 15, 2015
We all know there's no section in the paper for stats pertaining to the young men in the trenches of the O line and D line.(O line) Hopefully we all know without them, the pictures in the paper of running backs scoring touchdowns wouldn't be. If you know a young man (son, brother, nephew, neighbor, friend) that plays in the trenches, (be it red or blue jersey) let him know he's recognized. There are those of us that can see beyond who's carrying the ball. We see what's going on at the line of scrimmage, both sides. We see the traps, we see the reverse direction, we see the decoys, (They) see the running backs going 30, 40, 50 yds, whatever, scoring the tds, then say, "Man, he's an awesome running back!"(which may be true). (D line) Then there"s the D line, we see double teams, we see the backs picking up blocks, we see others getting the credit for the tackles because of this( all part of game, we get it). Just want to throw some numbers out there in case "you" thought no one was watching "all" year. Forgive me if I miss someone, no particular order, O line; #9 #4 #23 #77 #71 #58 #52 #53 #31, D line; #23 #9 #58 #4 #71, as was posted last few years without the 2's and 3's Fort Hill and Allegany would not be as successful as they are. Hats off to both these teams. Prayers for a speedy recovery for injured QBs(they're 2 good young men). PS. Boonsborro (sp?) talks alot of smack, GO ALCO!

I don't know too much about Boonsboro, but it is no mistake that the 3 other teams in 1A west in the playoffs also have the 3 best lines in the area. Many are also anchored by young men who have played the position together 2 or 3 years on varsity. It takes time to develop the cohesiveness needed to form a great O-line. The "right-hand needs to learn what the left-hand" will do in certain situations and then react. This can only be done with repetition and experience. While a so-called "skill position" player often relies on their natural ability for success on the field, the success of the O-line often relies on the hours in the weight room, the reps in practice, and 4 or 5 other teammates working together. When it all comes together, it can be an often overlooked, but beautiful thing. These teams will only go as far as their Line takes them.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
great post, punisher

those boys were challenged this past week and they came out and dominated. No punts, no passes, 500 yards rushing, record for points scored in homecoming. Just smash mouth run the ball down their throat offense. Message sent and received.

as for boonsboro talking I've wanted FH to face them the last couple years but Alco keeps getting them. I work down that way and they swear they would've won state the last few years. I'm torn. I want Alco to win but I wouldn't mind putting Boonsboro on the clock.

Boonsboro is not a tough football team. The kids will definitely play hard but they just don’t have the talent or strength to beat an Alco even with injuries to the first two quarterbacks. I don’t see that making a 35 point differential from the earlier matchup disappear. If Alco would happen to lose this game it Would have to do with something more than Boonsboro actually beating them straight up.

Last edited:
The lines is what really make the difference.. It seperates the good teams from the great teams... It's too bad they don't receive more credit. That's hilarious if Boonsboro really thought they had any chance at State.. If Alco be beats up on them then what do they think FH would do? LOL..

We all know there's no section in the paper for stats pertaining to the young men in the trenches of the O line and D line.(O line) Hopefully we all know without them, the pictures in the paper of running backs scoring touchdowns wouldn't be. If you know a young man (son, brother, nephew, neighbor, friend) that plays in the trenches, (be it red or blue jersey) let him know he's recognized. There are those of us that can see beyond who's carrying the ball. We see what's going on at the line of scrimmage, both sides. We see the traps, we see the reverse direction, we see the decoys, (They) see the running backs going 30, 40, 50 yds, whatever, scoring the tds, then say, "Man, he's an awesome running back!"(which may be true). (D line) Then there"s the D line, we see double teams, we see the backs picking up blocks, we see others getting the credit for the tackles because of this( all part of game, we get it). Just want to throw some numbers out there in case "you" thought no one was watching "all" year. Forgive me if I miss someone, no particular order, O line; #9 #4 #23 #77 #71 #58 #52 #53 #31, D line; #23 #9 #58 #4 #71, as was posted last few years without the 2's and 3's Fort Hill and Allegany would not be as successful as they are. Hats off to both these teams. Prayers for a speedy recovery for injured QBs(they're 2 good young men). PS. Boonsborro (sp?) talks alot of smack, GO ALCO!
Great post punisher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT