ADVERTISEMENT

Not jumping the gun on week 1, Thoughts on the FH / Keyser match up

wvuguy43

Junior Varsity Reader
Aug 26, 2016
my opinion, could be a interesting game, especially being played in the "Friendliest City in the USA"
Does Keyser have the mojo to hang with FH this year or are they outmanned this year.

FH & KHS are both well coached teams...I think advantage is with FH this year.

FH 28
KHS 19

FH & KHS are both well coached teams...I think advantage is with FH this year.

FH 28
KHS 19
Agree here also, after watching the red in the scimmage last night, the adjustments, very strong, i think FH pulls away in the 2nd half

FH 34
KH 21

2 years ago in Keyser it was the Ty Johnson show. This year will be the Brayden Brown show. FH by 4 scores.

2 years ago in Keyser it was the Ty Johnson show. This year will be the Brayden Brown show. FH by 4 scores.
Whoa there friend: It could be the Devontae Johnson show or even the Brady Ours show. Better watch your chest before you fracture a rib or something. I expect that game will be very competitive as it usually is each year with large crowd. Health and Good game for both teams.

Whoa there friend: It could be the Devontae Johnson show or even the Brady Ours show. Better watch your chest before you fracture a rib or something. I expect that game will be very competitive as it usually is each year with large crowd. Health and Good game for both teams.
To much depth on FH side this year my friend, both offense and defense, sorry to bust your bubble.

I'll say this to my Big Red Brethren, while we are indeed deep, deep, deep and talented, of any team on our schedule, Keyser has earned our utmost respect and it's not a stretch to say we should slow our respective roles when it comes to the Golden Tornado. Should be a good game, personally I'll give the nod to the Sentinels.

Keyser football has earned my respect over the past 5 years. As far as I'm concerned Keyser is FH's new Allegany game being that the last 4 games are split a even 2 games a piece.

I say FH +8 In a likely nail biter

The fact that this game is at week 2, early..and usually following an easier game week one for FH, it always has the makings of a decent game. Doesnt always result in a good game, but the potential is there. I dont foresee FH being battle tested going into week two after Brunswick. And although Keyser ran away with the game against Petersburg, they had to battle back. And they will have 2 games under their belt.

Playing Keyser week 2 is the best place for that game...historically and for competition sake.

Keyser football has earned my respect over the past 5 years. As far as I'm concerned Keyser is FH's new Allegany game being that the last 4 games are split a even 2 games a piece.

I say FH +8 In a likely nail biter
Thank You very much GenSneaky for your kind comments for Keyser football. I don't quite think Keyser can replace Alco as number one rivalry for Fort Hill but I do believe that all 3 programs are on solid ground and have respect for those fans that have the same respect. I just don't care for some that are plain out "chest thumpers" and let their heads rule their hearts. Good Luck to all three programs this season.

Thank You very much GenSneaky for your kind comments for Keyser football. I don't quite think Keyser can replace Alco as number one rivalry for Fort Hill but I do believe that all 3 programs are on solid ground and have respect for those fans that have the same respect. I just don't care for some that are plain out "chest thumpers" and let their heads rule their hearts. Good Luck to all three programs this season.

Not a problem... I bleed Red, but we're talking about the local communities children. People talking trash on kids are on a level I don't understand.

Besides that... I went up to watch the Keyser game 4 years ago, lost a bet that we would win, and then was paraded around Keyser the rest of the night with "I (heart) KHS" written upon my forehead lol. One memory I will never forget. You'll never see me bet against Keyser ever again.

Good luck this season!

Last edited:
Not a problem... I bleed Red, but we're talking about the local communities children. People talking trash on kids are on a level I don't understand.

Besides that... I went up to watch the Keyser game 4 years ago, lost a bet that we would win, and then was paraded around Keyser the rest of the night with "I (heart) KHS" written upon my forehead lol. One memory I will never forget. You'll never see me bet against Keyser ever again.

Good luck this season!
It is gonna be one heck of a game!!!! Im. FH guy, but I know coach Biser will have the kids fired up!!!! Big crowd,looking forward to it. Just wish the Cat was still open for wings before game.

When Keyser has been successful against FH, they have been able to block the ends and run the sweep. With FH's starting defensive end out with the knee injury, one would think Biser will try to exploit that.

When Keyser has been successful against FH, they have been able to block the ends and run the sweep. With FH's starting defensive end out with the knee injury, one would think Biser will try to exploit that.
Was a slight injury to a player ,but it was not a DE

I hope you guys get to watch a great game , as for me I'll be lucky to get it on the radio at work . Just want RED to get the W .

Inside word has that Miller will start ahead of Banks tonight, but I look for Banks if things go astray early

As a matter of fact, we may very well see several DE's during the game, it could be interesting. The vacant Guard spot will be a larger issue but let's just pray that #52 has a speedy and full recovery. Some things are more important than a football game.

after watching Keyser last night I was wrong about the 4 scores. I apologize.

FH by at least 6 scores

now who spoketh the truth and who was chest thumping? It was obvious to anyone that got to see both teams that they weren't anywhere near the same level THIS YEAR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT