ADVERTISEMENT

Northern/Mountain Ridge

beall02

Franchise Poster
Jun 2, 2006
This game is absolutely huge for both teams. Neither can afford a loss. If Northern was to lose they do have a much better shot at still making the playoffs where as if Mountain Ridge was to lose.... they would have to win out. Excited to have a game of this importance this late in the season. Hopefully the game lives up to the hype. Encourage many to come watch Friday night.

Glad you're excited about this one. It's a big one for Northern too, They have Alco and Boonsboro left on their schedule and both are going to be tougher games for them. I don't think that Northern can lose more than one game and still have a shot at the playoffs.

The Ridge must still play Keyser and Fort Hill and will need to win them both. I don't think that the Miners have a prayer since those games will be played on sports turf. We saw what Keyser did to Alco.

This is gonna be a good close game. I have Mt. Ridge pulling out the W. 28-21....

Glad you're excited about this one. It's a big one for Northern too, They have Alco and Boonsboro left on their schedule and both are going to be tougher games for them. I don't think that Northern can lose more than one game and still have a shot at the playoffs.

The Ridge must still play Keyser and Fort Hill and will need to win them both. I don't think that the Miners have a prayer since those games will be played on sports turf. We saw what Keyser did to Alco.

Yeah, the game is huge for both squads. The one thing that both these teams have that is the only thing you can ask for at that is their playoff fate in their own hands. All both have to do is keep winning.

Mountain Ridge has 4 games left and if they go 2-2 I don't believe they get in. The 2A West is just to strong this year for them to get in at 6-3. The only way they do is if one of those two wins is against Fort Hill or Keyser with the other one being against Northern. If they lose this game they would have to run the table.

If Northern were to lose this game they can still get in if they win two of the last three. But that could be pretty close too. Hancock, Clear Spring and Smithsburg are coming up close. That loss to Smithsburg in the first week of the season may end up hurting them.

All in all, it is just great to have a game of this importance being played. And as much respect as I have for both Allegany and Fort Hill Football, something else that makes it different is the fact that neither one of those teams are involved and it still means so much. Good for Northern and Mountain Ridge to be a factor. Better for area football.

Mt. Ridge won't score more then 7 points in this game. Northern has only given up 35 points all year and 20 of those were against Keyser. The same Keyser who scored 48 on FH and 42 (could have been 70) on Allegany. It will be a big upset if Mt. Ridge wins this game

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Mt. Ridge won't score more then 7 points in this game. Northern has only given up 35 points all year and 20 of those were against Keyser. The same Keyser who scored 48 on FH and 42 (could have been 70) on Allegany. It will be a big upset if Mt. Ridge wins this game
The same keyser that lost to hampshire who mt.ridge beat? The only common opponent for both is frankfort. Both Schools won big over the falcons and both only gave up 6 points.Northern record on the road is 3-0 while the Ridge at home is 4-0.The Miners average 40 points per game to the Huskies 26 however mt.ridge gives up a avg 25 points to northerns 5. I did'nt realize how good Northerns defense is so im still gonna go with Mt.Ridge but ima say 14-13... My head is telling me Northern is gonna win like 28-7 but my gut feeling is its gonna be one of them good close nailbitter games with the Miners coming out on top.

The same keyser that lost to hampshire who mt.ridge beat? The only common opponent for both is frankfort. Both Schools won big over the falcons and both only gave up 6 points.Northern record on the road is 3-0 while the Ridge at home is 4-0.The Miners average 40 points per game to the Huskies 26 however mt.ridge gives up a avg 25 points to northerns 5. I did'nt realize how good Northerns defense is so im still gonna go with Mt.Ridge but ima say 14-13... My head is telling me Northern is gonna win like 28-7 but my gut feeling is its gonna be one of them good close nailbitter games with the Miners coming out on top.

Hampshire didn't beat the same Keyser team that beat Fort Hill and routed your Campers. Cody Rodeheaver didn't play against Hampshire. He had 174 yards and 3 td's against Fort Hill and well over 100 yards against your Campers so clearly Keyser isn't the same team without him. Take Brayden Brown off the field for Ft. Hill and see how different they look. And Alco. Well,there's not really an outstanding player on their team so there's no one to compare Rodeheaver too

Hampshire didn't beat the same Keyser team that beat Fort Hill and routed your Campers. Cody Rodeheaver didn't play against Hampshire. He had 174 yards and 3 td's against Fort Hill and well over 100 yards against your Campers so clearly Keyser isn't the same team without him. Take Brayden Brown off the field for Ft. Hill and see how different they look. And Alco. Well,there's not really an outstanding player on their team so there's no one to compare Rodeheaver too

Mt. Ridge won't score more then 7 points against Northern unless Northern turns it over alot or Ridge returns a kick or 2

Northern wins easily. They have an outstanding backfield and are very aggressive on defense. Aaron Rodeheaver is one of the toughest runners in the area. The kid broke his thumb in game against Keyser, taped it up and finished the game. Had surgery the next morning and then proceeds to, I believe, score three touchdowns the following Friday against Frankfort. Coach Carr has them rolling right now.

I'm rooting for Ridge, but I think it goes Northern's way. Give me Ridge and 14 points.

I know Keyser did'nt have their best player but they still should've been able to handle a 0-4 Hampshire team without him.. Take Brayden Brown off FH and I bet they still dont lose to any 0-4 team.

I have to give credit where credit is due. You picked this one 100%. I would say that I didn't see the Mountain Ridge offense playing that badly. I should have know better though. I think the game at Hedgesville was very telling. The only two good defensive teams they have played all year have held them to 7 and 14 points. I was hoping for a different outcome but will regroup and hope we can come out with one next weekend.

On another note, Aaron Rodeheaver, and I don't like to put kids names on here for any reason, but this guy is a beast. Very impressive to see him over the past two years. And a note to area fans, Northern is very young. This team is not only dangerous this year, they will be again next year.

Thanks Beall02. I only went by watching Northern's defense against Keyser and the fact that Mt. Ridge only scored 14 against Allegany. Allegany's defense is terrible. If not for mistakes Keyser would have scored 70 on Alco. Northern's D is for real

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT