ADVERTISEMENT

New Town upsets Douglass-PG 3-0 in overtime

A year ago, Douglass upset Dunbar in the semi finals. Douglass was undefeated this year.

New Town is just flat out better than Douglass. They have better players and they thoroughly outcoached Douglass today. It was a bad day for the Douglass coaching staff. New Town has this kid (UMass commit) who is a WR/LB/Punter and he was the difference.

Reactions: everyones-an-expert
I tried to tell everyone this after FH scrimmaged New Town back in August and got all they could handle that New Town had talent. People said no way. Dude they have physically gifted kids.

Milford Mill also got knocked out yesterday. People said they were the team to beat out of the region.

I tried to tell everyone this after FH scrimmaged New Town back in August and got all they could handle that New Town had talent. People said no way. Dude they have physically gifted kids.

Milford Mill also got knocked out yesterday. People said they were the team to beat out of the region.

New Town actually should have won the game in regulation but their QB made a mental error. It wasn't the coach's fault just a kid getting excited and making a mistake. When New Town went to the spread at the end Douglass didn't look ready for it. I thought Douglass was overrated all year any way.

New Town is just flat out better than Douglass. They have better players and they thoroughly outcoached Douglass today. It was a bad day for the Douglass coaching staff. New Town has this kid (UMass commit) who is a WR/LB/Punter and he was the difference.
Not sure this is an upset. Also not sure a 3-0 victory via overtime yields the conclusion that one team is flat out better than the other. I didn't observe the game but the score suggests they're evenly matched.

My 2A Preseason #1 was Douglass-PG. My #2 was Middletown. Middletown is still alive and travels to Elkton next. I don’t know much about Elkton this year but they have been getting some notice in the state media poll this year. A friend tells me the only quality opponent Elkton played this year was Oakdale and both Middletown and Elkton best Oakdale by 17 and 20, respectively.

I personally consider New Town’s win an upset but that is my opinion. 3-0, what a dogfight. Many people don’t like those kind of games but I love them. I would have liked to watch this one. Any play of these types of game could be the winner.

My 2A Preseason #1 was Douglass-PG. My #2 was Middletown. Middletown is still alive and travels to Elkton next. I don’t know much about Elkton this year but they have been getting some notice in the state media poll this year. A friend tells me the only quality opponent Elkton played this year was Oakdale and both Middletown and Elkton best Oakdale by 17 and 20, respectively.

I personally consider New Town’s win an upset but that is my opinion. 3-0, what a dogfight. Many people don’t like those kind of games but I love them. I would have liked to watch this one. Any play of these types of game could be the winner.

Douglass HC Pinckney won't be sleeping well tonight:

1st Half: Ball on the NT 10 yard line, they pass up a FG attempt on 4th down and turn the ball over on downs.
1st Half: Badly missed FG
2nd Half: Ball on NT 1 yard line, ran some crazy play that didn't work and turn the ball over on downs.
2nd Half: Ball on the NT 3 yard line, fumble
OT: Ball on the NT 15 yard line lining up for go ahead FG, delay of game penalty pushes them back, so they change the play and decide to go for it, and turn the ball over on downs.

1st Half: Ball on the NT 10 yard line, they pass up a FG attempt on 4th down and turn the ball over on downs.
2nd Half: Ball on NT 1 yard line, ran some crazy play that didn't work and turn the ball over on downs.
OT: Ball on the NT 15 yard line lining up for go ahead FG, delay of game penalty pushes them back, so they change the play and decide to go for it, and turn the ball over on downs.
They needed Danny King.

Sounds like they definitely had chances. Counting OT at least four chances from inside the 10. I bet the coach is probably sick.

It still surprises me that many teams cannot kick basic short FG’s even at a 50% probability. I can remember our youth league teams back in the 1990’s were effective at extra point kicks and kids could kick 30 yarders with confidence, and that was 7th and 8th graders.

Reactions: RedPride97
Milford was the best team in that region. They didn’t play eachother in region play. MM never rlly got out of their own way this year. Doug-PG had chances inside the 5 and blew them, that simple. NT advances on. The same NT who lost to Overlea. Lining up very well for them, still not understanding how they’re not traveling to Elkton instead of Potomac

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT