ADVERTISEMENT

New Oxford

All good on injury front. Just trying different fullback options. I thought #3 did very well. Runs with a little more size and power. Been saying this soph has a nice future. Looks close to 6 feet tall. Passes the physical eye test. Also the junior #8 seeing a good bit of time at nose. All of it gives starters much needed rest thru rotation. Depth.
Very good, depth is a nice problem to have. I thought FH might try this earlier this season with #21, also a nice sized kid. How much do you know about #41 on JV. Another decent size kid I saw score 3 times on 3 touches on 3 very different plays. A punt return, a long run from scrimmage with some nice cuts, and a 10 yard power run. He even looks like a player standing still. Played so single deep back on defense as well. I know that is a key spot in FH defensive schemes. Deep depth. Great problem to have.

I'm not going to take a whiz down people's back and tell them it's raining. Not my style. Homecoming is upon Cumberland. And I said this during the last Commercial Video Broadcast when FH played Smithsburg as a semi-joke...

I don't think there's anybody in this FH organization not focused on the Miners...I mean Allegany.

With that said, tonight's game at New Oxford was important for FH to make sure they lock in a 1A seed where they do not have to travel to Mountain Ridge for a late round playoff game. Tonight's win more than likely sealed that deal, even if the Sentinels were to lose Homecoming. FH and Mtn Ridge can only meet in Annapolis if they both keep winning now.

No disrespect to Allegany or the long standing Homecoming/Turkey Day traditions but the fact is Mtn Ridge is currently the rival for FH. It's a big game during the regular season, even bigger in the post-season. At the same time the ole adage you take it one game at a time always rings true. Can't overlook a team like New Oxford and certainly not a team like Alco. But everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't think Mtn Ridge wasn't eyeballing what FH does every week and vice-versa FH wasn't doing the same eyeballing Mtn Ridge every week.

But you have to get to Annapolis by taking it one game at a time. FH and Alco are likely to play twice in a two week period. I would never advise either Alco or FH to mentally put themselves where they want to be six weeks from now.
It’s all about MR. They exposed FH. It was usually Dunbar that knocked the Big Red down? I can’t wait for the rematch. I really do hope that the coaches are doing the things that good, disciplined teams do. That is a must if they are going to remind Ridge who the big dog is. Right now Ridge is the big dog but I have a feeling that the staff and the players at FH will have something else to say about that in Annapolis. Eliminate the penalties and the fumbles and I have no doubt FH will beat Ridge. Turnovers and penalties are unacceptable!

Funny things can happen on the way to the rematch. It happened to Dunbar just a few years ago

Reactions: ravemwp
I remember well…. 2018…. The year FH had the slow start, but a dominant finish. So many on here had that FH team going 6-4

Reactions: ravemwp
Does anybody remember the good old days when FH had an away game and the talk all week long would be 1) Is there enough seating 2) Are there enough bathrooms 3) Will there be concession stands
It was kind of shocking to see what maybe 150 people at the game. Perhaps 20% of the bleachers full, at best. It's been a while but there used to be so many people at these games that FH filled up their side and occupied a good bit of the opponents. It's very sad to see the population has dwindled so much. Is there any real reason why the Cumberland schools aren't consolidating at this point?

Reactions: ravemwp and Tony54
Yes, things have changed over the years however it’s obvious you weren’t there. I arrived an hour and a half early and actually counted a few over 100 already in the stands. Probably at least 500 there. Keep In mind this game was 2 hours away, paying $4.79 for a gallon of gas and many fans aware the game was televised live on YouTube.
Also doesn’t help that the band was unable to attend due to competition on the same day. I was surprised how small of a crowd New Oxford had for a 7-1 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT