ADVERTISEMENT

New Oxford

Argox66

All State Poster
Oct 30, 2017
Both teams, one loss each. Not familiar with the Colonials program. I only know the Sentinels are on the road. May be one heck of a game.

Thoughts?

So FH in 3 out of the last 4 games has gone on the road to Oakdale, to Mtn Ridge on senior night and now to New Oxford on senior night. No one can knock the difficulty of the road games this year.

Report from a friend is that they run a no-huddle, spread. hand signals from the sidelines, etc. Not a huge O-line, but effective enough. D is so so, likely has seen very little if any wing-T. D line play isn't super. FH can match them speedwise.

My guess is, unless they're just trying some things out after getting a lead, FH really has no reason to be in shotgun this game. They'll probably score at will on offense from the standard set.

*It will also be senior night for The Ox.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argox66
Report from a friend is that they run a no-huddle, spread. hand signals from the sidelines, etc. Not a huge O-line, but effective enough. D is so so, likely has seen very little if any wing-T. D line play isn't super. FH can match them speedwise.

My guess is, unless they're just trying some things out after getting a lead, FH really has no reason to be in shotgun this game. They'll probably score at will on offense from the standard set.

*It will also be senior night for The Ox.
Thanks. I hope it will be well represented on NFHS next week. Oakdale didn’t work at all on the site due to tech difficulties, and Mountain Ridge, all I could hear was the hollering of the Ridge fans. Yesterday’s at home game at Greenway, the announcers were loud and clear and I could get the gist of the game clearly.

Thanks. I hope it will be well represented on NFHS next week. Oakdale didn’t work at all on the site due to tech difficulties, and Mountain Ridge, all I could hear was the hollering of the Ridge fans. Yesterday’s at home game at Greenway, the announcers were loud and clear and I could get the gist of the game clearly.
Yeah, NFHS kinda sucks. Several of the games looked like they were being shot through a 30-year old muddy window. And, if you listen closely, the recorded sound is the same for many games and it's being played on a loop. Pretty sad. If you watch live, the audio is real. Some games it's real, but, again, many are not.

Yeah, NFHS kinda sucks. Several of the games looked like they were being shot through a 30-year old muddy window. And, if you listen closely, the recorded sound is the same for many games and it's being played on a loop. Pretty sad. If you watch live, the audio is real. Some games it's real, but, again, many are not.
this is all the locals schools fault, they have to set it up and it's bad because they don't care about it. They could have announcers even if it the students or they could have the radio play by play synced into it but they just don't wanna put in an effort

Just search “New Oxford football” Or “community media“. Their all there.

The FH-New Oxford game is not scheduled for coverage on NFHS. Searched listing thru both schools but nothing shows up on the schedule for broadcast. I was hoping to see that game.

Reactions: 4R341 and Tony54
Thanks for the info, bigdawg. If I'm not free at kickoff, do you know if it's available later that night? Thanks.

Wow! Their YouTube channel is wonderful!
Oh, 15-0 Sentinels, but they are being tested against a decent passing game. Colonials aren’t running too well, though.

I hear the Oxford fans are tough to deal with today. Anyone there that witnessed their behavior?

Final score 28-0 FH. I am willing to bet you that this team is much better than what we saw tonight.

Nice team win, but you have to clean up the penalties. Holding, and personal fouls totally unacceptable.

Reactions: Argox66
Am I seeing this correctly? This game only took two hours to play without a running clock?

Well done, Sentinels! I don't think it was the best game plan, but it certainly was effective. Clock management was methodical. There were some very unusual penalties that were called well after the plays were over. NO is a good football team who were beat by good clock management. As much as I hate '70's FH football play calling (pound-it-up-the-middle), it was effective tonight. They better not use it again with such regularity, though. They caught this team with their pants down, so to speak.

Reactions: Argox66 and ravemwp
Nice team win, but you have to clean up the penalties. Holding, and personal fouls totally unacceptable.
What happened on the personal foul call on FH. He made the pass break up and bent over to tie his shoe and a flag ended up at his feet.

Reactions: ravemwp
Anybody in the know of why #3 got so many touches during the regular game script. Did some one get hurt. Not sure of the actual numbers, but it seems he out touched #1, #5, and #20 combined. Especially in the 2nd half. Maybe not, but I heard his name called a lot. Played well.

Last edited:
Anybody in the know of why #3 got so many touches during the regular game script. Did some one get hurt. Not sure of the actual numbers, but it seems he out touched #1, #5, and #20 combined. Especially in the 2nd half. Maybe not, but I heard his name called a lot. Played well.
All good on injury front. Just trying different fullback options. I thought #3 did very well. Runs with a little more size and power. Been saying this soph has a nice future. Looks close to 6 feet tall. Passes the physical eye test. Also the junior #8 seeing a good bit of time at nose. All of it gives starters much needed rest thru rotation. Depth.

Also notice a FH offensive huddle tonight? And a change of cadence. All for a reason. Break the huddle and snap it. No time to tee off on tendecies.
Methodical. The penalties, if legitimate, were still too much, though.

What happened on the personal foul call on FH. He made the pass break up and bent over to tie his shoe and a flag ended up at his feet.
I wondered the same thing. It seemed like there were some penalties that weren't announced correctly. There was one against NO, a 15-yarder, that wasn't announced at all. I guess this is because their having a ref problem out there? Wasn't this why the game had to be rescheduled for today?

I've said this before but it is something the staff needs to consider...as soon as the penalties start sit the guy down for a series or two. At this point the only way the penalties decrease is if you decrease the playing time of those who aren't getting it.

To say the officiating left a lot to be desired would be an understatement.

Allen caught a pass in the 2nd half and had enough for the first down on a 4th and 9. was down at the NO 29....until the official moved the ball back to just over the 30 which left them short and a turnover on downs.

Willis had a run of about 12 yds for a first down. Officials get together and move the ball back so it was only a three yard gain. Willis wasn't near the sideline till he was pushed out and no explanation was given as to why the ball was moved back. It there was a flag thrown, nobody saw it.

New Oxford I'm sure had plenty to gripe about as well. They were called for three or four holds.

I'm not going to take a whiz down people's back and tell them it's raining. Not my style. Homecoming is upon Cumberland. And I said this during the last Commercial Video Broadcast when FH played Smithsburg as a semi-joke...

I don't think there's anybody in this FH organization not focused on the Miners...I mean Allegany.

With that said, tonight's game at New Oxford was important for FH to make sure they lock in a 1A seed where they do not have to travel to Mountain Ridge for a late round playoff game. Tonight's win more than likely sealed that deal, even if the Sentinels were to lose Homecoming. FH and Mtn Ridge can only meet in Annapolis if they both keep winning now.

No disrespect to Allegany or the long standing Homecoming/Turkey Day traditions but the fact is Mtn Ridge is currently the rival for FH. It's a big game during the regular season, even bigger in the post-season. At the same time the ole adage you take it one game at a time always rings true. Can't overlook a team like New Oxford and certainly not a team like Alco. But everyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't think Mtn Ridge wasn't eyeballing what FH does every week and vice-versa FH wasn't doing the same eyeballing Mtn Ridge every week.

But you have to get to Annapolis by taking it one game at a time. FH and Alco are likely to play twice in a two week period. I would never advise either Alco or FH to mentally put themselves where they want to be six weeks from now.

Methodical. The penalties, if legitimate, were still too much, though.
Yes, the holding calls were really the only thing that stopped the FH drives that didn't result in points.

It always struck me as odd that a team who runs the ball 90% of the time gets 6 offensive holding calls while the team that throws it 25 times gets one or two holding calls.

These refs stunk at New Oxford. Not because they were cheating one team either. They were just flag happy, all 10 and 15 yard variety judgement calls that were very inconsistent. Even the calls against New Oxford were head scratchers at times. I don't care for officials who feel they have to control the game. If I was a referee they would fire me for never throwing a flag.

it will be live on Youtube at the link below. just go on there before game time and they have been live for every home game. with announcers and everything, it's a pretty good broadcast for sure.
BigDawg thanks for the heads-up on the YouTube Channel! I watched the game and listened to the play-by-play on WTBO, sync was a few seconds off .... but not a problem. I think this is the first time I have seen FH play live on TV. Usually, I listen to the game on the internet here in FL. Thanks again. Jim

Yes, the holding calls were really the only thing that stopped the FH drives that didn't result in points.

It always struck me as odd that a team who runs the ball 90% of the time gets 6 offensive holding calls while the team that throws it 25 times gets one or two holding calls.

These refs stunk at New Oxford. Not because they were cheating one team either. They were just flag happy, all 10 and 15 yard variety judgement calls that were very inconsistent. Even the calls against New Oxford were head scratchers at times. I don't care for officials who feel they have to control the game. If I was a referee they would fire me for never throwing a flag.
Especially if the penalty has no bearing on the play. I've noted several times this year that I have seen flags thrown for holding when two players were slow dancing 30 to 40 yards away from the action. Still though FH needs to eliminate these penalties by being fundamentally sound with their blocking techniques.

Reactions: Dwj21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT