ADVERTISEMENT

Much Ado about nothing

Facts are facts are facts. Even if you don't like them it's still a fact. Douglass was a 5 loss team last year. Only in 1A will a 5 loss team be in contention for a championship. Why is it considered "belittling" to state a fact? Lol

I don't gas up Dunbar. But a Appel coached FH team has never defeated them. That's another fact. And Douglass was 2A in 13-14.

FH's OL is still better than 97% of 1A schools. The problem is when they face teams that can match their OL (Catoctin, Dunbar) they never change strategies. FH is one dimensional on offense. If they can't run the ball they won't beat you in the air. That has been proven repeatedly.
Still beating t
I agree with most of this. Like you said, Dunbar definitely capitalized from playing at 1A. I never said Dunbar is an amazing squad. Even in the TA years, do you remember any other players from that team? It's been proven over the years that a team with one great player can be neutralized.

My comments were actually in reference to the ridiculous comment Comet said about the FH team, "Would have easily beaten Dunbar in 13-14". In 2012 FH lost to Brunswick in the playoffs, and then Dunbar beat Brunswick 40-8 in the next round. But one year later in 2013 FH would have "easily beaten Dunbar"? If you've never ever beaten a team, it's really a reach to surmise you can "easily" beat them one year later. If Dunbar stays in 1A I don't think even the most die-hard FH fan (or red jacket as Lag would say, lol) would say they win 4 titles in a row. But we will never know. Especially because those years FH played such a soft schedule. I understand it's not FH's fault that Dunbar was reclassed. But imagine the great game if a Ty Johnson team had played at least one game against Martinsburg. And that will be part of Appel's legacy at the end of the day.

The word "special" is of course a subjective term so I can't debate that. Some people may think every championship team is "special". The Silver Hoop champs could be "special".
bla bla bla. Your comparisons are ridiculously ignorant. We could play that game in any sport in any classification. Watch how easy it is. Martinsburg is really not that good because football in West Virginia is subpar. Damascus won the title in 3A this year but 3A was down. Linganore did not have a very good team. The patriots are dominating the NFL right now because the talent has been spread so thin. All of these arguments that you put up are from somebody who doesn’t understand squat When you win a championship it’s because you are the best.
only one team gets to win each year have a little bit of damn respect . The fact of the matter is you’re just another Fort Hill hater because they win all the time and you can’t stand it. Go back to your hole little boy blue. At least come up with an argument that makes a little bit of sense.

Some good humility in that post, which isn't easy when your squad has been as good as FH has been for the past decade or so and gets a loss like Catoctin gave you. Believe me, as an Alco guy, it still amazes me. A couple of us were kicking it around this past weekend, trying to figure out how our program has fallen to where it's at now, what's different from how it was when we played and how it can get back to a more competitive level.

Even our FH buddies who were there with us agreed that hey, FH just ran out of gas this season. I agree with them, plus like everyone has stated here already, y'all lost 2 key coaches and a boat load of starters from last year. That's hard to come back from at any level, but especially 1A where our programs have the fewest amount of resources in terms of bodies, coaches with external influences and experience, exposure to a lot of other outside variables, etc.

I said it earlier this week though, you guys went 11-2 and made it to the final four in the state. The fact that there's a lot of discussion and complaining about it means that the program is very strong and the expectations are high, which is exactly what you want.

So overall, a good season for the kids and the coaches. If a lot of players return and coaching changes are minimal, then FH is setting up for another good one next year.

Good point about Belichick and Saban always losing key assistants... both at the top of their games as head coaches, but even they're both having down years this season. It's cyclical, every good run has dips and every good run comes to an end.
Coney you are the right coach away from being right back where you were. I tend to think people over think things. If Refosco came to town tomorrow and took over you'd be a winner the first year, second year you'd play for a title. Yes Alco has limitations they didn't have years ago, but so does FH. You just never know who is going to be a good head coach and whose going to be a great head coach.

Coney you are the right coach away from being right back where you were. I tend to think people over think things. If Refosco came to town tomorrow and took over you'd be a winner the first year, second year you'd play for a title. Yes Alco has limitations they didn't have years ago, but so does FH. You just never know who is going to be a good head coach and whose going to be a great head coach.

I dunno. If Refosco could do as you say with a depleted Alco, then surely a scorching, hot Toddy legend would not have surrendered at the Appelmattox court house of football in Catoctin.

Reactions: RedPride97
FH 4 in a row is a state record.
Dunbar 7 out of 9 is a state record
Both Coach of The Year
That is all you need to know.

10 years of the same copy and paste from Boyz trying to discount record setting 1A programs on multiple forums. Don't you have anything new to add? Try helping kids for once instead of trying to diminish their worth behind a screen name. How many schools have you helped find games and how many kids have you helped get to college? Yap, yap, yap from a person who knows nothing about those subjects. It's my understanding that you never even played organized football. True that?

Although your greatest schedule logic was a beaut. "Hey, do you guys want to play us in a football game?" "No we already have an opponent that week." "OK then you must be ducking us." Now that's funny.

And no, you were the first to bring up comparing FH to higher classes: Those kinds of things happen in 1A because 1A is simply not playing at the same level as the rest of the state. And in response to such a moronic statement - No shit! Should 1A be playing the same level at all the higher classes? LOL.

Saying 1A is not at the same level as the rest of the state is a fact. That shouldn't be controversial. I was talking about other 1A schools that FH has played. Can you read!!! I also said Dunbar benefited from playing at the 1A level. I have said at least twice in this thread that 1A schools should not be compared to the higher classifications. Why did you even bring Wise and Martinsburg into the conversation? That had zero relevance in this thread. Before you introduced that stuff nobody was talking about it. You are just like the guy 9 Route who used to be on this page where you just want to rehash the same stupid arguments every day. You start that stuff and then play the victim and wonder why people are talking about Martinsburg all the time.

I never played organized football? LOL!!!!! You obviously have me confused with somebody else. Get your facts straight and then come back and address me you ****ing clown. I knew you were drinking fermented lemonade!!! Go back down to Uncle Jacks and get some better gossip about me. First people said I wasn't a journalist and I posted the links and shut that down and now I never played organized football. I love you guys though, lol

But just so people won't believe this nonsense you keep typing. I have great respect FH football. Good coaching, the kids work hard every year, are dedicated and really buy into the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
Saying 1A is not at the same level as the rest of the state is a fact. That shouldn't be controversial. I was talking about other 1A schools that FH has played. Can you read!!! I also said Dunbar benefited from playing at the 1A level. I have said at least twice in this thread that 1A schools should not be compared to the higher classifications. Why did you even bring Wise and Martinsburg into the conversation? That had zero relevance in this thread. Before you introduced that stuff nobody was talking about it. You are just like the guy 9 Route who used to be on this page where you just want to rehash the same stupid arguments every day. You start that stuff and then play the victim and wonder why people are talking about Martinsburg all the time.

I never played organized football? LOL!!!!! You obviously have me confused with somebody else. Get your facts straight and then come back and address me you ****ing clown. I knew you were drinking fermented lemonade!!! Go back down to Uncle Jacks and get some better gossip about me. First people said I wasn't a journalist and I posted the links and shut that down and now I never played organized football. I love you guys though, lol

But just so people won't believe this nonsense you keep typing. I have great respect FH football. Good coaching, the kids work hard every year, are dedicated and really buy into the program.

To get this thread back on the Shakespeare theme, we now have our Dogberry character identified. As always, Boyz is entertaining.

So if you have great respect for FH's program why is it your mission to constantly get on this forum and others and belittle what they accomplish? Actually, I'm not trying to be a smart ass. It just doesn't make sense that someone in your field would be so obsessed with such a narrow minded point to constantly make. I know you must have friends on the staff and apparently know some of the kids.

Last edited:
So if you have great respect for FH's program why is it your mission to constantly get on this forum and others and belittle what they accomplish? Actually, I'm not trying to be a smart ass. It just doesn't make sense that someone in your field would be so obsessed with such a narrow minded point to constantly make. I know you must have friends on the staff and apparently know some of the kids.

Boyz writes well and stands his ground. Why is having a different perspective about the level of play and failing to call Appel a legend anything attuned to a belittle what they accomplish at FH?

To get this thread back on the Shakespeare theme, we now have our Dogberry character identified. As always, Boyz is entertaining.

We have recently seen a true Dogberry type performance, where the directions from Appel over his mic were not made "trippingly on the tongue" and the team sadly did "saw the air" with their hands whilst laying the ball on the ground. - (with great apology to Willy.... Hamlet, Act 3, scene 2)

Last edited:
We have recently seen a true Dogberry type performance, where the directions from Appel over his mic were not made "trippingly on the tongue" and the team sadly did "saw the air" with their hands whilst laying the ball on the ground. - with great apology to Willy.... Hamlet, Act 3, scene 2.

Nice try but you've hijacked the thread...wrong play Lags.

Nice try but you've hijacked the thread...wrong play Lags.

Thread started by:
FHHSAHS Hall of Fame Poster
Much Ado about nothing
"...From the feigned outrage over the facilities at Catoctin....last night's game which was literally the biggest breakdown I've ever seen as FH fan of 40+ years.... Their coaches were literally screaming out every play FH was running....Out coached every aspect of the FH side....They played with what looked like no fire, no on field leadership, some of them just flat out quit...This one is rough. Not because FH lost to a better team. But because they didn't play like they wanted to win. And if you don't play like you want to win."

My choice of Shakespearean verse was spot on. As clear as the finest crystal. No hijack, just redirecting focus to its proper perspective. (Incidentally, the actors Hamlet was trying to coach were 'dogberry' type characters - as were considered the general fools in all Shakespeare's plays... or so I understand: Bottom, Sir Andrew... the Gravediggers in Hamlet and so forth.)

Last edited:

Wrong again. Teams win in every class because they are better. Again you failed to grasp common sense sense. It doesn’t matter if you win peewee league football or professional football. You’re competing against teams in your class. By consistently putting down Fort Hill you are proving to be nothing more than a hater. Teams that play 4a football should be better than teams in 1a. So what

So if you have great respect for FH's program why is it your mission to constantly get on this forum and others and belittle what they accomplish?

This is the only narrow-minded view I've seen on this thread. If stating facts and backing up an honest opinion is belittling something, you are brutally triggered.

You and RamRight need some more time at the gun rage if you trigger so easily.

Reactions: BoyznBlue

Post of The Year - "1A is simply not playing at the same level as the rest of the state."

Of course this isn't controversial Einstein. Imagine that, the smallest class isn't at the level of all the higher classes (insert sarcasm here). Too bad someone can't pin this to the top for all to see as it might be the dumbest obvious observation ever posted here. I repeat things? Are you even aware that you have been posting this same exact negative stuff for over a decade in an attempt to devalue the accomplishments of teenage kids? At least get some new material. I don't go to Uncle Jacks except for the Big Red circle jerk once every three years. Stick to enlightening the world with your hip-hop coverage Master G with a double E. Yes, 1A is not as good as the rest of the state. One would think there is no need to point that out 50 times.

This thread was about FH and Catoctin. Scroll down through this thread to about 12 posts and tell me who first brought up comparing 1A to the rest of the bigger classes in this state. Please, somebody show me where I am wrong. Jesus Christ Sid - Merry Christmas or something. Have Santa bring you some reading glasses or a higher IQ.

Last edited:
Post of The Year - "1A is simply not playing at the same level as the rest of the state."

Of course this isn't controversial Einstein. Imagine that, the smallest class isn't at the level of all the higher classes (insert sarcasm here). Too bad someone can't pin this to the top for all to see as it might be the dumbest obvious observation ever posted here. I repeat things? Are you even aware that you have been posting this same exact negative stuff for over a decade in an attempt to devalue the accomplishments of teenage kids? At least get some new material. I don't go to Uncle Jacks except for the Big Red circle jerk once every three years. Stick to enlightening the world with your hip-hop coverage Master G with a double E. Yes, 1A is not as good as the rest of the state. One would think there is no need to point that out 50 times.

This thread was about FH and Catoctin. Scroll down through this thread to about 12 posts and tell me who first brought up comparing 1A to the rest of the bigger classes in this state. Please, somebody show me where I am wrong. Jesus Christ Sid - Merry Christmas or something. Have Santa bring you some reading glasses or a higher IQ.

Please, somebody show me where I am wrong: OK, I read from the top of the thread and a FH supporter mentioned Martinsburg first. Then another FH supporter mentioned Dunbar. Then in response I mentioned Surrattsville, Havre De Grace, etc., all 1A schools that FH has played in recent years. You were the only clown that made some irrelevant point about "4A measuring standard". Then you brought up Wise, and Martinsburg again. Up until that point everyone was on topic. You bring up Martinsburg in every thread and then wonder why things get repeated "50 times". What did Wise or any 4A school have to do with the conversation up until you brought it up? Are you not good at reading? Yes, once you introduced the 4A nonsense to the thread other people responded to it.

Todd, you are looking really bad in this conversation. You're supposed to be the professional. You run the Fort Hill website. You write articles for the Times-News. But you're running around town collecting gossip about me playing organized football like you're a seventh grade girl or something. And even worse, you're spreading incorrect gossip. Go talk to people that actually know me and come back with better material. Act like a professional.

Reactions: OneRing
Now, Boyz, when will you recognize that schools such as St. Frances, Middletown, Walkersville, Calvert Hall, MSJ, and Friendship Collegiate also have played Silver Oak within the last two years? Or...is it only FH that matters playing Silver Oak?

Please, somebody show me where I am wrong: OK, I read from the top of the thread and a FH supporter mentioned Martinsburg first. Then another FH supporter mentioned Dunbar. Then in response I mentioned Surrattsville, Havre De Grace, etc., all 1A schools that FH has played in recent years. You were the only clown that made some irrelevant point about "4A measuring standard". Then you brought up Wise, and Martinsburg again. Up until that point everyone was on topic. You bring up Martinsburg in every thread and then wonder why things get repeated "50 times". What did Wise or any 4A school have to do with the conversation up until you brought it up? Are you not good at reading? Yes, once you introduced the 4A nonsense to the thread other people responded to it.

Todd, you are looking really bad in this conversation. You're supposed to be the professional. You run the Fort Hill website. You write articles for the Times-News. But you're running around town collecting gossip about me playing organized football like you're a seventh grade girl or something. And even worse, you're spreading incorrect gossip. Go talk to people that actually know me and come back with better material. Act like a professional.
Still think you should stick to music

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT