ADVERTISEMENT

MPSSAA state championships on TV

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Once again the title games will be broadcast live by WNUV 54 - The CW Baltimore. And once again I have no idea whether Cumberland will carry the game. Atlantic Broadband does not carry WNUV but in the past Atlantic BB has managed to pick the game up on some other channel.

I have no idea nor do I care. Go to the game if it's that important to you.

Who cares if you don't care? I think it sucks that it is difficult for people who actually can't go. I will be there but some of us who support the program have parents who support the program that are older with physical ailments and can't make the trip. It used to be possible to watch a tape delay by Commercial Video but the state does not permit that anymore. Who knows what you will get if you by the DVD of the game from the state or CW54 or whoever owns the rights to it? Not too long ago they broadcast the funeral of a crackhead prostitute liking mayor skipping a significant chunk of the first quarter of the state championship game.

Last edited:
The DVD and the NFHS tape delay stream of the game has always been good.

"I have no idea nor do I care. Go to the game if it's that important to you."

Really? Why add the smart comment to the post? Is that how you really feel about fans who can't make it to the big game?

Really? Why add the smart comment to the post? Is that how you really feel about fans who can't make it to the big game?

I've been saying this for some time... The apathy coming from those involved with the program towards the fans has been a major turn off... But they'll be the first ones complaining about lack of ticket sales. If you search hard enough you'll find posts stating that those involved don't care about what fans think... Not only that but the defeatist attitude by those involved is really disheartening... Its a shame this is what its come too... I saw one of the sorriest posts on here yesterday.. A FH poster was so frightened at the thought of playing Martinsburg, after watching their championship game, he got shit cramps and went out and bought deadbolts lol... And that's indicitive of about 98% of the adults involved So glad I didn't have to grow up in this generation of participation trophies and shying away from competition... Its reflective in just about every aspect of life....

Last edited:
Reactions: rock9221

Sorry if it's not on TV, which will be an Atlantic Broadband late decision if they do decide to pick it up live. You can PPV stream it live. It will be on the radio live for free like every other road game. You can watch the replay for free online or buy the DVD. Or you can get to the game in person at one of the most beautiful venues in the state. We have buses and plenty of folks driving that would have an open seat. Beyond that, I'm not sure what more anyone could ask for. With just a little effort the game is everywhere. If you are an elderly person or have a physical disability or something similar that keeps you from going to the game then what can I do to help? But if your reasoning is I just don't want to go to the game or deal with trying to pay or get it online, then no I don't care in the least.

Or let me put it another way. I have able bodied friends and relatives that live in Cumberland and around the Baltimore/DC area that say they don't want to go see that game. That's fine, but why are you complaining that it might not be on TV?

The game might be a blow out according to some so there is no need for bigsavage to see this game in person or on TV if it won't entertain him. But you are absolutely correct, no one involved with FH football cares what a hiding message board poster has to continually gripe about. Just give me a 4th state title and I'll say thanks for the effort and achievement. Do you actually have anything positive to contribute? Anything at all? FH football owes you nothing. It's about the kids...high school kids. That's why we do things. That's why we volunteer our time. Not for selfish reasons. There is no "I" in state champs.

GO BIG RED!

Last edited:
Sorry if it's not on TV, which will be an Atlantic Broadband late decision if they do decide to pick it up live. You can PPV stream it live. It will be on the radio live for free like every other road game. You can watch the replay for free online or buy the DVD. Or you can get to the game in person at one of the most beautiful venues in the state. We have buses and plenty of folks driving that would have an open seat. Beyond that, I'm not sure what more anyone could ask for. With just a little effort the game is everywhere. If you are an elderly person or have a physical disability or something similar that keeps you from going to the game then what can I do to help? But if your reasoning is I just don't want to go to the game or deal with trying to pay or get it online, then no I don't care in the least.

Or let me put it another way. I have able bodied friends and relatives that live in Cumberland and around the Baltimore/DC area that say they don't want to go see that game. That's fine, but why are you complaining that it might not be on TV?

The game might be a blow out according to some so there is no need for bigsavage to see this game in person or on TV if it won't entertain him. But you are absolutely correct, no one involved with FH football cares what a hiding message board poster has to continually gripe about. Just give me a 4th state title and I'll say thanks for the effort and achievement. Do you actually have anything positive to contribute? Anything at all? FH football owes you nothing. It's about the kids...high school kids. That's why we do things. That's why we volunteer our time. Not for selfish reasons. There is no "I" in state champs.

GO BIG RED!
Coming up from Florida for the game. Hope I have a chance to meet you Todd

Todd Helmick,

Whats with the hostility? All I did was ask why add a smart comment to your post, and if that is what you really think and feel about the fans. You then go into a full on rant. WOW!

Also, I would hardly consider 319 comments over an 8 year span to be a continual gripe. I sure hope your attitude is not representative of the entire Fort Hill Administration, because at this moment, it is piss poor at best.

Reactions: bigsavage
Todd Helmick,

Whats with the hostility? All I did was ask why add a smart comment to your post, and if that is what you really think and feel about the fans. You then go into a full on rant. WOW!

Also, I would hardly consider 319 comments over an 8 year span to be a continual gripe. I sure hope your attitude is not representative of the entire Fort Hill Administration, because at this moment, it is piss poor at best.

Well the last part wasn't directed at you. The first paragraph was more helpful than anything. If you saw the first paragraph as a rant, then you misread it.

In fact, I would go further to say that streaming live video these days has come a long, long way. Highly recommended you check out the NHFS live stream of the state title games if Atlantic BB doesn't pick up the live feed. I don't think I have seen a single FH or Alco game on TV but have seen almost everyone on the Commercial Video Stream. All whenever I want it, which is good. The quality is worth it.

Commercial Video does a great job.

I live in Louisiana and have watched the NFHS feed for several years. It's not bad. The announcers are lousy, but a million times better than the idiots on 106.7.

The state championship game will be broadcast live on Atlantic Broadband channel 155 for all digital customers. There will be no replay. Anyone with a Qam ready TV can see the game on channel 111.5.

Reactions: camper21502
What is the date/time for Ft. Hill's game and will any of the local FM stations carry it. Thanks

Im watching the 3A State Championship right now on Atlantic BB Ch. 153
Damscus 14 Franklin 12 10mins. left in the game...

Franklin on 3rd n goal from the 5 throws a int with 4 mins. left.... Still 14-12

I thought the game was hard fought and entertaining. Verizon FIOS carried it in HD on channel 514. The coverage was excellent and I think all the games will be well worth watching - unlike the NFL having ruined itself with endless challenges and reviews.

Franklin really looked like they had it. First and goal at the 5 or 6. Ended up missing a 36 yard FG that could have won it. Kudos to the Hornets D. Championship games all should be this close!

Franklin really looked like they had it. First and goal at the 5 or 6. Ended up missing a 36 yard FG that could have won it. Kudos to the Hornets D. Championship games all should be this close!
I often think FH is too predictable, Franklin took it to a whole different level. There go to play on 95% of big plays is the quarterback running the ball up the middle and sometimes bouncing to the outside. It works to a point, but when you get inside the ten and a well disciplined defense knows that is your go to they stuff it, then you have to do something you're not comfortable with and you turn it over. Kudos to Damascus on a well executed disciplined/focused game plan - don't make any mistakes and take advantage of those made by Franklin.

Can't believe Franklin passed on 3rd and goal from the inside the 5 with 4:00 left. A FG would have won the game and it would have basically been the distance of an extra point. Not only did they pass but they rolled the QB to the right and passed back to the left. That play call was asking for an interception.

I often think FH is too predictable, Franklin took it to a whole different level. There go to play on 95% of big plays is the quarterback running the ball up the middle and sometimes bouncing to the outside. It works to a point, but when you get inside the ten and a well disciplined defense knows that is your go to they stuff it, then you have to do something you're not comfortable with and you turn it over. Kudos to Damascus on a well executed disciplined/focused game plan - don't make any mistakes and take advantage of those made by Franklin.

Agree totally. You can't run a one dimensional offense against a solid team and expect to win. I was also surprised when Franklin didn't kick a FG down by 3 in the 4th. Dmass also got some friendly calls from the refs. But it was well played game by both teams. I was pleasantly surprised by Franklin. I don't usually cover Baltimore area schools and sometimes I probably underestimate them.

Agree totally. You can't run a one dimensional offense against a solid team and expect to win. I was also surprised when Franklin didn't kick a FG down by 3 in the 4th. Dmass also got some friendly calls from the refs. But it was well played game by both teams. I was pleasantly surprised by Franklin. I don't usually cover Baltimore area schools and sometimes I probably underestimate them.

And, as I understand it, Franklin started 3 Freshman - good stuff for the future.

And, as I understand it, Franklin started 3 Freshman - good stuff for the future.
The one thing, and it may be underclassmen not knowing better, but there were some mighty big celebrations going up after the second Franklin td that got them within two - but because of all the hoopla they had to use a timeout just to get the players and the play in for the two point conversion, a timeout that could have been used to stop the clock late in the game.Once they took the tiimeout their big two pt play was a quarterback run that was stuffed. I didn't see anybody celebrating after that play!
Damascus is too dam good to not be focused every single play for 4 quarters...if Franklin learned that they will win some titles and not just get to the title game.

Can't believe Franklin passed on 3rd and goal from the inside the 5 with 4:00 left. A FG would have won the game and it would have basically been the distance of an extra point. Not only did they pass but they rolled the QB to the right and passed back to the left. That play call was asking for an interception.
yep playcalling cost them that game along with some dumb penalties...

The announcers were not horrible, but they were not good either. They had Banks scoring all 5 TDs until the final game stats. I also can't blame them for not being impressed with the Wing-T, but it obviously works and wins championships. They have seen a lot of newer, modern systems and compared to say, a triple option, the wing-t is not as exciting for sure, but it gets the job done and everyone loves smash mouth football!.

Reactions: camper21502
According to the announcers, Cumberland is a depressed city in Washington County.

The announcers were not horrible, but they were not good either. They had Banks scoring all 5 TDs until the final game stats. I also can't blame them for not being impressed with the Wing-T, but it obviously works and wins championships. They have seen a lot of newer, modern systems and compared to say, a triple option, the wing-t is not as exciting for sure, but it gets the job done and everyone loves smash mouth football!.
The one announcer was talking like our way of Football up here is so boring... Oh well boring = Championships..

Funny how the team that just set the state record for most points in a season doesn't run a spread, pistol or any sort of wide open offense but the boring ol' wing-t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT