ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Class 1A West Point Totals - Week 7

Was looking on the FH football website. FH hasn't played Bedford since 1950.
When people talk schedules, I never hear anyone bring up Bedford. Just wondering.
They are killin' teams this year.

I've seen a lot of local football,, but have never saw a Bedford game.
Are they not a possible opponent? Is Bedford close to FH in enrollment? Like I said, just wondering.

Was looking on the FH football website. FH hasn't played Bedford since 1950.
When people talk schedules, I never hear anyone bring up Bedford. Just wondering.
They are killin' teams this year.

I've seen a lot of local football,, but have never saw a Bedford game.
Are they not a possible opponent? Is Bedford close to FH in enrollment? Like I said, just wondering.

I'm sure Todd will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe FH approached Bedford a few years back and Bedford like other area schools has no interest in playing Fort Hill.

The regulars here probably know the answer to this question when it comes to most every PA school.
Bedford is in the Laurel Highlands Conference. Every single one of their 10 game regular season opponents are in this league. This is why it's tough to crack into a PA schedule. And if they even have an opening or two they are usually the first or second game only. Chestnut Ridge has not been in a league and it has really hurt them. Although now they do at least have an agreement to play teams currently in the Mountain Conference where Central and Clearfield resides. Which is why Central could no longer keep playing FH after 2013. Once Chestnut Ridge became a fixture in their schedule, Central lost the ability to pick up another non-conference opponent like FH. This is also why FH only had Week 1 as an option to play Clearfield. This is also why Chestnut Ridge got bumped up to Week 2 and Week 3 on the Alco and FH schedule these past two years.

LAUREL HIGHLANDS CONFERENCE
Bishop Guilfoyle
Bedford
Somerset
Forest Hills
Westmont Hilltop
Greater Johnstown
Cambria Heights
Richland
Central Cambria
Bishop McCort
Penn Cambria