ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like a rematch! What fun!

It's going to be a good game, at least entertainment-wise. If FH's pass coverage is as bad as it was tonight, it might be a disappointing Saturday for them. Hopefully, they spy #8 since he's MR's biggest threat.
In the first game Ridge had 133 yards until that 76 yard td late in the 4th against all FH subs. 133 yards will not win this game next Saturday.

It's going to be a good game, at least entertainment-wise. If FH's pass coverage is as bad as it was tonight, it might be a disappointing Saturday for them. Hopefully, they spy #8 since he's MR's biggest threat.

The pass coverage wasn't bad, but the DB's do need to realize they are allowed to knock balls down.

If MR had won a close game earlier in the year or lost, I'd give them better odds next week. Ridge won fair and square and were absolutely the better team that game. But they are playing a much different FH team now. This should be a helluva game.

One thing I will say that kinda sucks for MR fans is the next Saturday is also the big Christmas parade and the storybook thing on TV that's being filmed. Some hard decisions to be made by our western Allegany county neighbors.

I just have to say it. Yes, he's (FH #2) fast. Yes he can juke a little and had long TD. However, is he afraid to get hit or something? So many plays if he lowers his shoulder, he might pick up more yards or even bust the play open. He's got some skill if only he'd use it. If I'm a D1 (or more likely even a D2) scout, speed or not, I'd pass. No idea what kind of mettle the kid has. Is he planning to hang up the cleats for good at the end of the season?

He has garnered some interest, and afaik he has every intention to play at the next level. He also plays defense, btw. Which I think is where he would prob get his shot for college. Jmo

I just have to say it. Yes, he's (FH #2) fast. Yes he can juke a little and had long TD. However, is he afraid to get hit or something? So many plays if he lowers his shoulder, he might pick up more yards or even bust the play open. He's got some skill if only he'd use it. If I'm a D1 (or more likely even a D2) scout, speed or not, I'd pass. No idea what kind of mettle the kid has. Is he planning to hang up the cleats for good at the end of the season?
This is true. Get the few extra yards. JMO

My humble opinion FH #2, and MR #8, both could excel as defensive backs at high D2 or maybe even lower D1. The gem here is FH #5. Like him or dislike him for the adult decisions he has had to make at such a young age. He has the biggest upside of any athlete in the county. If I had any input into his decision making, I would suggest a year of prep school. Keep in mind he is just relearning how to play football, just raw un-teachable, un-coachable, natural instincts, and feel for the game that I haven't seen in an athlete this young, and inexperienced in many years. Some D1s need to get in this kids living room, and sell him on prep school and redshirt route. He needs football reps. The basketball program he played in only proves that this kid will put in the work. The prep route helps the fact that he is at least a year behind in the recruiting cycle. Good luck to the 3 of them. Lots of talent there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Football101A
I said the same thing about a certain player last year who had all kinds of preseason props but the more the season went the less he got talked about. If you were coaching and a kid runs out of bounds instead of fighting for yardage do you coach him or take him out? If I got a guy on the sidelines less talented, slower, but is willing to put their head down for a yard or two I go with that guy, he's a team player. It's a little late in the season to do that now so we got what we got, and it aint bad.

I said the same thing about a certain player last year who had all kinds of preseason props but the more the season went the less he got talked about. If you were coaching and a kid runs out of bounds instead of fighting for yardage do you coach him or take him out? If I got a guy on the sidelines less talented, slower, but is willing to put their head down for a yard or two I go with that guy, he's a team player. It's a little late in the season to do that now so we got what we got, and it aint bad.
Back in my day, we were coached to initiate, and absorb the contact. Run through the defender so to speak. Today's athletes, especially the higher the level are tought to avoid unnecessary contact, and body punishment. Live to play another down. Now from the NFL on down to high school level football has become a business. Healthy players get paid. Your best ability is availability. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
First off why don't you keep your opinion to yourself. I love when you ****ing internet gangster run mouth about kids and won't even identify yourself. If you must know the kid has two division offers an multiple interest on offense and defense. He has been invited to underarmour camp, espn camp etc. The kid trains super hard busts his ass an waited his turn. The amount of bullshit he has dealt with is unreal. Watch the damn game the kid takes carries off tackle an in the middle of the field. Do me a favor put your name to your comments. Do you people literally have nothing better to do than comment an complain. **** you an your opinion. If you really wanna give your opinion. Say it to his parents face. In my humble opinion you low life fools who don't have a life rather talk negative about at kid who works hard in the classroom an on the field. Get a life and if your wondering this is Tony G . Why don't you hang up your opinion. This is what is wrong with this town. To many adults that are cowards and have nothing better to do than to be negative. Hope you choke on your next ****ing sheetz hot dog. Happy holidays!!!

First off why don't you keep your opinion to yourself. I love when you ****ing internet gangster run mouth about kids and won't even identify yourself. If you must know the kid has two division offers an multiple interest on offense and defense. He has been invited to underarmour camp, espn camp etc. The kid trains super hard busts his ass an waited his turn. The amount of bullshit he has dealt with is unreal. Watch the damn game the kid takes carries off tackle an in the middle of the field. Do me a favor put your name to your comments. Do you people literally have nothing better to do than comment an complain. **** you an your opinion. If you really wanna give your opinion. Say it to his parents face. In my humble opinion you low life fools who don't have a life rather talk negative about at kid who works hard in the classroom an on the field. Get a life and if your wondering this is Tony G . Why don't you hang up your opinion. This is what is wrong with this town. To many adults that are cowards and have nothing better to do than to be negative. Hope you choke on your next ****ing sheetz hot dog. Happy holidays!!!
<Sigh>
It's a football forum. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I think you need a hug.

My humble opinion FH #2, and MR #8, both could excel as defensive backs at high D2 or maybe even lower D1. The gem here is FH #5. Like him or dislike him for the adult decisions he has had to make at such a young age. He has the biggest upside of any athlete in the county. If I had any input into his decision making, I would suggest a year of prep school. Keep in mind he is just relearning how to play football, just raw un-teachable, un-coachable, natural instincts, and feel for the game that I haven't seen in an athlete this young, and inexperienced in many years. Some D1s need to get in this kids living room, and sell him on prep school and redshirt route. He needs football reps. The basketball program he played in only proves that this kid will put in the work. The prep route helps the fact that he is at least a year behind the recruiting cycle. Good luck to the 3 of them. Lots of talent there.
You're right about #5. Loads of talent. He's definitely raw D1 talent, IMHO. He's not afraid to put his shoulder into it and make contact.

My thought is that he plays the way the high school game is played today. No different than many others in county. Sometimes these athletes of today do things so well that it looks effortless. We tend to forget the hard work they put in, and the focus they have. I have seen #2 play multiple times this year, and never noticed him shying away from contact.

Oh, and that's great he's got offers. I wish him the best of luck at the next level.

My thought is that he plays the way the high school game is played today. No different than many others in county. Sometimes these athletes of today do things so well that it looks effortless. We tend to forget the hard work they put in, and the focus they have. I have seen #2 play multiple times this year, and never noticed him shying away from contact.
Everyone has an opinion. This generation is just too damn sensitive.

How is someone sensitive. When you are hiding behind a forum an being negative about kids!
Look, I'm sorry my opinion ruffled your feathers. I didn't criticize the kid's work ethic or scholastic commitment. I didn't even mention him by name. I critiqued his football field performance. I can't believe this is an issue, considering everyone on here is an armchair coach. You're entitled to your opinion as am I. Your original post in this thread was in no way civil, therefore clearly demonstrates your sensitivity.

Oh, and I don't like Sheetz hotdogs. They give me heartburn.

Look, I'm sorry my opinion ruffled your feathers. I didn't criticize the kid's work ethic or scholastic commitment. I didn't even mention him by name. I critiqued his football field performance. I can't believe this is an issue, considering everyone on here is an armchair coach. You're entitled to your opinion as am I. Your original post in this thread was in no way civil, therefore clearly demonstrates your sensitivity.

Oh, and I don't like Sheetz hotdogs. They give me heartburn.
As I previously stated. You people get on these forums and bash kids behind a screename. I rather be accused of being sensitive than be a coward. Trust me you are not the only one!!! I work with alot of kids in the area. Therefore I stick up for all of them. Not just mine!

Reactions: ravemwp
How is someone sensitive. When you are hiding behind a forum an being negative about kids!
Mom, or dad, relax, if there was no truth to it you wouldn't be getting so worked up. you are validating this person's opinion, which they are entitled to, by overreacting. Furthermore, how is anybody on this board hiding? Oh wait, you are hiding, you haven't given your name. Why don't you go first and then all the rest of us will think about your motivation and integrity and go from there.

Last edited:
Mom, or dad, relax, if there was no truth to it you wouldn't be getting so worked up. you are validating this person's opinion, which they are entitled to, by overreacting. Furthermore, how is anybody on this board hiding? Oh wait, you are hiding, you haven't given your name. Why don't you go first and then all the rest of us will think about your motivation and integrity and go from there.
First of all don't tell me to relax. Second I wrote my name before its Tony Gonzalez.. I can give a damn what you think my motivation is. And please don't ever question my integrity. I don't hide nor bash kids. Lastly I am a very easy person to find. Funny thing about giving so called anonymous opinions. Lol 😆 The kids have more heart than the adults.

Reactions: ravemwp
I don't know who we are talking about but I am not hiding behind anything... just for the record...
I welcome fun in my life!!
I am still not sure what happened here..
I watched video and I don;t really thin anyone was getting personal here but i'm sure it happens...
just lighten up and be glad FH is about to win another state title next week

First of all don't tell me to relax. Second I wrote my name before its Tony Gonzalez.. I can give a damn what you think my motivation is. And please don't ever question my integrity. I don't hide nor bash kids. Lastly I am a very easy person to find. Funny thing about giving so called anonymous opinions. Lol 😆 The kids have more heart than the adults.
I wholeheartedly agree about negativity towards the student athletes. These forums create a space to talk about high school football, the games, the results, questionable calls, game plans, and create debate as to how and why we got to the result. A place to celebrate the positive of high school sports. I believe most coaches will address any in game negative issues with their team. I posted on a different thread earlier this year about what I encountered at the FH v MR game. I have no issues with fans, students and parents rooting for their own team, and rooting against their opponents. The things I heard adults saying about and rooting for Tavin Willis, and Mikey Allen to fail was appalling. Wanting them to have a bad game is one thing, rooting against them to fail in making it to the next level is something I just can't comprehend. These people, nor do I know what work they put forth, to create opportunities for themselves. Why would any adult find pleasure in a student athlete not being successful in life. High school sports always is and always should be about the student athlete. Weather sports or any walk of life, never root for a child to fail. Be a positive influence for the youth, be it yours or someone else's. Some adults thought process in this town does baffle me from time to time.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree about negativity towards the student athletes. These forums create a space to talk about high school football, the games, the results, questionable calls, game plans, and create debate as to how and why we got to the result. A place to celebrate the positive of high school sports. I believe most coaches will address any in game negative issues with their team. I posted on a different thread earlier this year about what I encountered at the FH v MR game. I have no issues with fans, students and parents rooting for their own team, and rooting against their opponents. The things I heard adults saying about and rooting for Tavin Willis, and Mikey Allen to fail was appalling. Wanting them to have a bad game is one thing, rooting against them to fail in making it to the next level is something I just can't comprehend. These people, nor do I know what work they put forth, to create opportunities for themselves. Why would any adult find pleasure in a student athlete not being successful in life. High school sports always is and always should be about the student athlete. Weather sports or any walk of life, never root for a child to fail. Be a positive influence for the youth, be it yours or someone else's. Some adults thought process in this town does baffle me from time to time.
I actually wished the young man success. I, too, very much dislike many of the disgusting things many FH fans (and, to be fair, many other school's fans) say about hurting kids on the field. To me, that is going way over the line.

What irks me is all of this overreaction to anything negative said about a kid's performance on the field. I didn't bash the kid, just gave my opinion on his football skills. If you want to intelligently, and in a civilized manner, refute what I have to say, go ahead. But too many people can't take constructive criticism anymore - it makes you better!!! I know parents love their kid (football player), but love doesn't make him or her top-tier talent. The problem is kids are getting way too many participation accolades (trophies) just for showing up.

My final $0.02 -- When you're placed on a pedestal, the effort and intensity fall off. Always telling a young man or woman how great/talented they are only inflates their ego and causes them to level off and just show up. It does little to further nurture their talent. I truly hope the kid that's the subject of this thread proves me wrong.

GO BIG RED!

I actually wished the young man success. I, too, very much dislike many of the disgusting things many FH fans (and, to be fair, many other school's fans) say about hurting kids on the field. To me, that is going way over the line.

What irks me is all of this overreaction to anything negative said about a kid's performance on the field. I didn't bash the kid, just gave my opinion on his football skills. If you want to intelligently, and in a civilized manner, refute what I have to say, go ahead. But too many people can't take constructive criticism anymore - it makes you better!!! I know parents love their kid (football player), but love doesn't make him or her top-tier talent. The problem is kids are getting way too many participation accolades (trophies) just for showing up.

My final $0.02 -- When you're placed on a pedestal, the effort and intensity fall off. Always telling a young man or woman how great/talented they are only inflates their ego and causes them to level off and just show up. It does little to further nurture their talent. I truly hope the kid that's the subject of this thread proves me wrong.

GO BIG RED!
There is a reason I have had an account and don't comment. I realize the redundant conversations go no where. I hate when people use the constructive criticism argument. It further irritates me more when we discuss and assume that a kid is only being told how wonderful they are etc. Bottom line is my anger stems from you not knowing the kid nor the family. You don't what they kid has done in his own time to get better an compete. You don't know how the parents raised the kid etc.. Furthermore, if you feel so strongly why don't you help out or coach. Or maybe since you seem to know so much about college evaluations why don't you help the kids get to college. Hmmmmm. Exactly. Rather than complain on a message board an be negative I actually try to help the kids. Either way this is my last comment on this thread. And yes I attached my name to it.

It’s a Football forum and this is America. Everyone should be able to express their opionion. If you or i don’t agree with it that’s fine. This is what forums are for. America is in a cancel culture state right now where every one’s feelings get hurt.

It’s a Football forum and this is America. Everyone should be able to express their opionion. If you or i don’t agree with it that’s fine. This is what forums are for. America is in a cancel culture state right now where every one’s feelings get hurt.
This has nothing to do with cancel culture. But ok!!! This is why I stay off these..

For someone who doesn't like when people make assumptions, there's quite a few of them in your own post.

Keep up the good work with Tavin, but if/when he gets to the next level, there's going to be even more stuff talked about online. Engaging in these kinds of forums won't change anything.
Trust me I don't plan on it. Lolol!!!

RELAX. So we are supposed to care what you think when you don't care what we think. Your whole rant was uncivil and vulgar and therefor your argument will not be taken seriously by anyone. If you had just stated a fact and left it at that it would have been fine, but calling people names and using the f word repeatedly shows you didn't think your argument was sound so you attacked. You can call me or 4R431 names and curse but it seems like the way you describe yourself and your comments here do not match at all. Personally I commented on something from last year as a perspective that it could be the way our backs are being coached which would be no reflection on the player. That's enough, have a good day.

RELAX. So we are supposed to care what you think when you don't care what we think. Your whole rant was uncivil and vulgar and therefor your argument will not be taken seriously by anyone. If you had just stated a fact and left it at that it would have been fine, but calling people names and using the f word repeatedly shows you didn't think your argument was sound so you attacked. You can call me or 4R431 names and curse but it seems like the way you describe yourself and your comments here do not match at all. Personally I commented on something from last year as a perspective that it could be the way our backs are being coached which would be no reflection on the player. That's enough, have a good day.
I never called you a name period. I addressed the issue with the person directly on here. Enjoy your day as well.

Did anyone else notice that FH had zero return yards against Joppatowne. I know the place kicker kicked both kickoffs out of bounds. I noticed on every punt FH waved for a fair catch as soon as the ball was kicked, even those they didn't field. I'm sure it was by design, though I find it odd as to why. Just wondering if anyone else noticed. They did wind up with good field position each time.

There is a reason I have had an account and don't comment. I realize the redundant conversations go no where. I hate when people use the constructive criticism argument. It further irritates me more when we discuss and assume that a kid is only being told how wonderful they are etc. Bottom line is my anger stems from you not knowing the kid nor the family. You don't what they kid has done in his own time to get better an compete. You don't know how the parents raised the kid etc.. Furthermore, if you feel so strongly why don't you help out or coach. Or maybe since you seem to know so much about college evaluations why don't you help the kids get to college. Hmmmmm. Exactly. Rather than complain on a message board an be negative I actually try to help the kids. Either way this is my last comment on this thread. And yes I attached my name to it.
Tony G. I don't know you, but I know of you. Keep doing what you do. It's always about the kids first. Much respect.

Will revenge be a dish best served cold in Annapolis or will it be time to acknowledge and crown a new big dawg in Western MD?

Stay tuned!
Aren’t BOTH the same thing?

Or is the “revenge” for the reg season loss?

I would think “revenge” would be for last years state game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT